Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

if I read about another stall Imma pull my hair out!

I think your post should encourage a lot of people. Thanks!

I am just starting out on my journey, waiting for my surgery date...I have been reading about said stalls. I love your post...It is a great outlook! Congratulations on your success!

Thats very true and well said. I think many people just have a fear of failing which is normal. We tried everthing in the books and nothing seems to work. So after under going weight loss surgury, some want to see rapid results....Realistically, the only right thing to do is just follow doctors orders and the weight will come off...Dont be surprised as to why ur not losing weight if your eating carbs and not enough protein! I had to seriously get rid of the carbs and listen to my doctor to lose this weight. I prob would have lost even more if I realllyyyyy listened to him lmao but no one is perfect we all make mistakes...I'm only 20 pounds away from my goal. Although Im not losing weight, I am losing fat and gaining muscle. I will never question why Im not losing weight or why im in a stall because I already kno the answer! And I already know how to get back on track..Always speak to your doctor when you feel like things arent working well, there is always a reason behind it..Just dont panic :)

I can totally relate to experiencing the fear of failure..many of us had this surgery as a result of failed weightloss attempts. I just hate to see folks so down on themselves. For the first time in life I'm aiming for health..and not a number. The results of a healthy Lifestyle is weightloss and maintenance

I've noticed that most of the posts about stalls are geared towards the beginning so I think it's more of people being new to the sleeve, not knowing what to expect, and turning here for answers. You summed it up quite well ... it's a journey and we will all get there one way or another. Some faster, some slower. The sleeve is not the cure, just a start. We only get a good restart once so we must make the most of it!

Really people are searching for answers. So you can't fault them for that. I was never told by my dr very much about anything and have learned quite abit from others posting about stalls and such. And since I use my phone I only read recent threads.

I just passed my one year surgery anniversary. I am down 76 pounds. I have been in a stall since about March. However, I had shoulder surgery at the end of March and I really just sat around for 9 weeks watching tv and reading. I didn't eat as much Protein as I should have. I picked at whatever was in the fridge and cabinet, which was mostly stuff for the kid. I wasn't exercising. Then, my shoulder felt better and I've been walking for the last 3 weeks. I still haven't lost, but I've also still been home and within reach of whatever is there. This is my first week back to work after 3 months away on disability. I'm hoping now that I am back and away from all the 'kid food', I can get back into my routine and up my Proteins. My goal of course is to lost another 80 lbs or so, but also to get my hair to grow! I cut it in January, and it's not growing. So, hopefully the protein and the Biotin Vitamin work, and I will get back on track and need to go shopping for smaller clothes!! Good luck everyone!

As repetitive and annoying as it may be to read the same question over and over again I must admit that it was that dreaded 3 week stall that made me seek out more information and brought me onto this site. While my Dr did tell me that stalls were inevitable I did not expect it to happen so soon and all the while my calorie intake was 250-350 daily.

I subconsciously believed that my body was somehow broken to begin with as I have never responded well to changes in diet and increases in exercise. I was terrified that I would be the one and only person that would go through this surgery and STILL not lose weight and regain mobility. I can not tell you what a source of comfort it was for me at the time to see so many people posing the exact questions that were plaguing me. And even more comforting were the responses from the Veterans telling us newbies "hey, I have been there, it can last a few weeks, but trust me it will get better." ... and it has :)

As repetitive and annoying as it may be to read the same question over and over again I must admit that it was that dreaded 3 week stall that made me seek out more information and brought me onto this site. While my Dr did tell me that stalls were inevitable I did not expect it to happen so soon and all the while my calorie intake was 250-350 daily.

I subconsciously believed that my body was somehow broken to begin with as I have never responded well to changes in diet and increases in exercise. I was terrified that I would be the one and only person that would go through this surgery and STILL not lose weight and regain mobility. I can not tell you what a source of comfort it was for me at the time to see so many people posing the exact questions that were plaguing me. And even more comforting were the responses from the Veterans telling us newbies "hey' date=' I have been there, it can last a few weeks, but trust me it will get better." ... and it has :)[/quote']

I agree. Some of us need that reassurance & don't have anywhere else to turn. Personally, I only read the threads I want to. If a subject annoys you, why read it?!?

I agree. Some of us need that reassurance & don't have anywhere else to turn. Personally' date=' I only read the threads I want to. If a subject annoys you, why read it?!?[/quote']

The subject doesn't annoy me...people who panic and give into fear bothers me. Some folks need to just relax and stay calm when the scale doesn't move. That was my point. Have a good day!

I don't know if I'm the only one who gets EXTREMELY annoyed when reading complaints about alleged "stalls". *sigh* sometimes I feel empathy for folks but most times I feel extreme aggravation. Listen folks...we aren't gonna lose weight every day or every week for that matter. If that was the case we would lose 365 lbs in a year! This surgery was not intended to be a "quick fix". I personally don't believe in "stalls". Have I experienced weeks of no loss??? SURE! What did I do to "break my stall"? NOTHING!!! Im 8 month's out and still follow my doctors orders and exercise...REGULARLY. That's it...that's all! When the numbers don't move I don't give into fear...I simply "stay the course". I really get dissappointed when I read about folks being taking on an emotional roller coaster by the scale. If you are eating what you're suppose to be eating and exercising like you're suppose too...YOU WILL LOSE!!!! This is not a race...its a lifelong journey. Our main goal should be to optimize our health and live better lives..not chasing a number on a scale or a size. We have to have the mindsets of those who've lost weight and maintain healthy lifestyles without surgery! I hope I don't sound harsh or judgemental...that's not my intention. I just want to encourage those who are feeling down about the "sta lls" or "slow loss" not to give up! I send my "cyber love" to all of you!

^This.

That's always been my advice too. Just keep following the doctor's plan. Don't "up your protein" or "lower your carbs". Just follow the plan. Our body's need the stall to catch up.

Do I LIKE the stalls? No, but knowing they happen helps. I'm glad I read about the stall that usually happens around week 3. Mine lasted three weeks. Did I get upset? No, because I knew it would happen.