Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Dates

I JUST GOT APPROVED!!!! My surgery date is January 15th. I start my 2 week liquid diet on New Years day :) So very shocked, excited, crazed, and anxious!

Can't remember if I told you or not but congrats!!!!

Funny, I start my liquid diet on Jan 15th which is 2 days before my birthday. My kids said they would make me a Protein birthday smoothie instead of cake: )

Funny' date=' I start my liquid diet on Jan 15th which is 2 days before my birthday. My kids said they would make me a Protein birthday smoothie instead of cake: )[/quote']

Mine is also d 15 n also have a 2 wk diet I'm so excited.

Very exciting!!

I'm so very happy! I just told my boyfriend about the surgery and he said he will support be 100% even though he doesn't know how he feels about it personally, he knows its what I feel will help me get healthier. Tons of relief off my shoulders... A little over 3 weeks til surgery! Still gotta get stuff for liquid diet (15 days!) and pre op appt set up.. Can't believe it's finally happening!

Any else feel like now that you've got your date, time seems to be passing by slow? I'm so ready for this like yesterday lol

Any else feel like now that you've got your date' date=' time seems to be passing by slow? I'm so ready for this like yesterday lol[/quote']

I kind of want it to go by slow now lol I've been researching and thinking about this since march and all appointments were done in September and I wasn't even sure it was going to happen. Now I'm relaxing and just easing into it cause I know how much things are going to change and I don't want to put much stress on right now lol. I'm nervous about complications but so excited to start my new life and begin this journey!

Funny' date=' I start my liquid diet on Jan 15th which is 2 days before my birthday. My kids said they would make me a Protein birthday smoothie instead of cake: )[/quote']

You should get Celebrate ENS + Protein cake batter flavor!! :-)

I am also posting on Obesity.com on their RNY thread, so if I duplicate anything, I am sorry. Everything seems to be moving so very quickly. I go Wednesday for my pre-op testing (and Christmas shopping for me, as I asked for cash to hit the clearances!), then band removal and RNY on the 4th of January.

I was concerned about the Protein drinks and the different flavors, very few that appealed to me. I discovered Capella unsweetened concentrated flavoring in droplet bottles. There are many, many to choose from. I even chose French Toast & Bacon!!! These may be added to Protein shakes, yogurt, cottage cheese....just about anything. Add a drop or two or more to your liking and they will magically turn that plain vanilla shake into whatever you choose. Mine arrived yesterday and may be ordered online.

I have been reading the posts of those who are now about a year out and they are very encouraging. We are all starting our journey right at the new year and should see a big change by summer! It will be exciting to see our pictures next Christmas and just how we have changed in both body and in being mindful that this is a forever lifestyle change and just how well we did throughout the year.

Blessings and a Merry Christmas to you all!

Lynn

I told my family for Christmas not to get me any cloths since they won't fit for long. I'm so excited. I think about this surgery every day. EVERY day. I can't wait to be healthy and happy!

surgery 1-21-2013

Hey guys! Congrats to you all :) I just got my date for Jan 18th yaaaaaaay I'm so stoked and nervous at the same time! I've been on this journey since May and its finally happening!!!

I told my family for Christmas not to get me any cloths since they won't fit for long. I'm so excited. I think about this surgery every day. EVERY day. I can't wait to be healthy and happy!

surgery 1-21-2013

Me too!!! No one got me clothes for xmas, thankfully. I think about the surgery ALL day...everyone's telling me to shutup hahahah

Super excited for you all getting your dates! :]

I'm getting a bit nervous, and I have not prepared AT ALL. It's hard to trust after the last go-round when my surgery was cancelled the day of my pre-op (May 2012). This pre-op is little more than a week away, surgery scheduled for Jan.10th and still haven't heard back from the surgery coordinator if she's gotten a response from my insurance approving the change from sleeve to RNY. To be honest, I think they are the most disorganized office I've ever dealt with. Has anyone else ever had trouble dealing with their coordinators?

In the world of healthcare, YOU, have to be your own advocate. When they told me I needed appointments, I told the them that they alrready had my info and to just fax it where it needed to go. I was approved immediately by insurance and did not get a date until it was. This is the same while you are in the hospital, you have to watch out for yourself. If you did not see the person wash their hands, make them or make them glove up. Make sure nothing they touch is near any scratches you might have. Everyday equipment is not cleaned all that often and things spread. I worked in Cardiopulmonary for a long time and there is no way to properly clean an EKG machine between patients, even if you are dealing with MERSA or c.diff. In fact, when I had the band put in, I came home with the extra gift of c.diff. I have learned my lesson.

Keep on top of it!!!

Lynn

In the world of healthcare' date=' YOU, have to be your own advocate. When they told me I needed appointments, I told the them that they alrready had my info and to just fax it where it needed to go. I was approved immediately by insurance and did not get a date until it was. This is the same while you are in the hospital, you have to watch out for yourself. If you did not see the person wash their hands, make them or make them glove up. Make sure nothing they touch is near any scratches you might have. Everyday equipment is not cleaned all that often and things spread. I worked in Cardiopulmonary for a long time and there is no way to properly clean an EKG machine between patients, even if you are dealing with MERSA or c.diff. In fact, when I had the band put in, I came home with the extra gift of c.diff. I have learned my lesson.

Keep on top of it!!!

Lynn[/quote']

Thanks for the advice Lynn. I guess we sometimes just think they have more control than they really do, and its often because we give it to them. I didn't have any trouble until it came to the coordination of getting approved for surgery with my insurance. It was then that the ball was dropped, and as a patient-I do have the right to proper attention and an outlet for a complaint. I'm calling the insurance in the am, then their office. If needed I'll walk into the office for more information. I deserve to have peace of mind. I've already trusted their word and given my work notice after changing dates a 2nd time. I need to know they're going to hold up their end of the deal-this is my health/life.