Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

No worries, Mal! The kids were anxious to get out of there...even though they were great, they still wanted to be "free"!

:biggrin1:

Mal - how's your fill? It is so hard to tell when? is enough. You are doing great. Just think about the fact that you haven't gained weight in several months. I always have to look at that. Because in the past if I wasn't obsessively dieting I was gaining weight. Feast....faminie....now with the band I can eat some of everything, just not too much. I do lose better when I don't eat out a lot, but I am happier when I am social, so I guess I'll just lose weight slowly. Who cares?

marcy - I am so surprised that losing is slow for you. You are young, tall and active with your kiddos. Have they ever looked at you restingl metabolic rate and calories you can? Do you have a lot of snow yet?

Drews - what you gonna be for Halloween?

Woofay - do blondes really have more fun??

Hugs all,

Michelle

Mal... the bout was great! We had about 2,000 people there! The Bad Apples won by a pretty large margin. The Green Barrettes have lost some pretty important players to out of state moves and injuries and it really showed on Friday.

I got some surprising news at practice last night... I am invited to test up on Thursday night! This means I will be tested to be placed on a team! Next month this time I will be finding out if I need to start loving camo or red...:clap2:

For Halloween me, Kylie of Backlash and Truth Adere are going as the Furies. The Furies are the Roman goddesses of vengence. Should be great fun!

Hope to see some of you there!

Hello Friends! Great to see some of you posting and to read the news on you.

Mal, I'm looking forward to the photos. I can tell you the best host I have found for my photos is to join Photobucket (free). They are very user friendly and you can upload your photos and it converts them to codes that you can then "copy" and "paste into the body of a message box here on Lapbandtalk. The code you want to copy is the "Vbulletin" code..or "IML" code. **No worries about the weight. You feel good, right?**

For the record I think that people who are not familiar with the Lap Band get it confused with gastric bypass. They think we are all going to lose 100 pounds in 6 months. I have always felt this is probably one of the most unhealthy things to do to yourself not to mention the the "fat" has to come out somewhere. I can only think of two exits in the body. Can you imagine??? (((OUCH)))) :heh::faint:

I'm ready to catch a Roller Derby match next time I hit Denver. Who's with me on this one?

I check in here most of the time and sometimes do not post. I want you all to know that your support, SHARING of SELF and the time you take to do that benefits me so much.

Sharing with my friends here some quality thoughts for the day!!

From Overeaters Anonymous

Here are some things that I've learned since coming into OA...

I have a disease and it's not my fault, and better yet, it's not anyone's fault.

I've been given a lifesaver in the name of OA and it's up to me to grab hold for dear life and not let go.

I am powerless over what others say and do, yet 100% responsible for my reaction and subsequent action.

If I have a problem, and I eat over it, I have two problems.

I have a Higher Power who will listen to me and give me what I need at any moment.

I have a Higher Power who will give my gifts beyond my wildest dreams, but only if and when I surrender my self-will.

If I make food an option, it will be the only option.

It's not our sponsor's who keep us abstinent, it's our sponsorees, and I can't give away what I don't have.

I am perfectly imperfect, and I like it that way.

I can set boundaries for my recovery and the important people in my life will still love me.

( my own addition to this is: and if they truly love me they will respect my boundaries)

Time passes and things will get done whether I orchestrate every move or not.<< and the control freak inside of me just slapped me upside the head

Holding on to things is a quick way to the fork, so as soon as I've worked through what I can, I have to let it go.

Forgiving does not mean condoning and to forgive someone is to release their control over my emotions.

Powerless does not mean helpless.

I can say 'no' simply because I don't want to do something, without all of the excuses attached.

I can say 'yes' and still limit what it is that I'm able and willing to do.

Those who have harmed me are sick in their own way.

Unconditional love does not hurt.

Anonymity means that we are all equal in the fellowship and that I can speak freely, without judgment.

etc. etc.

I hope these lifted you like they did me.

thAutumnFairy.gif

Thanks Gals!!

Yeah, I have come to realize that I am a slow loser...no biggie. I agree Dynamo,I am greatful that I am not gaining. The last fills took about a week or so before I felt anything different, so right now I feel the same...like I could eat just about anything and everything. I knpow I am not eating nearly as much as before the surgery, but more than I should be. I try to work out at least three times a week, I always feel so much better if i work out.

Lap~I have photobucket and I uploaded pictures...now what???...I'll give it a try. The pictures came out great, hope I can share them. I also lost your email and Dynamo's...thought I added it to my address book, but your not there...

Drews~CONGRATS!!! I hope you are a Bad Apple, I like that name (maybe because I feel like a bad apple...LOL).

Goddessess of Vengence....kewel!!!

...I am off to try and post some pictures...

Here are a few more, I am sooo excited that I FINALLY know how to post pictures!!! But are they still too big??

Yurts2007020.jpg

Yurts2007082.jpg

Yurts2007033.jpg

Yurts2007001.jpg

I have a question... when you get a fill, is it worth having someone come with you or is it something I can drive to and back home from with no problems? (It's like an hour drive each way....) I suspect it's the latter, but I said I would ask, as Paul said he'd come with me if I wanted, but I'd rather not make him bother, if its no biggie...

Tina :)

Taynah - You can do the fill alone..it's no biggie, really! Heck, I have to fly about 500 miles, then drive about 15 to get to my fill doc...costs too much to bring someone with me! haha! Darn, I guess I'll just HAVE to have a vacation without the kids! Heehee!

Mal - You look fantastic! The out-of-doors doeds you good! No, there's no snow here...yet. We've had A LOT of rain though. Temp is still around 45-50 and I don't think it's even freezing at night yet. Good thing...I have a few more zucchini that need to mature!

Now...on a funny note...Andrew's been gone for a week and a half. Just got home today. Sidebar: when you live in the bush you utilize shopping and lugguage when you go into "town". AK Airlines gives us three bags at 50 lbs each and they are ALWAYS filled! We even keep a scale in our truck in Anchorage so we can fill our Rubbermaid buckets - Alaskan lugguage - to the brim! So, I start emptying buckets and we have the usual cleaning supplies, crystal lite, cheese, etc. And then I open the top to the big bucket and there it is....CEREAL! Now, this won't sound alarming to many of you, but this is my demise! I LOVE cereal! I can eat it all the time! So now comes a true test of wills....will I succum...will I retreat....story to finish at a later date!

Taynuh~The fill is nothing, you can do it. I brought my hubby with me for my first fill and I really didn't need him. I just wanted a ride to the front door so I wouldn't have to hike up the hill, but I ended up getting a good parking spot. I was just being lazy. Now I purposly park farther away to get a good walk. The first fill is totally bizzare!! other than that yo don't need anyone with you.

Outstanding Mal!!!!!!!! Ohhhh Ohhhh Ohhh.better than I ever imagined. Thank you so much.

1987 is too long to wait since I've seen fall leaves~~

I called Dr. K's office on Tuesday and got Mary. Marilyn was out of the office. She took a message for me, haven't heard back just yet. I'm scheduling for November now. I'm determined to make it this time.

Can someone tell me what it is not so good to drink soda? I'm not that into it anyway but was wondering.

thPumpkins.gif

fallpatty.gif