Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Just Us Guys

Hi:

Banded in March 07. Weight at first consultation 312. Weight now 270. 6 foot 3 inches. Feel great. Going in for the first fill Monday. Have experienced less restriction over the past several weeks and hope the fill helps. Now for my question. I have just recently started losing gobs of hair. I am eating in excess of 100 grams of Protein daily. What is causing this and has it happened to others and if so what can be done about it.

Hi Tidefan.....Who in Denver does this? I am thinking about going to Detroit to have it done for $11,700.00. It cost over $16,000.00 in Little Rock.

As a followup to the airport security comment earlier, this morning I passed through Indy International (hah!) airport. No issues with the port setting it off this time. Maybe the DFW scanner was more sensitive?

I added lots of miles this weekend to my exercise total. I was at the USGP and it was a LONG walk from the parking lot to our seats :)

Hey guys - Sunday was my offical first day of the 10 day complete liquid diet. So far so good.

On a different note I am curious to find out how many people have applied for life insurance and have been accepted of denied. I am refering to any policy other than group policies that your company may offer). Term or whole life. I started the process 6 months ago and have been denied by 8 vendors. All have said build (weight) was the issue although one said because it was because i was a smoker (which I am not nor have I ever). Even though the risk of dying in surgery is small I wanted to protect my wife and son in the unfortunate event that something did happen. So this last attempt I had was a 99.9999% guarentee that they would accept me because this company is the last ditch resort for people who cannot get insurance elsewhere. By this time my medical records have been updated with all my preop work and it is plastered all over the place that I am scheduled for surgery next week. I got a call from my agent saying that this company will only cover me starting the day after my surgery. How f'ed up is that? One would think that they would clearly see I am trying to take control of my life and ultimately they would not have to pay out the policy for health related issues. I am so fed up with these companies that rake in billions of dollars in profits a year and then deny people coverage when what they are there for is to provide security for those who pay for it. What a crock!!!! Sorry for the rant but I am just pissed

Hey guys whats the deal - No one post here anymore?

I am on day 4 of the 10 day liquid diet. I have been exercising and drinking my meals to the tune of 10.5lbs of weight loss!!!!!! The other 6 came from before i started the liquids. I hope to lose the remaining 10 lbs so i can be under 300 going under the knife. Hope everyone is doing well. Keep posting guys

PS anyone know how to post two editable tickers- I can post 2 but can never edit the second?

Exercise update - 5.7 miles to go to reach 40 miles this month

I am curious how many of you have experienced Hair loss. I have not been banded but really would like to know if this is a general problem.

Thanks!

I am curious how many of you have experienced Hair loss. I have not been banded but really would like to know if this is a general problem.

Thanks!

I cannot say from experience yet but from what my nutritionist said - lack of protien will cause you to lose hair quickly. She recomended 60 grams of protien a day spread out over 3 meals to ensure that i don't lose what hair i hvae left.

good luck

Ok broithers, here is a question. Has anyone had very good success and think about negotiating the price of you fills with your Doc in exchange for Speaking engagements at the Doc's informational seminars? I am thinking that if I document everything well, with pics etc. I am a sexy guy, why not go to my doc after and say, Hey, I'll come speak once a month and help get you new clients if you hook a brother up with some free or cheap fills.

Why the heck not. My Doc doesn't accept insurance and I did hear the admin staff about his partner and how he was always pressing form them to get better educated to sell the services better. I can be pretty damn charming at times and a heartfelt TRUE success stroy could hook them up with some clients. I figure 1-2 new clients a year should equate into free fills for a year!

Just a thought. Win Win situation! I think. It's not a paid endorsement, just discounted or free service.

Does that make me a bad person. FYI his session was OK but not great. I do corporate presentations and sales for a living. I would knock em dead with a 30 min slide show and story!

Just a thought. Anyone try it?

Hey guys just checking in ! Been doing pretty good so far with the weight loss. I had my 1st fill the other day of 2 cc's and will say its definitely not enough so going to call to get another fill sooner. Well hope everyone is loosing well !

Chris

I'm not doing any exercise at all right now. I plan to in the future (maybe in 2-3 months), but I first want to get my nutrition down exactly to something I can follow for life.

So far I've found lots of good foods to eat and have been keeping my food intake clean. I've started taking a Multi-Vitamin each day and also L-glutamine. When I start working out, I intend to start buying Nitrean for Protein Shakes.< /p>

Start weight was about 378 I believe. Currently at 315. Losing about 3-5 pounds a week ever since I started eating healthier. I've had one fill since my surgery, and I think on my next visit after July 4th I'm going to ask they take some/all of it out so I can eat more healthy food. This getting full off half a slice of bread is ridiculous.

Ok here is a non related subject. What do ya'll think about the upcoming Football season. Weather it be pros or college. I live in Dallas, so Im a die hard Cowboys fan, but my college teams is from the North. GO BLUE !! the jugernaut that is The University of Michigan.

p.s. Longhorns SUCK !!!

Ok here is a non related subject. What do ya'll think about the upcoming Football season. Weather it be pros or college. I live in Dallas, so Im a die hard Cowboys fan, but my college teams is from the North. GO BLUE !! the jugernaut that is The University of Michigan.

p.s. Longhorns SUCK !!!

This is all I have to say about the Cowboys LOL :P:mad:

GO GIANTS ! :clap2:

I'm having a lap band in January of 08 because my insurance requires a 6 months prior supervised weight loss thing. I'm kinda worried about taking the time off from work. I work for a large US corp and the HR dept requires doctor's notes for literally everything under the sun. I may just take a week of vacation time and bypass the HR BS. I'm 35 and I haven't been thin in several years. I can't wait but I know i'll miss my diet Pepsi (kidding of course?).

I can still drink soda if I wanted to. Early on though, it's not a good idea while you're healing.

After you've settled in though, should be fine. Follow your doctor's orders of course, but I can drink it just fine.

At the same time, I have no desire to drink pop any more. Water works out just fine for me. Sometimes I'll have tea with Splenda, or some Gatorade if I need to rehydrate quickly. Mostly water though.