Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Those pics are sooo cool Kim! You remind me a lecturer from uni, she was super cool too - I loved her!

We don't do Thanks Giving in the UK - but I have been thinking of you all over the pond.

Been off work for two days, my hip/groin has gone again only this time on the right side... burning hot pain for two days... I can walk on it better today which is just as well as Steve is back in work as I have to take my daughter to work, which means driving. Hopefully the weekend of light walking and some more rest will help it heal... I need to get back to work. Speaking of work, it has been crazy bonkers there at the moment... each year it gets more intense! Feeling a lot of stress and pressure at the moment... I know it will get better as the school year progress but living through it is hard at times.

on the 5:2 front it has been up and down for me... recently I started gaining and got to 162 - which nearly brought me to tears, even though I said the scales wouldn't effect me they did. It is weird cos my clothes are still fitting as they did... not sure what is going on with my body at the moment. Hot flushes and sweats are back and they make me soooo cranky and tired. Honestly after a bad one I feel like I've run a marathon!

The scale was back to 159 this morning which is my top end bounce - don't like that figure but it is better than 161! I think when it comes to 5:2 I need to abstain from food for the day... I did this before and it worked better for me, or at least skip lunch and have a light tea. When I attempt to do fast day and split it I end up eating too much at tea time... so although I am not doing a fast day at 500 cals, I am doing several low cal days per week and generally sticking to 16:8.

I will keep plugging along though.

With regards to newbies in the group... I am cool either way.

Denise, I hope your back is better and that you aren't in too much pain now.

I do pop on most days... not always ready to reply... but I do think of all you lovely ladies.

Hugs from across the pond my friends - and hugs up to the road to Cathy!!

Oh ladies... I have been doing the 5:2, but the scales are up anyway.... grazing on leftovers doesn't help... they will be out of the house by the end of the day... really. can't wait to fast tomorrow... heaven help me! Anyway, spotty exercise... except for the bike ride..... Hubby been sick and sleeping on the couch right now... poor fella, Thanksgiving is not for the faint of heart! I have been getting more painting in after a really long creative block.... that feels good and a good sign generally I think. I have had some depression on and off too, but keeping my chin up most of the time. Friends coming in from New Zealand the week after next, and will take some days off for that which will be nice. She is a jewelry maker and is making me something special right now.... such a nice thing that she is doing! One of her favorite things is eating out... so  more temptation in a time of temptation. Well, thats holiday season for you... one day at a time I guess. Love you all! Enjoy life and take care!

Florinda.... where are you girl? Hope you are doing well. Check in and say hi....

Went to "christmas story" the musical on Saturday night. I had bought 4 tickets - for me, my two son's and oldest son's long term girlfriend. well, they broke up and oldest spend the weekend in portland so it was me, my youngest son, one of my girlpals and Kevin. Yes, bold move, Kevin met one of the kiddos.

We had a great time. It was a very well done musical at the beautiful 5th Avenue theater.

I had some ups and downs, my weight is up but still under goal. Have had a bit of emotions over some stuff which I am recognizing as "unexamined inner life" or feelings things. It is all good though.

Things are going great with Kevin. We are a bit smitten with each other which is fun... but i am starting to have that ...gulp... feeling like "don't get too attached". I have been thinking about why I feel that way and realize that was such a huge appeal of my friend Steven. He never wanted a damn thing from me, and when you start moving into relationship mode with normal people... they expect and want things from you. I have spent a lifetime giving and doing things for other people and it is something I gravitate to and want to do, but i think I have a certain fear about it too. Like "here we go again". BTW, Kevin is a very reasonable person - I just mean he like wants to spend time with me, meet my people - you know normal stuff. :) He wants to find someone to love; like most of us. It scares me alittle because going out and having fun is one thing.... but this relationship stuff has been crushing to me in the past. I don't love quickly and I surely don't let go easily so getting enmeshed emotionally is something I have some hesitation about.

Oh, and just for funs I went to a comedy competition with Theo on Friday. We were in contact a few weeks ago - just as buddies since we really did enjoy time together even though we are NOT dating. OMG, we laughed, laughed, laughed. It was like laugh therapy. One thing I can say about Theo is he really is good at picking out fun stuff to do!

Sheryl, have you talked to Kevin about these feelings? If so, what does he say about it?

Sorry I have been MIA for awhile. I can't remember when I posted last. About a week ago, they found out I was Septic. I have had to go to the hospital twice a day for antibiotic infusions. I"m just glad that today, I feel more normal than I have in awhile. Today is the 7th day I've gone to the hospital for infusions. I am hoping tonight's will be the last one. 

I know we were talking about inviting some new people in. I can't remember her screen name but I always thought her name was Linda.I just don't have the energy to keep looking back to see who else we were thinking of inviting in.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! My computer has been broken too, so I wasn't able to get in here even when I had a period when I wasn't feeling horrible. I am taking it to a shop tomorrow. A friend came over and got it going today, but I know that there's more wrong with it. 

