Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best and worst "compliments"

That is truly the kindest thing I've read! What an amazing group of people to be surrounded by every day! It says a lot about you that they care' date=' too.[/quote']

The fact that I got slightly choked up over it at the time is known around the office as "a highly emotional event" which is strictly forbidden in a battle hardened Infantry battalion. But I couldn't help it. They only like me cause I acquired 1000 cases of Girl Scout cookie for them that randomly one weekend during my first year there...lol. But in all seriousness, these guys are great and I am the fortunate one to be working with them.

the worst is from one of my customers' date=' an old Korean lady.."oh, you lose weight, you not so fat like before.. before you was SOOOOOOOOOOO FAAAAAAAT" (complete with hand gestures to illustrate exactly how fat I was.

The best was from my Aunt who is extremely weight conscious. I figured she wouldn't even say anything since I'm still 244 pounds which is unthinkable in her book.. But she absolutely gushed about how great I look and she said that if I continued to lose weight that would be great, but even if I never lost another pound I look fantastic.. then I proceeded to get phone calls from my cousins who called me because my aunt had gone straight home and called them and gushed about how "thin" I was and how great I looked.[/quote']

Is it wrong that my husband and I both LOL'ed at the Korean lady's comments? :)

Glad to hear your Aunt was so nice about what you've already accomplished.

I think it a cultural thing, when I went to Australia a Korean person wanted to take a picture with me because I was so fat, I can't wait to have my surgery.

Some of the worst:

Less than a week after surgery: "I thought you had weight loss surgery?" While eying still fat me.

Few months after: "how much have you lost. How much do you weigh now. You better stop before you weigh less than me."

Eight months post-op: "you look terrible. All that extra skin just hangs. That's why I would never get weight loss surgery! "

Some of the best:

"I didn't recognize you!"

"You look great!"

"I'm so proud of you!"

Lynda

the worst is from one of my customers, an old Korean lady.."oh, you lose weight, you not so fat like before.. before you was SOOOOOOOOOOO FAAAAAAAT" (complete with hand gestures to illustrate exactly how fat I was.

The best was from my Aunt who is extremely weight conscious. I figured she wouldn't even say anything since I'm still 244 pounds which is unthinkable in her book.. But she absolutely gushed about how great I look and she said that if I continued to lose weight that would be great, but even if I never lost another pound I look fantastic.. then I proceeded to get phone calls from my cousins who called me because my aunt had gone straight home and called them and gushed about how "thin" I was and how great I looked.

I agree that it's cultural, not that it makes it better. My husband, who is not fat at all, went to get his pants altered. The Korean woman who was doing it patted him on the belly and said, "You get fatter, your pants get shorter. You need to stop eating the Cookies." I would have DIED.

Ugh I remember when I was 22 and getting IDed for alcohol at a gas station and when the guys saw my picture (from when I was 17) he said "oh wow you've gotten really fat! this doesnt even look like you!" i wanted to die! But like you guys said, I guess it's a cultural thing.

Ugh I remember when I was 22 and getting IDed for alcohol at a gas station and when the guys saw my picture (from when I was 17) he said "oh wow you've gotten really fat! this doesnt even look like you!" i wanted to die! But like you guys said' date=' I guess it's a cultural thing.[/quote']

Oh my gosh! Speechless! This guy once checked my id and goes is this really you? You were hot! I'm like yes it is now give me my card back. Some people just have no filter. Maybe he thought I'd be flattered that back in 1997 I was once hot. Umm no. But I'll get there again! Then I will be the first one to ditch my horrible photo taken at 298 pounds!

Some of the worst:

Less than a week after surgery: "I thought you had weight loss surgery?" While eying still fat me.

Few months after: "how much have you lost. How much do you weigh now. You better stop before you weigh less than me."

Eight months post-op: "you look terrible. All that extra skin just hangs. That's why I would never get weight loss surgery! "

Some of the best:

"I didn't recognize you!"

"You look great!"

"I'm so proud of you!"

Lynda

On my, I think the one about the extra skin is so out of line. And expecting to be skinny after one week! I didn't tell anyone about this surgery except my direct family bc I didn't want to be scrutinized.

The extra compliments are nice though. This guy at work told me you look a lot better now. Lol I know he meant it nicely and that is how I took it.

