Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

if I read about another stall Imma pull my hair out!

As repetitive and annoying as it may be to read the same question over and over again I must admit that it was that dreaded 3 week stall that made me seek out more information and brought me onto this site. While my Dr did tell me that stalls were inevitable I did not expect it to happen so soon and all the while my calorie intake was 250-350 daily.

I subconsciously believed that my body was somehow broken to begin with as I have never responded well to changes in diet and increases in exercise. I was terrified that I would be the one and only person that would go through this surgery and STILL not lose weight and regain mobility. I can not tell you what a source of comfort it was for me at the time to see so many people posing the exact questions that were plaguing me. And even more comforting were the responses from the Veterans telling us newbies "hey' date=' I have been there, it can last a few weeks, but trust me it will get better." ... and it has :)[/quote']

Thank you...I'm a newbie and you are exactly right.

I don't know if I'm the only one who gets EXTREMELY annoyed when reading complaints about alleged "stalls". *sigh* sometimes I feel empathy for folks but most times I feel extreme aggravation. Listen folks...we aren't gonna lose weight every day or every week for that matter. If that was the case we would lose 365 lbs in a year! This surgery was not intended to be a "quick fix". I personally don't believe in "stalls". Have I experienced weeks of no loss??? SURE! What did I do to "break my stall"? NOTHING!!! Im 8 month's out and still follow my doctors orders and exercise...REGULARLY. That's it...that's all! When the numbers don't move I don't give into fear...I simply "stay the course". I really get dissappointed when I read about folks being taking on an emotional roller coaster by the scale. If you are eating what you're suppose to be eating and exercising like you're suppose too...YOU WILL LOSE!!!! This is not a race...its a lifelong journey. Our main goal should be to optimize our health and live better lives..not chasing a number on a scale or a size. We have to have the mindsets of those who've lost weight and maintain healthy lifestyles without surgery! I hope I don't sound harsh or judgemental...that's not my intention. I just want to encourage those who are feeling down about the "sta lls" or "slow loss" not to give up! I send my "cyber love" to all of you!

Omgsh, I soooooooooooooooooooo agree w u. Ive yet to b sleeved, still hoop jumpn, but from what I read, it has frustrated me reading about it too. One thing I've learned from reading here is to expect it and feel that if I do, as uve stated, it'll pass, its not a race but a lifestyle change. But altho Ive read it more than once, people r still freaking out. And I feel that if I stay the proper course, I will have a lifetime to get to whatever goal is set. I appreciate u posting this bc I've wanted to say somthn but felt that since I'm not sleeved, people wud judge. So Ty and I do pray that all will continue to b successful bc now, u have been givn more time on your lives to get and remain healthy. Now w that said, if after I have my surgery, I post about a stall, pahleaze quote me nd ur welcome to give me a swift cyber kick n the newly slimmed bum;). Cyber love, Dee Dee

Personally I find everything on here either informative or at least entertaining. People feel safe here to voice their innermost thoughts and that is amazing. We admit our flaws, our flub ups, our fears, our exact weights with each other. How many of your friends know how much you weigh? Instead of being annoyed, be a voice of gentle encouragement. Sometimes venting and getting related feedback from the others here may be more helpful than you know. Right now this site is invaluable to me. Other than my husband I don't have much support. This is the place where we all learn the reality of having a sleeve. This stuff isn't in books. I say that's great!

Personally I find everything on here either informative or at least entertaining. People feel safe here to voice their innermost thoughts and that is amazing. We admit our flaws' date=' our flub ups, our fears, our exact weights with each other. How many of your friends know how much you weigh? Instead of being annoyed, be a voice of gentle encouragement. Sometimes venting and getting related feedback from the others here may be more helpful than you know. Right now this site is invaluable to me. Other than my husband I don't have much support. This is the place where we all learn the reality of having a sleeve. This stuff isn't in books. I say that's great![/quote']

Couldn't have said it better my self... I agree if some people get annoyed maybe they should just keep scrolling No one should be afraid of posting something on here.. This is sometimes all the support some people have.. I have my husband and few family members which I'm thankful for... I know some people here depend on this forum for support!

Omgsh' date=' I soooooooooooooooooooo agree w u. Ive yet to b sleeved, still hoop jumpn, but from what I read, it has frustrated me reading about it too. One thing I've learned from reading here is to expect it and feel that if I do, as uve stated, it'll pass, its not a race but a lifestyle change. But altho Ive read it more than once, people r still freaking out. And I feel that if I stay the proper course, I will have a lifetime to get to whatever goal is set. I appreciate u posting this bc I've wanted to say somthn but felt that since I'm not sleeved, people wud judge. So Ty and I do pray that all will continue to b successful bc now, u have been givn more time on your lives to get and remain healthy. Now w that said, if after I have my surgery, I post about a stall, pahleaze quote me nd ur welcome to give me a swift cyber kick n the newly slimmed bum;). Cyber love, Dee Dee[/quote']

It does take tweaking to get out of stalls. And you do start thinking that maybe your body is different from the rest. I'm glad I learned how to help my body to keep loosing. And share with others what I've learned. As with all things we need yo show patience and kindness to others.

