Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best and worst "compliments"

keep rocking those sleeves and CONGRATS to all, the best compliments come from within us. Today I looked in the mirror and thought OH MY I need to GAIN some weight!!!!. I am hanging at 125, but I am 5' 4" so that may be NORMAL, but I am not yet used to it!!!!

I have heard a lot of compliments some off the wall. Some want to know my secret, so I tell others, some I don't. But I consider who it is coming from. :-) Have a great day all!

The cute guy in my local shop said 'Wow! You look amazing!' as I walked in. The man in the queue next to me said 'He didn't say that to me when I came in!'

I am a mail carrier and when I go in one of my business go deliver the mail everyone says hi thin mint! I love it!

Go vols! Hee hee!

Pre sleever here so I can not say anything about the compliments YET, but the rude ones are plenty...

One of the worst was when a homeless man came after me in the parking lot and asked me for some money. So I turned around while getting money out of my wallett and suddenly he said "Oh I am sorry, I did not see you are pregnant, I can not take money from a pregnant lady!" Oh he made me mad, I threw the money at him! lol (That was rather rude of me...:/) Poor soul he just wanted to be nice but he made me feel horrible. This happened a few yeaars ago and now I am even bigger that back then. I can not wait to be sleeved in January and start my journey of "healing".

Someone at work asked me if I was expecting and I believe in my heart she was just intentionally being rude despite the fact that she is morbidly obese as well ... I've gained 60 pounds after a 92 pound loss over the past 2 years so its noticeable ... She was the one who always complimented me on my weightloss 2 years ago

This woman also knows I'm not married or have a boyfriend

I'm pre op by the way -- awaiting approval from my insurance company for VSG

Someone at work asked me if I was expecting and I believe in my heart she was just intentionally being rude despite the fact that she is morbidly obese as well ... I've gained 60 pounds after a 92 pound loss over the past 2 years so its noticeable ... She was the one who always complimented me on my weightloss 2 years ago

What a major B**ch!

Indeed she is -- and I never comment on her continuous weight gain

She is vile! Do not let her pull you down! Chin up girl, soon your new life will start!:)

Best compliment was from my daughter just yesterday. I bought a new outfit (size 18 which I haven't worn for YEARS!!). I tried it on at home & my young skinny daugter who is truly my best cheerleader said - "Wow, it they have that it my size, I would totally wear that outfit." Wow - this is huge coming from her!! You can't see me but I'm still doing the... "I'm wearing something my daughter would wear - DANCE"

I had a annoying compliment from a old co-worker. She ask "are you losing weight". My reply "yes". Co-worker "how much have you lost"? My reply "not sure. I'm not a slave to the scale". Co-worker " well don't lose to much weight". My reply in my head" what the $&$&? Coworker probably morbidly obese. Myself morbidly obese. Weighed 347.5 start of the journey on 6/22/13, sleeved 7/10. Now 290. I have a lot of weight to lose. Why can't people be happy for you. I have secretly been jealous of others losing weight but would never tell them to not lose weight. I have told them Congrats.. And secretly wish it was me.

I like all the compliments and I do not personalize it if people who are not close to me might not say it exactly as someone who I have a relationship with. I do not allow others to step on my joy as I have made changes in my health because of my weight loss. If others think I look better then before so be it, I know I look better than before. I look like the person I was before I let food control my life and destroy my health!

I think some people just want to see you fail or be as miserable as they are in life so whatever they see you struggle with is an opportunity for them to highlight some weakness or laziness in you to bring your confidence down.. It kills me when a lot of times the negative comments come from those who have weight issues as well along with a host of other personal problems

Misery loves company I guess

I'm admired by folks who are committed To healthier lifestyles in all arenas not just weight ... If you struggle I simply try to encourage and pray but never become condescending or bring light to a weakness that can make someone feel bad ....I thought we learned that in kindergarten but I guess ppl just don't care

I use the negativity to keep me better focused on me not the vindictive person cause they typically have no goals set out for themselves otherwise they wouldn't use their energy to bring others down

To those who ask about the number of pounds lost I think they just want to be nosy and assume that you did something unnatural and unsustainable if the weightloss is significant .. Say over 40+ pounds or so