Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Dates

My surgeon did his own blood test. A EGD and endo was also part of the testing. I had esophageal ulcers' date=' Gerd, diverticulosis (I think that the one), hiatal hernia. I had a list of things, still had surgery cuz it is able to help. Speak frankly. He should have ordered his own blood testing. If your blood tests come back normal I think the rest can be helped by the surgery. Depends on your surgeon. Try not to worry til there is a need. I know easier said than done. Good luck. Lets us know what Dr says tomorrow.

Gen :-) 12/15/12[/quote']

Thank you for this. This made me feel so much better. Maybe I'm just driving myself crazy with worry unnecessarily. We shall see.

5 MORE DAYS...... WAAAAHOOOOOOO. I don't know why I don't have to do the liquid diet. It was odd to me. Go tomorrow to do my 8 hour nutritional class. So ready for my new improved life. God Bless

Thank you for this. This made me feel so much better. Maybe I'm just driving myself crazy with worry unnecessarily. We shall see.

I don't think it ever ends! As if tomorrow's pre-op isn't causing enough worry, my husband slips (on air) and falls half way down the stairs to the middle landing tonight, hurting his back and tailbone. I had to force him to lay there until my brother-in-law got there to help me move him down to the couch (he's very stubborn and after a while tried to move on his own-but wanted to go UPSTAIRS to bed) ugh! I was so worried and thought he needed to go to the hospital, I could tell he was in severe pain-but he won't go. So for now he's on the couch with a bunch of pillows and a blanket, his cell phone, he's had two extra strength excedrin for pain, a PB&J sandwich, and is believing that I'm going to let him go to work tomorrow. MEN! :blink:

January Dates

MrsPolk - Jan 02

Nikempster - Jan 3, Federal Way, WA

Thynnlynn - Jan 4, Ypsilanti, MI

Preacherswife26 - Jan 7

Frogjlr - Jan 7, St Vincent, Camel, IN

Truebind - Jan 7

MollyB38 - Jan 8

Teka2011 - Jan 9

Jmaromano. - Jane - Jan 9

BrattyAsh - Jan 9

BigMike - Jan 9, San Antonio, TX

Ducky07 - Jan 9

Ready2Smile - Jan 10

Jessica9190 - Jan 10

Feelin-Lika-Cow - Jan 14

Kloveburd - Jan 14

Trailblazer57 - Jan 14, Greenville, PA

TLP1212 - Jan 14

Mommywifeandfat - Jan 14

Lovealways - Jan 14

Libra_Lisa - Jan 18

Wdwfreak - Jan 21

Jayla_Mom_of2 - Jan 21

Cookie - Jan 21

Copmom - Jan 22

Vbgirl264 - Jan 22

Dizzywzi - Jan 24

MrsPritts11367 - Jan 30

Gen :-) 12/15/12

There is your list so far. Changes and additions are easily made. Post your date and you'll be added :-) good luck all.

St. Vincent, Camel,IN

My surgery is Jan 08/2013! 6months of physician follow ups.. Then all paperwork submitted to insurance on 12/14/12 for approval. On 12/27/12 I was approved! Now pre op appt on 01/04/13 and Surgery is Tues the 8th.. I'm excited and scared all at the same time :/

lovealways, on December 26, 2012 - 3:42 PM, said: Feel free to add to this list and edit it as dates come along. The following are confirmed surgery dates for January 2013.... thynnlynn – 1/4/13 preacherswife26 – 1/7/13 Frogjlr – 1/7/13 Teka2011 – 1/9/13 feelin-lika-cow – 1/14/13 Trailblazer57 – 1/14/13 Lovealways – 1/15/13 Libralisa – 1/18/13 Wdwfreak – 1/21/13 Jayla_mom_of2 – 1/21/13 Copmom – 1/22/13 Vbgirl264 – 1/22/13 mrspitts11367-- 1/30/13 Mollyb38-1/08/13 How exciting!!!! 2013 is our year!!!!

January Dates

MrsPolk - Jan 02

Nikempster - Jan 3, Federal Way, WA

Thynnlynn - Jan 4, Ypsilanti, MI

Preacherswife26 - Jan 7

Frogjlr - Jan 7, St Vincent, Camel, IN

Truebind - Jan 7

MollyB38 - Jan 8

Teka2011 - Jan 9

Jmaromano. - Jane - Jan 9

BrattyAsh - Jan 9

BigMike - Jan 9, San Antonio, TX

Ducky07 - Jan 9

Ready2Smile - Jan 10

Jessica9190 - Jan 10

Feelin-Lika-Cow - Jan 14

Kloveburd - Jan 14

Trailblazer57 - Jan 14, Greenville, PA

TLP1212 - Jan 14

Mommywifeandfat - Jan 14

Lovealways - Jan 14

Libra_Lisa - Jan 18

Wdwfreak - Jan 21

Jayla_Mom_of2 - Jan 21

Cookie - Jan 21

Copmom - Jan 22

Vbgirl264 - Jan 22

Dizzywzi - Jan 24

MrsPritts11367 - Jan 30

Feeling some sense of relief-made it ALL the way through my 4hour pre-op today, unlike the 1st time last May. I watched the video, signed some papers and met with the nurse, my surgeon, (he's great) and the "fellow" who will be assisting him during surgery (she's also great, 1st time meeting her) and got a lot of questions answered. After that I had about 6-7 vials of blood taken-2 were extra for my thyroid doctor; I did a urine test, picked up my pre-surgery antibiotics and a very scary gianormous bottle of bowel prep mixture, and finally had a pre-surgery anesthesiologist consult.

Whew! Praying my tests all come back ok and everything goes as planned from here on out! I really want to be on that losers bench! :rolleyes:

Damn this pre-op liquid diet is difficult! I literally feel like I'm starving myself! Anyone else? Today is day 3.

Damn this pre-op liquid diet is difficult! I literally feel like I'm starving myself! Anyone else? Today is day 3.

Im on day 8, 7 more to go... i was fine, having to eat, well drink something every 2 hours and 3 Protein Shakes a day wasnt making me hungry... but my mind was telling me I was. I cracked on my 5&6 day, i ate. Today im feeling weak again, so i called nutritionist to see if theres anything healthy i can eat... i can not wait for her return call.... anyone not on an all liquids 2week diet, what are u allowed to have??? I have read high protein/low carb meal, i think i may try that at lunch. Opinions???

I'm not on a pre-op liquid diet. I'm right on the border so not required to lose before surgery. I AM getting so nervous though, cried myself to sleep last night for no reason at all... just nervous and scared!! :unsure:

I'm not on a pre-op liquid diet. I'm right on the border so not required to lose before surgery. I AM getting so nervous though, cried myself to sleep last night for no reason at all... just nervous and scared!! :unsure:

I've been feeling scared too....it just feels very real at this point!

I'm not on a liquid diet either.. I go in for my pre op in the morning.. They told me I would be meeting with the surgeon team, and also the anesthesiology team.. Along with a nutrition class.. Only 5 more days! Excited/ scared!