Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, looking at the calendar, I propose that we do a "calling all 5:2bies" reboot that begins on the 22nd of September, which is next Monday. In case anybody needs a refresher on the outline of 5:2ing, back to the beginning....

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/258660-your-start-date-and-start-weight-for-the-52-method/

Also, I found this ...

http://www.bariatricpal.com/forum/441-mental-health-issues-for-sleevers/

Also, has anyone had issues with acid making a comeback? For four years I have been a pill-a-day (Prevacid) and suddenly this week, a few days ago, I have had such intense acid pain that I am taking 2 pills a day, one morning, one night. The acid is so intense it even gave me a blister on the roof of my mouth. Anyone had an issue similar?

yes! In the past month, I have been experiencing a LOT. Feels like backed up in my throat and burning chest. I never had it before surgery. Didn't have it after surgery either until I hit year four.

And I'm up for the 5:2 reboot!

Florinda, count me in

Im in too.. I was going to start today, but had a big fight with hubby, then the boss brought a giant box of Crack.... make that brownie bites.... I did my best to empty the box. :( Going to a big dress up Gala tonight too... I will do my best to enjoy all the wine and treats! I get free tickets when I volunteer to be an "on air" expert at the Local PBS stations arts auction. Its fun!

I consider my bounce range to be 170-173.... I am currently at 176.8..... and holding. I would love to get back to 170. What a difference 6.8 pounds make! Feel all Blubby. 

Typed a long reply and stupid app ate it. Grr.

Short version is, I'm an all-around mess and I'm feeling quite lost and discouraged.

CGJ, I am sitting at 159-162. My goal weight is 150 and bounce between 148-153 So I need to lose at least 10 pounds. The pounds I have out on in the last four months!!! Yep, that fast!!!

I have been trying to get on here and post for the last few days! The new app keeps bumping me off!!

Not happy hear the ap  is causing problems.

I hope we can figure out a time and day when some of us could chat . It would be fun.

I had a candy attack which caused a severe diarrhea and gas attract today. The candy was yummy but I suffered from this craving.

I hope I can keep a handle on snacking now that all the holidays are coming.

Anyone have a time on Tues they would be able to chat? remember time change

I can't see chat on the ipad app (think it was on the old one), however I do have access to laptop so that is an option.

Florinda, yes, I'm also having problem with acid. I had very slight issues before my sleeve once in a while. After surgery, I took my PPI and didn't have any problems until maybe 6 months ago it seemed like I was getting more acid reflux. I'm 3 years and almost 4 months out.

Right after I had plastics the acid was really bad. Like immediately after surgery. I'm wondering if something was triggered when the tube was put down my throat for surgery. I'm also wondering if maybe I have another hernia since I had one repaired in that same area during my sleeve. It has been pretty bad ever since and that was 11 weeks ago. I have to take 2 PPI's a day now and in the late afternoon/evening it is the worst.

I need to get it checked out. I have an appointment with my PCP for blood work in November so I'll talk to him about it then.

Good to see so many people back posting and supporting one another!

Hmm, I will be very keen to hear what your Doc has to say Sar, since I don't have a primary yet.

I'm in for the 5:2 - on the subject of acid - I don't get it much, unless I eat crap... just as I did pre sleeve. I suppose I'm just lucky.

Sarah I had reflux after plastics from the compression garments. I did alot of Protein Drinks instead of food till swelling went down a d garments stretched. Knock on wood... I am fine now but this is a scary long term issue for some sleevers.

I am fine if I take my Protonix. It works well. I feel a little acid in the morning, but it's time to take it. I should switch to taking it before bed. I think the directions say an hour before a meal though. I tried to go off it , and there is no way I can.

Brutal day... worked like 11 hours and then a team dinner at a fattening Italian restaurant. I have discovered that 5# makes my size 4 pants snug and wishing I had 6s. I usually work from home so mingling with the bigwigs mean I need to dig out professional clothes. don't really care..As long as I stay single digit but hate that snug feeling.

I roasted a chicken last night, using MtAoFC, Julia Child will never steer you wrong ^_^. Today I will make a stock from the chicken carcass and the vegetables. Here I am, drinking my morning coffee .....

post-152922-0-77997100-1410967743_thumb.jpg

Thank you Coops!! I have the loving spoon on my keys, the charm on my phone, the mug pad near my favorite seat, the lotion on my face, the tea in my cupboard! I am so SO thrilled, it made settling in so special, feeling the friendship across the pond ^_^ <3