Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My non fast day came in at 1100, carbs need to come down but otherwise OK. Fasting today and so far so good. Hope it stays that way.

Have a great day everyone!

Just found this in my garden by the studio early this morning...

post-110343-0-42568400-1411480308_thumb.jpg

So I made it, sort of, I couldn't sleep and was still awake at 12:30, and since that is technically a new day .... yes, I had the bread. I will add it to today's calories, but I can accept that.

Wow! I've missed a lot! I went out of town for a few days to the Crosby Stills and Nash concert and then shopping in Eugene. It was good to get away. I am going to go to Portland to see my kids and granddaughter this weekend.

Kelly, glad to hear you found a job that you're going to enjoy.

Seems we are all doing 5:2 again. I need to start too, but it seems every time I try a fast, I get invited out to dinner.< /p>

I decided I am going to date both Jim and Bill. They both keep calling to take me places so I figured why not? I don't want to be in a relationship with either of them, but I enjoy their company in short doses. Bill really doesn't know anyone in this town, so it should not be a problem,

Kim , I hope you're feeling somewhat better. Grief comes and goes. I always had good and bad days. It takes awhile before there are many good days strung together.

Sheryl, I didn't know that Theo ever told  you that. If he finds  many women that he feels no chemistry with, the problem is with him.

Hang in there Dee. We are all here for you.

I've been feeling a lot of anxiety. I hate it. Going to the gym helps but he seems like every day there is much going on, I can't fit it in. I went yesterday and it felt really good.

We did this before, and we know 5:2 works, so lets cheer each other on!

Florinda, how are you feeling?

Edited by Oregondaisy

Halfway through fast day. 153 calories so far! Now, if I can handle the late night munchies tonight after my dinner. ????????

Go, Girls!

So, I started lexapro a few months ago - really helped with anxiety. Even on tiny doses, I am having bad side effects so we had the big talk about what to do next. I am bravely going to try to wean off and learn other coping skills for anxiety. I am not going to start the weaning until I feel less anxious about feeling anxious...ha. She told me that is classic PTSS - you get so wound up about anticipating anxiety that is more anxiety provoking than anything else! Anyway, she thinks I am ready because i have coped with a lot very well this summer. I want to be off that damn drug, but I am scared. It is making me rethink if i should do 5:2 becuase like I mentioned... I suspect, not sure, but suspect, it impacts my moods.

Denise, cardio and staying busy helped me manage my anxiety for a long time, but it eventually blew up. In fact, I almost want to say that "sweating it off" in the end made it worse. I don't have the answers, but I stopped formal exercise after I got hurt by the personal trainer last winter. My anxiety is much lower, largely due to the help from the lexapro, but also because i started facing it rather than being the hamster on the wheel running it off. I have restarted exercise for exercise sake, but not using it to burn off the extra juice.... I am no expert but I read that that sort of "seeking exercise endorphins" can make anxiety worse. Experts recommend yoga, mediation and that sort of thing instead. What I hate about anxiety is that it isn't about anything in particular so it can't be solved in the way I normally tackle problems..

I might have mentioned this before, but i have a tendency to have some anxiety as well...it runs in the family. I suspect I have some cortisol or adrenal problems... , my dad and mom both have/had Atrial Fibrillation, as do I, and my dad had his heart stop from Takotsubo cardiomyopathy (broken-heart syndrome) a few years ago, which they think is caused by stress hormones. I steer clear of caffein or any stimulant really, which makes me feel like total shit, and when I get that "funny feeling" I take about 2T of nutritional yeast, add to a little Water and glug it down. This seems to take the edge off of the anxiety within 15 minutes or so. I recommend it, its worth a try anyway! For me its not really a "thinking" problem, but a chemical one... which may be one and the same...don't know...

Yes, Feed THIS ^ I feel like I am yelling in a sound proof booth on this subject: of COURSE we are going to feel hyper anxious and messed up when we tinker (5:2) with our diet, we have a DISEASE of imbalance, self-medicated over the years to achieve equilibrium. We, like ADDICTS, have been dosing ourselves. Not because there is something morally wrong with us, but because we were trying to fix our chemical misfirings without the right tools.

I have discovered dry sauteeing mushrooms, then glazing them in chicken stock, simply sublime. So far, including my midnight snack last night, I am only at 697 cals, and it isn't even a fast day!

My fast day yesterday came in at 530 and I am so pleased at that. lunch prepared and packed for today so that should keep me on track. Keep it up everyone.

Mine is inherited as well. My mom had bouts of anxiety that were severe. My only full sister was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder in her late 20s. Somehow I managed to brute force myself to do ok without treatment for a very long time but when I gave up over eating I lost one of my coping mechanism. My counselor said I am very resilient, but it just got to be too much. Anyway I can't tolerate the meds ..never heard of using yeast.

I might have mentioned this before, but i have a tendency to have some anxiety as well...it runs in the family. I suspect I have some cortisol or adrenal problems... , my dad and mom both have/had Atrial Fibrillation, as do I, and my dad had his heart stop from Takotsubo cardiomyopathy (broken-heart syndrome) a few years ago, which they think is caused by stress hormones. I steer clear of caffein or any stimulant really, which makes me feel like total ****, and when I get that "funny feeling" I take about 2T of nutritional yeast, add to a little Water and glug it down. This seems to take the edge off of the anxiety within 15 minutes or so. I recommend it, its worth a try anyway! For me its not really a "thinking" problem, but a chemical one... which may be one and the same...don't know...

I usually fast on Mon and Ths, but I decided to fast today because I am on holiday for the next three days, and I knew it would be hard to keep it up tomorrow on the road. So far so good... Weds are tricky as they are staff meeting day, and there are always treats... luckily, today there were none so it was easy enough to stay on plan. I should clock in at around 540 by bedtime. How is your day gals?

Edited by feedyoureye

Awesome! I forgot to tell you that I ate too many calories but doing good on carbs!