Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Dates

My name is MrsPitts not pritts. LOL> I tried to change it but couldn't .. I am so excited for my sugery. trying some of the unjury Protein stuff now to determine what i like so I can order it to have on hand. Good Luck everyone!!!

LMAO, so sorry ::blush::

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Omg so nervous I was originally scheduled for 1-9-12 and they had a cancellation so now it is Monday . I have to be at the hospital @ 6:30am. Everyone say a prayer for me and wish me luck.

Any suggestions on any items I should stock up on before I come home from the hospital

Good luck!!! So excited for you. One4ozzie (Gen) already left some great suggestions for you. Another recommendation is Propel Zero. It comes in a variety of flavors...no cals, no sugar, and it's delicious during this liquid diet lol. Another recommendation is lots and lots of herbal tea (decaf). Make sure to get some chewable Multivitamins and Calcium with Vitamin D and some pepcid to keep your stomach ok if you're allowed to take it (my surgeon recommended it for me).

Good luck!!! So excited for you. One4ozzie (Gen) already left some great suggestions for you. Another recommendation is Propel Zero. It comes in a variety of flavors...no cals' date=' no sugar, and it's delicious during this liquid diet lol. Another recommendation is lots and lots of herbal tea (decaf). Make sure to get some chewable Multivitamins and Calcium with Vitamin D and some pepcid to keep your stomach ok if you're allowed to take it (my surgeon recommended it for me). [/quote']

I was on an antacid before surgery due to severe reflux. I have not needed to use it yet. With the pouch, it doesn't have the stomach acids in it like your stomach did. However, some individuals do have some reflux after. Your Surgeon knows your medical history so feel free to ask him/her about it :-) My Dr knew I had issues before and told me I could take my Rx for it. However haven't needed it :-) If he/she doesn't say anything about Milk of Magnesia, ask your surgeon.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

How is the liquid diet going? I am also more afraid of recovery pain. I think it has a lot to do with just naturally fearing the unknown. I pray you have a veryvspeedy recovery!

The liquid diet is going good, I had a headache the first few days. Now I feel like I have adjusted and don't feel hungry.

The liquid diet is going good' date=' I had a headache the first few days. Now I feel like I have adjusted and don't feel hungry.[/quote']

Which shakes are you drinking?

How is the liquid diet going? I am also more afraid of recovery pain. I think it has a lot to do with just naturally fearing the unknown. I pray you have a veryvspeedy recovery!

The liquid diet is going good, I had a headache the first few days. Now I feel like I have adjusted and don't feel hungry. Thank you.

Which shakes are you drinking?

EAS advantage, and pure Protein. I have samples from powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, nectar Syntrax and some others coming in the mail for post op to try different options. I also did the same for Vitamins.

I am scheduled for January 23, 2013. Just waiting for insurance to send the final approval! I have one day o Clear liquids before surgery. Pre-op is scheduled for the 16th. Can't believe it's a few weeks away. I have three kids (10, 8, and 5) plus two large English labs and a husband who isn't home much. I am hoping for a speedy recovery for my children and dogs as they are lap dogs as well, we have been trying to keep them down a lot but they aren't used to being with me and sitting by my side and under my feet.

Looking forward to being able to play soccer with my kids again as I have a large tumor that can't be removed until I loose this extra weight due to complications I had having c-sections for all three kids. Used to play sports on college then I got hit by a at crossing the street and damaged a lot of my body but blesses on the three kids who each added weight to my body frame and complications and each one the fibroid tumor grew. 11 yrs of feeling pregnant is enough and I can't wait for this next step to aiding in a healthy lifestyle and hopefully once I loose the weight I can have the fibroid removed and get back to an active lifestyle.

I enjoy reading everyone's posts and don't reply much but as this one is all about Jan dates I looking forward to watching and enjoying everyone's progress and smiling and hugging those hat need it along the way.

Thanks for sharing your story and Good Luck in Your next Venture.

Shannon

Workingmotherofthree

Hey I'm 32 years old

5'6.5" 241 lbs. BMI 38.5 (was higher but lost on three month diet)

Anyone in January close to my size?

Im kind of close..I am 5'7 @ 255. I was 275 but lost 20 from liquid diet when I scheduled surgery the 1st time

Oh cool are you nervous?

yes... I was supposed to have surgery December 13th but the hospital called me the day before and said I could potentially get a bill for 14,000 dollars so I changed it to january 24th

I see people are taking like 3-6 weeks off.... anyone out there been thru this before?? I recovered very quickly with two c-sections and a gallbladder removal, with the gallbladder removal I was back to work in 4 days. My doc tells me 3 weeks most likely but I may feel good by 2 weeks.... I am shooting for one week as i am doing this unpaid leave from work.... am I going over board?? Surgery is this wednesday!!!

my surgery is on a Thursday so I'm taking 8 days off and working fri to see how I feel. im off for the weekend. then I will decide if I need more time.