I hope all is well with everyone!

Denise, hope that your antibiotic treatment is now complete and that you are feeling more 'normal'. Besides the sepsis has your operation worked and given you the relief you hoped for?

We had the funeral yesterday and it did turn out to be a real celebration of her life with 'family and faith' being the main attributes.

Sarah are you pleased with your plastics? I would like to start a Tummy Tuck fund but it would take a while as surgery here in UK is expensive.

The house is nice and empty now and today I was off work so did very little today except lots of washing. The fridge is nearly empty and I am trying not to put too much back in it for the next 3 weeks. In this way I hope to get back to a good couple of 5:2 weeks.

Hope everyone is OK

Hello All!

I think I am finally back to normal. My daughter told me that I was talking and not making any sense for a few days. over 102 for an adult it a pretty high fever , I guess. My back pain is finally much better and I just need to get more stamina now. I get so tired so easily.

Who else would anyone suggest if we want to ask 3 new people into our group? I am fine with asking Queen of Crop since everyone else seems to like her a lot. I was just afraid since she is a blogger, of what that would mean to our group. Plus that was during the period when my daughter told me I wasn't making sense. I was having irrational fears.

I'm not out and about the board much , besides in here, to know any of the other posters whom you feel would be a good fit in here. Let me know, and I will invite 3 new people in. We already have decided on 2, so if anyone has a recommendation for a 3rd, please post and include why you think they would be a good fit for us. Lisa's Hope had asked to join awhile back.

Glad you are feeling better! When you mentioned septic I was very worried - glad to hear you are feeling better.

I usually always say yes to everyone being part of the group - Lisa's Hope was a member of this group but did not come around much - think she may have only posted a few times. She and I had our surgeries on the same day and we became Facebook friends. I know she has been through a tremendous amount of heartbreak recently - she lost her husband to an aggressive form of cancer. I feel immense compassion for her and what she has had to go through - that being said, her posts on FB caused me to eventually unfriend her. 

We all have a right to our own opinions and beliefs - but I found many of the things she posted on social media to be extremely offensive and at odds with my own beliefs. She is a very right-wing, conservative, deeply born-again christian type who finally posted one too many anti-democrat, "Obama is the anti-christ" memes and frankly I was sick of looking at this simple minded pap in my feed.

I'll just say this - please delete this thread if she is invited - or I guess I too will join the ranks of those called heathen lol.

Edited by Chimera

I have to agree about Lisashope.... I do care for her, and she could use extra support... but I fear it would end up being only about her... for good reason, but I don't want to invite that in, and the right wing rants thing would get on my nerve too. We are of different political and spiritual persuasions here, but we have found the respect of friends that keeps things smooth and lovely. I do want to hear from Florinda about all this.. she may be against adding anyone else..... Queen and Isereno are fine with me.

Let's admit Lynda and just look for future people as they come along. I do not support Lisa joining. I am trying to be supportive but she is hostile to most input frankly.

I agree with Shery's practical approach -- Lynda only for now, and let's see how it goes. This is a safe space and we have reason to be cautious!!

Denise, SOOOO glad you are feeling better!! I had fever of 104-105 a few years back cos of salmonella poisoning, very dangerous levels for an adult and makes you a bit 'not yourself' to say the least. I hope your infection is all at bay now!!

They reckon it doesn't rain but it pours well for me that is literal today. I came home from work and found Water pouring from the ceiling. We got an emergency plumber and in the end had to break through the ceiling yo find the problem. It was a small plastic joint that had failed. We think we will need a new ceiling, new carpet, decorating throughout and new sofas. The room was only completed 2 months ago! It's a good job it didn't happen at the weekend when we had 10 people here. Anyway it's only things no one died.post-127909-14176492864735_thumb.jpg

post-127909-14176492441121_thumb.jpg

Oh Cathy! I had a ceiling cave in once from a Water leak... what a mess that was! No fun!

Oh Cathy, I am so sorry to hear this! I hope you have insurance that will take care of all of this.

See, I depend on you guys to let me know who we should invite in. I don't know Lisa at all . I only read one post where she said he husband had just died, and I really felt bad, remembering when my husband died. I want to start getting around the board more, instead of only posting in here. If I do have extra time, I go to the vets board or the girls room. I never go to ques. and answers because I feel like there are enough people on this board that like to answer questions.

When I first joined this board, there were very few members. The sleeve had just barely started becoming popular.

Wonder what is up with everyone we haven't heard from in awhile. I wonder if they have completely given up on the board, or just on us :)

Oh no Cathy! I am so sorry about the leak - what a nightmare. And glad that no one was hurt! 

One salon I used to own downtown had section 8 housing above us -  in an old building from the turn of the century. I guess some sleepy junkie went to have a swim in his tub and forgot to turn the Water off - a huge chunk of plaster about 4 feet across crashed down between hairdressers - it was crazy - again no one hurt thank goodness, but what a mess.