Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

hehehe a shart, I'll have to remember that one. I'll find that article on supertasters and scan it. I think it was in discover magazine, but not sure. But not be able to post it until next week.

Going to be gone until next Thursday and have to prepare some giclee prints today for an art show. Am afraid the need to sleep will start to overwhelm me and I won't get my work done.

The court thing is a damages suit. It's about malpractice damages against a lawyer. It cost me my only $100,000 to finally get to this point and the court will order damages of that and some more, I most likely won't see a cent unless he has a house and I can put a lean on it. But I will have that piece of paper.

Gurlygirl~ are you ready for your appointment tomorrow? I can't wait to meet you! My appointment is at 2:15, but I usually get there rather early to try and beat the lovely lovely Denver traffic and get back to The Springs. (it reminds me all too well why I got out of Phoenix!) Did I understand your posts earlier that you are coming from Canada, or did you recently move from there? You'll recognize me as I got this terrible wild hair yesterday and bleached my hair blond...and it was a rotten job. Hahaha! I've dyed it twice since then, but it still looks, well, rather icky! Ha! I do something like this every 10 years or so...reminds me why I pay 100 bucks to get it done right the first time! Oh well! It will grow out! Its just hair! Have a great day!:)

Woofay - I am so ready for my appointment. I am trying not to think about Tuesday too much. I am hoping after meeting Dr. K tomorrow, I will not be so nervous.

:canada:I am from Canada, Vancouver to be exact. The LAP Band is not covered under our Medical. So the cheapest price in British Columbia is over $13,000-$18,000 depending on the surgeon. With the US and Cdn dollar almost at par, it was saving me $3000 to come to Denver. We drive to Seattle and fly for $197 return. So all in all, the travel expenses are pretty cheap.

I am a dyed blonde too. Just went and had my hair done yesterday. I will be with my dh who has never been a pound overweight his whole life and he eats twice what I do.??:confused: Go figure! But having said that, he has been super supportive of my decision to be healthier. Even though he loves me the way I am. He understands that I am not happy. :love:

Today is a packing day for me (which is proabably keeping me from focusing on the week ahead haha!). My kids will be staying with my parents for 4 days, so I have to get their stuff packed and make sure that I have everything I need for the surgery.

I have PM Shelbicallie with our hotel info to possibly meet up or get at least talk on the phone sometime during our week in Denver.

Looking forward to seeing you at Dr. K's tomorrow. :clap2:I am sure I will recognize you from your RR pics.

Have a great week everyone!!

Looking forward to bandland! :peace:

Hi Gals...happy Sunday!!

Woof, I'm sure your hair looks great! I just got mine done (finally!! my hair dresser thought I was missing..) I decided to get some red highlights...funky but cool. I know what you mean about the $$$, that's one reason why I went missing in the first place...mine was 160!!!

Have a great day tomorrow ladies!

NM Sunshine~thinking about you in court...hope all goes in your favor!

Gurlygirl~rest assured, you are in good hands! If you are staying at the Holiday Inn Select, they have a little business center with use of their computer. Be sure and keep us updated!

Sunshine~ I hope the court hearing goes very well for you. That stuff can be so stressful. Did you find an outfit to wear?

niknacnut~ where have you been?

Woof~ I want to see a pic of your new hair! I bet it's cute!

How's everyone feeling?

I have lost 8 pounds since preop, 6 since surgery. When I start eating real food, will I gain weight, or hold steady since my first fill?

Girls, can you give me some ideas on what you cooked for dinners during the full liquid stage?

Last night, I made chuck roast with carrots and potatoes~put mine in the blender and sipped away! It was pretty good. My son was FREAKED out on what it looked like. Tonight is potato Soup with chicken breast and bacon, and mine will hit the blender. A neighbor brought over some homemade choc chip Cookies, I was so sad I couldn't have a bite. My son suggested I throw a couple in a blender with milk! It actually was yummy!

Wow - What a lot of weekend traffic in the posting section!

We rock!

Good luck to NM Sunshine in court. I hate lawyers, they go for the jugular and I am just a nice person. I hope you clean up!

Red Robin - either October 10th or 11th - PUT IN YOUR VOTE!

want2bemeagain - I wasn't very creative on the full liquids, I think if you can down the stew from the blender, the world is your oyster, however, I can't imagine. You might try pate or something fun. I was boring with Soups from a box. This stage won't last long. smoothies are great.

Woofay - I think your hair looks great, I hate paying so much for color, but then I had five different shades when I did it.

mal - please post your new picture, sans hat! I bet you look fabulous.

Hugs all.....working on the audit.......I hate the IRS.........it is hard to recreate four years ago (2004). Oy! (a little Jewish there)

Michelle

LOL I have to admit to having a lot of Soups heated up from boxes during my full liquids too! Mostly I was back on my Protein Shakes that I was on before surgery, so I was happy about that and those were 2 meals anyway.

