Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Just Us Guys

I had my first fill today. It was 3cc's in a 10 cc band. It felt a little funny for a while - like my stomach was trying to wriggle out of the band's new grip. The doctor said just go easy when eating and did not say I had to go back on fluids or mushies. I had Taco Bell chilli and four crackers for supper and all went down ok. I chewed well and took my time. I get into trouble if I let myself get too hungry or talk too much while I'm eating.

I started a diet at the first of November, preop diet started November 29, and the band went on December 15. At weigh-in I had lost a total of 50 lbs, 5 inches off my chest, 6 inches off my waist. I'm really excited. I'll start some more solid foods in a few days. Next fill is Feb 9.

Thanks to all of you for your support. It has been a great help to me.

Terry

hello, my name is john...im new to lapbandtalk....i usually hang around the obesityhelp website and thought i would look around here! ive lost 76 lbs so far and doing great!

Today is the big day for "Pizzaman", give em hell and let us know how your doin'. John says there's good lookin nurses when ya wake up . . . . . ??? Maybe somethin to look forward to!

I'm back! Got out of the hospital yesterday and am as sore as hell. They put the "new" Johnson & Johnson band in me and I have six incision sites. Even though I have been through surgery before, I'm not having as easy a time as some posters. Thanks for you good wishes.

Good looking nurses? Forget it! I had a witch with an attitude!

Glad to see all went well Pizzaman. I was really sore the first three days. It was in the middle of a snowstorm and I couldn't get out to walk. Walking does help to get rid of the gas pain. I had 5 stab wounds. For me the worst was over in three days and after five days I was ok. Hang in there, it is all worth it.

Terry

Pizzaman, hope everything is alright considering the discomfort & pain. My Doc said he was switching to the "new" band that was wider and the "inside balloon" goes all the way around instead of leaving the gap.

Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck with the nurse, we could blame it on John, he's the one that said there would be a good lookin nurse!;) Hope she doesnt have any sister's in the KC area!

Everybody keep posting, I dont want to talk myself out of this!

Hi Bhamguy31, Congatulations!

I was banded on the 7th,feeling much better every day,it is tough the first few days trying to get used the liquids stage(it aint easy) What have you been able to eat at this stage? I know every doctor is a little different as far as what he says is ok.I mostly can have yogurt,CIB, and some creamy Soups and a ton of Water, looking forward to the mushie stage already.Anyway good luck.

I have to watch the Patriots kick ass - i hope:)

Paul from Boston

weight.png

Paul From Boston,

"CIB" What is it, Carnation Instant Breakfast? ?? Didnt know for sure, headed out to buy what I need for the pre-op diet and afterward's. Wanting to "try" different thing's now so I know if I can stomach them later.

Any suggestion's anyone???

Hi there, my name is Jim and I reside in Mesa, Arizona. I am scheduled for my banding on Jan.18th down in Hermosillo, Mexico with Dr. Ungson. I am on day 1 of my liquids only diet and it truly does suck. Anyways, just wanted to say hello and thanks for this forum!

Jim

cyrus / Jim,

Congrad's on gettin this far, I'm startin my liquid diet Jan. 22nd and cant say I'm lookin forward to it either for the same reason! I'm really having second thought's about doing it here close to home (KC) cuz for what I'm paying out of pocket, I could of gotten me and someone else done in TJ Mexico . . . . . . .

Dont want to turn back now so we'll charge on. Good luck and keep posting, let us know how your doin. I've found ALOT of usefull info here in the "Men's Room". Glad to of found it.

For all you future banders, it's been four days since my surgery. The pain has diminished quite a bit, but I get frequent headaches despite taking Tylenol. The doctor's office thought it may be because I'm not taking in enough fluids - I'm not - I'm taking in 40 ounces instead of 64.

Even though I watched some food Network shows, I only get brief hunger pangs that quickly go away. I have too much invested into this whole thing to blow it by cheating.

Pizzaman - when they keep pushing you to get your 64 ounces of Fluid, they're not kidding. If you don't do anything else, you MUST get your fluids and Protein in.

Sandy, I've been very good about getting my Protein in, but it's been a struggle to drink that much Water. I feel like I'm gonna explode!

I hear you. I also get bored with water sometimes. Diet Snapple and Crystal Light have become my friends. I find it much easier to get my 64 ounces in that way. I have to admit the days I have the least trouble is when I exercise, which makes sense, I guess.

Pizzaman:

Damn...what can I say about the nurse? Just keep working on the fluids, I felt like my stomach was full of foam for a few days...and sipping the Water a bit at a time seemed to displace it. Carried a soda can around like a spitoon for a few days. Kinda gross to others, but the heck with them...this is about you.

Keep going! The liquid stage will pass. You'll be surprised how much you lose and then when you get to the mushy food, chew the hell out of it and you'll be surprised at how much flavor there is that way. What really surprised me was that post op for a long time, and still occasionally, driving by a fast food place or in a grocery with a deli, the smell would make me queasy...and NOTHING has ever done that.

One thing you might want to look for is something called "Natural Lemon" or Natural Lime." Probably around the baking items or Splenda. It's pure dehydrated lemon or lime juice in powder form. I add just a tiny bit to water and nothing else and it makes it seem more refreshing. Or you can add a touch of Splenda also for lime or lemonade. When you get to the food stages, it's great also. A bottle equals about 40 lemons.

thanks john for the info on the lemon and lime powder. i will put that opne in my book for when i get my band done.