Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best and worst "compliments"

Sandisleeve good point. I smile... Shaking my head at the negativity.. And move on...all she knows..is that I just lost the weight suddenly.. It's been since June.. But I don't have nothing to prove to anyone.

The best compliments come from my 5 year old nephew.. He told me the other day "nini you look so beautiful today, I love your boots! You smell really good too!" Then when I dropped him off at school he gave me a big kiss and hug then told his teacher "doesn't nini look beautiful!?" I just smiled at his teacher and chuckled then as he was running to the playground he yelled out " nini! I love you!" So I yelled back at him that I loved him too. So many kids don't want to be bothered with kisses and hugs but he doesn't care what people think and it's adorable!

Another compliment that was actually funny was at work when a customer was asking me. To speak to me... I smiled and said yeah that's me! Then had to show him my tattoo on my arm! He is an older gentleman and he said oh my goodness gracious I didn't even recognize you you look terrific congratulations!!

I haven't run into negative people yet but it could be that I avoid negative people like the plague, and I always have.

The best compliments come from my 5 year old nephew.. He told me the other day "nini you look so beautiful today, I love your boots! You smell really good too!" Then when I dropped him off at school he gave me a big kiss and hug then told his teacher "doesn't nini look beautiful!?" I just smiled at his teacher and chuckled then as he was running to the playground he yelled out " nini! I love you!"

You totally win.

@italian-girl ... So sweet of your young nephew. I have an 8 yr old niece that I adore and who is also one of my favorite people on the planet .... She continuously encourages me to stretch & exercise on the floor with her when she visits and says she loves me no matter how I look

I had a coworker tell me to be careful and not lose weight to quickly the other day. I'm only 3 weeks out.

@italian-girl ... So sweet of your young nephew. I have an 8 yr old niece that I adore and who is also one of my favorite people on the planet .... She continuously encourages me to stretch & exercise on the floor with her when she visits and says she loves me no matter how I look

Yeah my mom traumatized my poor nephew when I had surgery she just said the dr curt off nini's stomach and he cried when he came to see me at home and said " nini I loved you whole!" I had to show him my incisions and explain they only has to cut tiny areas to make nini's tummy feel better. His sister who is 3 saw them and said " nini did a shark bite your tummy?!? I'm gonna beat them up!!" If it didn't hurt to laugh I would have. I had only been home for about 4 hours from the hospital..

Family has always been my love in life.. My nephews and nieces make my life amazing.

I had a coworker i really don't care for say congratulations the other day. I stopped and said "excuse me?" Kind not not really hearing him at first. Then he kept on his theme "congratulations. You...uuhhhh...". I made him squirm for a minute then just thanked him and moved on.

And if the daycare lady hollers out at me one more time, "the incredible shrinking woman!", I might just pop her one.

Lets all share our best and worst well meaning compliments about our weight loss.

My best was after returning to work after summer break: where'd you go this summer?! I mean where'd you go? Half of you is gone!

Oddest (considering it came from my mother in law): look at you! You're nothing but boobs!

Rudest: wow you lost all that weight and it found me. (Yes I am now responsible for others weight gain)

But the nicest compliments are the simple, you look great! I know they mean my weight loss and I appreciate the subtlety.

What are yours?

A lot of the time, I forget that I've even lost weight until someone I haven't seen in a while says, "Wow Kay! How much weight have you lost??" or "You look great!" I act exactly the same as I always have except I'm skinnier. My patients tell me more often now that I don't look old enough to be a nurse lol So I guess I look younger too!

Don't you just really want to "ignore the nasty people" that would not even talk to you before you lost weight, then all of a sudden the compliments come, and you know in your heart they are just being NOSEY!!!!

JUST keep on smiling, Be positive, because they are so freaking jealous they cannot stand it, they want to find fault with what YOU are doing to bring the ATTENTION OFF of THEM!. Do what the DR tells you, and HOLD THAT HEAD HIGH, and just SMILE REAL BIG when you walk past them!!!! They are the ones suffering, but want to blame US. ROCK THAT SLEEVE!!!!! :D:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't you just really want to "ignore the nasty people" that would not even talk to you before you lost weight' date=' then all of a sudden the compliments come, and you know in your heart they are just being NOSEY!!!!

JUST keep on smiling, Be positive, because they are so freaking jealous they cannot stand it, they want to find fault with what YOU are doing to bring the ATTENTION OFF of THEM!. Do what the DR tells you, and HOLD THAT HEAD HIGH, and just SMILE REAL BIG when you walk past them!!!! They are the ones suffering, but want to blame US. ROCK THAT SLEEVE!!!!! :D:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote']

WOW - you literally just spelled out my philosophy of life in your response .... Misery loves company essentially. I already anticipate the persons in my office who will kill me with kindness only to "get the real scoop" on how I lost the weight

I am 2 wks post op and I was talking about wanting to be a size 6 or in the 130's to my sister in law. She tells me that is too small for me and don't think I would look good. It just pissed me off. I'm 5'2" and currently 223. I'm pretty sure this would be an ok size for me. I'm sure she wouldn't like it if I told her her sz 4x is too big!

I take care if a little girl who is almost 12. I've been with then since the day she was born. I decided it was time to tell her about the surgery. She said, "....but WHY? You're not THAT overweight!".

I'm 5'4 and 305! Lol.

Almost made me cry. She really just sees me and not my size! Love her, that was so sweet!

the worst is from one of my customers' date=' an old Korean lady.."oh, you lose weight, you not so fat like before.. before you was SOOOOOOOOOOO FAAAAAAAT" (complete with hand gestures to illustrate exactly how fat I was. The best was from my Aunt who is extremely weight conscious. I figured she wouldn't even say anything since I'm still 244 pounds which is unthinkable in her book.. But she absolutely gushed about how great I look and she said that if I continued to lose weight that would be great, but even if I never lost another pound I look fantastic.. then I proceeded to get phone calls from my cousins who called me because my aunt had gone straight home and called them and gushed about how "thin" I was and how great I looked.[/quote']

I'm sorry but this is funny if u read in a Korean ascent. I can totally visualize this!

I take care if a little girl who is almost 12. I've been with then since the day she was born. I decided it was time to tell her about the surgery. She said' date=' "....but WHY? You're not THAT overweight!".

I'm 5'4 and 305! Lol.

Almost made me cry. She really just sees me and not my size! Love her, that was so sweet![/quote']

Kids can be so sweet in their innocence. I love it.