Best compliment: wow you look amazing, I have been following you on FB as you workout

Worst: best friend says I think you are misleading people by not telling them you had surgery

My response: no one knows except my kids, my husband and my 2 best friends...my medical doctor told me its no one's

business and just keep telling them you've made a lifestyle change.

I'm excited about my 50 lb loss and I'm not letting anyone steal my joy!

Best compliment: wow you look amazing' date=' I have been following you on FB as you workout

Worst: best friend says I think you are misleading people by not telling them you had surgery

My response: no one knows except my kids, my husband and my 2 best friends...my medical doctor told me its no one's

I'm excited about my 50 lb loss and I'm not letting anyone steal my joy![/quote']

I agree with friend .. I'm sorry you don't have to tell but if ppl think that's exercise git you this far yes it is misleading to ppl that you inspire because no one can get the result we have in that shirt amount if time .. I don't think she's being mean just telling you the truth

I agree with friend .. I'm sorry you don't have to tell but if ppl think that's exercise git you this far yes it is misleading to ppl that you inspire because no one can get the result we have in that shirt amount if time .. I don't think she's being mean just telling you the truth

I once follow a girl who inspired me I met on here then she started to become and expert and tell ppl hard work diet and exercise got get this far yes and no because ppl who don't have there stomach remove can do all those things and not be where we are I kno because I failed at that before surgery

Best compliment: wow you look amazing, I have been following you on FB as you workout

I'm excited about my 50 lb loss and I'm not letting anyone steal my joy!

You go, girl!! Your friend sounds a bit green-eyed to me and not much like a friend at all! You don't owe an explanation to ANYONE. Your business is YOUR business and your decision to have surgery was a very personal one.

Congratulations on your 50 pounds lost! You are doing an amazing job!

You are absolutely wrong. I once lost 80 pounds in three months on WWs and exercise and I kept it off for a year. I was eating micro amounts and going to the gym twice a day. There was no way I could maintain that pace (and the hubby knocked me up) but I did do it and I lost a lot faster than I am with the sleeve.

It is not my job or hers (or yours for that matter!) to "inspire" anyone. If it happens, awesome! I would love to think that I could help someone else get healthy but it's not my duty. It's up to each individual to find inspiration in his or herself. I am no more responsible for anyone's weight loss than I am for anyone's weight gain. (Except maybe my husband because he keeps finishing my leftovers.)

I am utilizing a tool that is available to anyone. Even with this tool, I track every bite that goes into my body. I exercise at least an hour a day. I wear a pedometer so I can make sure to get in my steps each day. I make great food choices that meet my nutritional needs and that will help me hit my weight loss goals. Most importantly, I have dropped the excuses and THAT is where I will win.

My worst un-compliment at my age that is so hard to hear is " wow your weight loss sure makes your wrinkles show more" It would be nice just to hear " wow you are looking healthier these days".

Wow my opinion I did asked if you agreed so it is what it is

You go' date=' girl!! Your friend sounds a bit green-eyed to me and not much like a friend at all! You don't owe an explanation to ANYONE. Your business is YOUR business and your decision to have surgery was a very personal one.

Congratulations on your 50 pounds lost! You are doing an amazing job!

You are absolutely wrong. I once lost 80 pounds in three months on WWs and exercise and I kept it off for a year. I was eating micro amounts and going to the gym twice a day. There was no way I could maintain that pace (and the hubby knocked me up) but I did do it and I lost a lot faster than I am with the sleeve.

It is not my job or hers (or yours for that matter!) to "inspire" anyone. If it happens, awesome! I would love to think that I could help someone else get healthy but it's not my duty. It's up to each individual to find inspiration in his or herself. I am no more responsible for anyone's weight loss than I am for anyone's weight gain. (Except maybe my husband because he keeps finishing my leftovers.)

I am utilizing a tool that is available to anyone. Even with this tool, I track every bite that goes into my body. I exercise at least an hour a day. I wear a pedometer so I can make sure to get in my steps each day. I make great food choices that meet my nutritional needs and that will help me hit my weight loss goals. Most importantly, I have dropped the excuses and THAT is where I will win.[/quote']

My opinion like are don't like it .. It is what it is I'm at goal matter fact 6 pounds under at 7 months 100 that in 5 months 14 pounds away from normal Bmi I don't care what you track we could not have done it with out the sleeve I'm not saying it not possible to loss that much what with out it I'm saying in the time frame we loose it .. But to each its own I just think friend was being honest ..