Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Florinda.... I am LOVING the profile pic!!!! So, glad you like the bits and bobs... glad you rec'd them all in one piece! Each time you have a 'brew' think of me...lol xx

I have had a reply from Alex and he confirms that our group is still private, even on the new app.

Ok, I gotta know...who is Robbie?

'Williams?'

Yes! Robbie Williams - the other love of my life...lol.. British singer and basically the sexiest man ever! lol

Ahhhh, I'll have to check him out!

Sheryl, please tell me again what you take for acid. Ik you've posted it bf but I can't find it with this app acting up.

fast day for me today... I am gonna smash it! =]

I So far take nothing for acid. First few months post op took proselec to prevent issues. . But knock on wood. .haven't needed since.

I So far take nothing for acid. First few months post op took proselec to prevent issues. . But knock on wood. .haven't needed since.

Ok, thanks. I thought I read somewhere you took something natural but I guess I'm wrong. Lol

You've got this Sue!

Hi guys!

Sorry I have been MIA - this has been a challenging summer, I think it took two months to heal from the shock of what went down at my former teaching institution - still feel like I am healing, but feel much better. I am used to being unemployed during the summer - but since fall is here I am have applied for unemployment - something ballsy for an adjunct instructor to do - seeing as my department broke the collective bargaining agreement to force teacher into taking early retirement I figured I would apply for it.

It is demoralizing applying for jobs - something I don't think I have had to do since I moved to NYC in the early 90's. No one calls back - even for gigs that are a perfect fit - its easy to get pretty bummed out, but I figure that keeping a positive outlook is a very precious resource so I have been really trying...

With that said - being just over 2 years out I have tested the limits with how much utter crap I can eat since May and the scale is up by 15 lbs...Sleeved hubby has been doing the same thing - both so stressed about money, so he is up too. One very good thing is that I have been walking 3-5 times a week with one of my best girlfriends - walked 4 miles yesterday and got 6.5 miles today. I have started to limit the coffee to just a cup from the french press - and am drinking plain Water - no artificial sweeteners. I had a good fast day yesterday, as well as today - if anything I am finding myself going overboard - not wanting to eat anything.

My goal is to get my rump back on track and slay the carb monster - this is day two and Hi my name is Kelly and I am most definitely an addict ;)

I haven't been to the board much - honestly I thought I had broken my sleeve - have felt little to no restriction so I felt like I shouldn't even bother to post. So working on getting back - no more Cookies or pastry like things - the funny thing is - I didn't even like food like this when I was really big - but I sure seem to now.

Florinda hope it goes well with your artist pal - you should pm his name I might know him - the Seattle art scene is not huge.

Thanks for saying you missed me Kim  :)

I should go join the challenge.

Sorry Sarah, I forgot..dgl licorice is what I took last spring when eating made me nauseous...now I can eat anything again!

Kelly, when you struggle is exactly the time you should be posting. I went through this with the band....feeling kind of failed so undeserving of support...don't go down that path!

So good to hear from so many of you.

Hell week...I didn't get home from work till 10pm...dying.

I was up by 8 pounds from were I want to be (bottom of my bounce range) and have really hit the 5:2 on fast days and trying to be pretty good on reg days. I have managed to drop over 2 pounds and am now only 6 from my goal. Yes Virginia, the 5:2 can work.

I have been feeling some acid, I think my body is still pissed off at me for eating like a chocolate brownie loving piggy the other day....I must have had 7 of them... Chocolate in excess always is the culprit  with acid for me. A little is ok..... 

Kelly, and Sar, DO hang out here with us, even if you feel like crap, I know when i feel like crap I have a tendency to stay away too, but these girls are pure GOLD. If one of us does not understand, the next one will, and we are here for you! That goes or you too Sheila!

We are putting my moms ashes in the ground today. lunch after.... so glad I did a good 5:2 yesterday! 

Thinking of you today, Kim! And yes, hitting 5/2 Hard. Have for last two or three weeks and I've managed to drop back down by 6 pounds over a three week period but boy, I'm having a hard time having better NON fast days. Not eating crap but too high in calories some weekends so I wind up re losing the same pounds for the first three days of the week! Gonna try to watch it this weekend.

As for acid, YES! I am experiencing it much stronger right now. Some days none but others feels like a knot in my throat and chest burning. I have a script for Prilosec doc said he recommends EVERYONE take a low dose daily but I haven't ever had to until now. Should probably start using it regularly for a while. I def don't want to develop issues.

Glad to hear from you, Chimera and others. Like y'all, sometimes I just sit back and read but I depend on you all for support and friendship.

I still take my daily Omeprazole for acid - I had terrible acid prior to surgery and still have it - if I miss a dose I can feel the burn starting. I think I have read that some folks even revise their sleeve into a bypass or a DS to make it go away? Not sure about that one.

Thank you for all the nice words - I realized that I saw that scale number and kinda freaked out and stopped weighing (last WI was 9/4/14) and not tracking, and certainly not addressing my slump back into old bad habits. Kinda slapped myself this week and got strict, back to basics - hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and track everything is paramount and usually results in happier results. Its only been 3 days but I feel a lot better and think the skin looks better as well.

Trying to cage my afternoon snack monster by just drinking Water to get through it and it is working. Have had under 1000 cals the last 3 days and the bloat is starting to subside. I used to bury my head in the sand and disassociate and just binge (thus ending up at 318 lbs.) waking up and realizing I am not failing is huge for me. So another day on the path right?

Sheryl I looove your comments regarding therapy on the thread in the vets forum. my rump has spent years on the doctors couch talking it all out, being part of an eating disorders group with another therapist - and it was harrowing because 2/3 of the young ladies in the group were angry, angry anorexic and bulimic gals - they say that binge eating disorder (which is me) is similar to those ED's - not sure how - but it could be rough in that group because they just hated the folks who were heavy. Anyway - I too felt that it did not do me much good to know why I am the way I am - I need the tools the freaking fix it!

On another note - I think I might be getting a job offer today if all goes well. I had a fantastic interview with a lovely manager this week and I am excited for this one, its at a bookshop....I will still get to help people, can talk about books all day and it is close to home so I wont spend so much on gas and parking - not that my little saucy Mini drinks much in the way of gas :) Wish me luck!

On another note - I think I might be getting a job offer today if all goes well. I had a fantastic interview with a lovely manager this week and I am excited for this one, its at a bookshop....I will still get to help people, can talk about books all day and it is close to home so I wont spend so much on gas and parking - not that my little saucy Mini drinks much in the way of gas :) Wish me luck!

Good luck!