What's a stall? I say if you haven't lost an ounce in over a month, you need to change it up. But 4 fays? A week? It's totally normal and expected not to lose everyday! Sometimes there's like 6 stall threads in one day all with the same responses lol.

I don't know if I'm the only one who gets EXTREMELY annoyed when reading complaints about alleged "stalls". *sigh* sometimes I feel empathy for folks but most times I feel extreme aggravation. Listen folks...we aren't gonna lose weight every day or every week for that matter. If that was the case we would lose 365 lbs in a year! This surgery was not intended to be a "quick fix". I personally don't believe in "stalls". Have I experienced weeks of no loss??? SURE! What did I do to "break my stall"? NOTHING!!! Im 8 month's out and still follow my doctors orders and exercise...REGULARLY. That's it...that's all! When the numbers don't move I don't give into fear...I simply "stay the course". I really get dissappointed when I read about folks being taking on an emotional roller coaster by the scale. If you are eating what you're suppose to be eating and exercising like you're suppose too...YOU WILL LOSE!!!! This is not a race...its a lifelong journey. Our main goal should be to optimize our health and live better lives..not chasing a number on a scale or a size. We have to have the mindsets of those who've lost weight and maintain healthy lifestyles without surgery! I hope I don't sound harsh or judgemental...that's not my intention. I just want to encourage those who are feeling down about the "sta lls" or "slow loss" not to give up! I send my "cyber love" to all of you!

Well said.

Really people are searching for answers. So you can't fault them for that. I was never told by my dr very much about anything and have learned quite abit from others posting about stalls and such. And since I use my phone I only read recent threads.

^truth.com

and while my surgeon did give me info, that info was not a 1 size fits all. also imagine seeing people hit their goal of 100lbs+ in about a year and you are struggling to get to 100lbs even though you are doing everything right. of course folks would be concerned and think they are doing something wrong. OP is 100% correct in her comments but i also think a lot of these threads about stalling are a result of fear and uncertanity NOT being impatient. we are all in this boat for the first time and really don't know what will work and won't work

Couldn't have said it better my self... I agree if some people get annoyed maybe they should just keep scrolling No one should be afraid of posting something on here.. This is sometimes all the support some people have.. I have my husband and few family members which I'm thankful for... I know some people here depend on this forum for support!

My post was not meant to insult anyonenor make them feel afraid to ask questions. People hit a "stall" and go into hysteria. My post was meant to ENCOURAGE. Im not annoyed by the topic or the people...the FEAR and DISAPPOINTMENT that people experience is sad to read about. I've read soooo many "stall buster" methods...and I wonder why some people go thru such extremes instead of just following their plans. We have to slowly change our thoughts from obtaining a certain number on the scale to just simply optimizing our health by eating right and exercising regularly. FOR ME PERSONALLY (just speaking of myself) my focus haa shifted to clean eating and challenging my body with regular exercise...I NO LONGER care if the scale doesn't move x amount of lbs in x amount of days. If the scale NEVER moves again...what am I going to change? Nothing! I'm eating right and working out so my body is still reaping benifits from my new lifestyle

Hey allthatjazz! I do clean eating too with alkaline food principles before I had my surgery. It feels amazing to eat clean. I found this magazine called clean eating at whole foods market and all of the recipes were out of sight good. I plan to go back to eating that way once I can tolerate normal foods. And I get what you're saying in your original post. No worries we are all friends here. I'm sure something you said touched someone where others have failed. Let's keep in touch!

I'm one of those stall whiners ;-) almost 9 weeks out and have gone up and down so much in the last 7 weeks, it's been crazy!!! Saw my surgeon last week for my 2 month appt and according to her charts I had only lost 10 since my pre-op appt. she started talking about how we maybe should have done bypass. :-( I was pretty demoralized.

BUT, what I have noticed is that every time I come here and vent those fears something happens and my weight starts to move again. I don't know if its the switch ups people suggest, the support I'm given, psychological or if I pay more attention to what I'm doing or what but something happens. I can officially say I'm back to my lowest weight post sleeve and I'm hopeful that the downward trajectory will continue!

Hey allthatjazz! I do clean eating too with alkaline food principles before I had my surgery. It feels amazing to eat clean. I found this magazine called clean eating at whole foods market and all of the recipes were out of sight good. I plan to go back to eating that way once I can tolerate normal foods. And I get what you're saying in your original post. No worries we are all friends here. I'm sure something you said touched someone where others have failed. Let's keep in touch!

My favorite magazine EVER is Clean Eating. Unfortunately, they filed bankruptcy (Robert Kennedy publishing) and it is no longer being published. I just received my last issue. :( unless, of course, some great people or company decide to buy it to keep it in production. :)

Thanks I needed this words!!

Can you suggest any links or resources for learning more about clean eating. For the last two years I have focused on juicing and eating plant-based/ minimally processed foods. I have had to change a lot of my nutritional practices in order to follow my Drs plan....including high Protein and meat (fish and chicken only for me, I still can't make that leap to beef or pork). I am not a fan of artificial sweetener, fats, or anything so we have had to make some comprises here. I haven't heard of clean eating before and am interested in finding out more about it.

Any suggestions you might have are much appreciated.