Heck even during my mushie stages right now, if we go out to eat, I'm still getting soups but now I can eat all the stuff in them instead of just the liquid part!

Hi all!

Chiming in on the Red Robin date for next month. Oct 10the or 11th won't work for me. Wednesdays and Thursdays I have practice and can't miss it.

Maybe I can catch up with you girls in November! I'm looking forward to have 3 months off from derby here soon!

Hi ho, hi ho it's off to CO I go!

Tomorrow is travel day!

After I drop the boys off at school and Barkley at the kennel, we're heading to the airport.

Flight leaves at 10 in the morning. Yippee!!

I feel like I'm supposed to be signing John Denver songs or something... you know, rocky mountain high and all that.

I'll check in with you when I get to the hotel.

Karen

Hello everyone.... I've gone AWOL for awhile... :D My surgery is still a month away and I'm trying to stay positive and focused while I am waiting.... It just seems like it is taking forever and I guess I'm getting a little depressed waiting... I want it to happen NOW! dang it!!

I have told everyone in my family and friends and they are all very happy and supportive for me... This is so different from all the others of you that I read about... Even my sister and sister-in-law are rooting for me.... :clap2:

I am working on a list of items I will need for the pre-op and post-op diets and sundries... I want to buy them within the next couple of weeks because DH and I will be on the road traveling during my two week pre-op diet...

I won't be able to make it to the Red Robin meeting in October, but hope to make it to the November one...

Want2be... Thank you so much for asking about me... That was sweet of you... I will be in Grand Junction October 8th through the 13th and then onto Denver for the post-op with Dr K on the 15th and surgery on the 16th...

Shelbi and Gurlygirl.... Good luck to you on your surgeries and safe travels to both of you.....

Hope everyone has a really great week..... :cheer2:

Nicnak~

What time is your preop on the 15th? I will be in the office for my first fill that day, maybe we can meet ! What time is your surgery on the 16th? I will be thinking of you!

Good morning!

I didn't get to meet Gurlygirl~:D I got there quite early and I was seen right away. (how often does that happen?) I waited in the lobby for a while afterwards, but decided with the rain coming and traffic, to head back to the Springs. I did hit some rain anyways, but the worst of it was still coming from the west. I'm so sorry Gurlygirl!

Good luck today, Gurlygirl and ShelbieCallie! We'll be thinking of you!

Dynamomini~ I don't care which day. Has anyone heard from Lap Dancer? She hasn't been on in a few. Maybe she has a preference on which day?

Mal~ good morning!:D

Well, the Doc checked my incision yesterday, and it's just fine. I didn't need a fill, so I didn't get one. Can you believe it?! Its the first time I haven't needed a fill ever since I've gotten it. That's so neat! Dr. K laughed and said we had enough practice figuring out how much of a fill I needed that we finally got it right! My silly band has had moments this week of feeling too full or feeling not enough, so I must be just about right. They got a new person in their office, a bariatric coordinator. She was really nice, but I forgot her name. (now to treat my Alzheimers!)

Have a great day all!

Good Morning Everyone

Today is the day for me. I have to be at the hospital in 1 hr. I met with Dr. K yesterday afternoon and all I can say is what a GREAT guy. He did not make me feel rushed. Answered all of mine and dh questions. I told him I was very nervous about getting sick post op and he said he will do everything possible to try to ensure that would not happen. Wish me luck!! My nerves are a lil stressed this morning and I am not sure if it is in head or not, but also feel a tad nauseous. Which is not a good thing....:D

Woofay - Sorry we did not connect. We arrived at 3pm at his office and when I didn't see you in the waiting room I thought that you had been seen already and had left. I had it in my mind that I would be sitting there for awhile from previous posts I read. Yesterday, this was not the case. So, when I was ready to leave Mary mentioned that you waited for me in the waiting room for awhile and I wanted to thank you for trying to meet up with me. His new girls name is Brooke. I think she is a student training with him and I think will be sitting in during my surgery today.

Shelbicallie - I hope your appointment today with the good Dr. goes well. My dh and I drove out to Parker last night. If I am feeling up to it, maybe we can meet up tonight.

Talk to you all when I get to the other side of bandland.:clap2:

Good luck GurlyGirl!! You will do great! And you'll get all sorts of things to keep your stomach in check, so you have nothing to worry about!

Truthfully, the suppositories work really well.... not that big of a deal. And believe me, it was a huge deal for me at first - exit only I always say!!

The joys of a new camera and a beautiful Florida sunset that was breathtaking to watch unfold from my computer chair. I will share these lovely photos as I say HELLO friends!

sunrise172.jpg

A lot of catching up to do but first to acknowledge the newbies here and those who are in recovery as I type this. WELCOME and grand healing to you! The journey has just begun!

sunrise167.jpg

Photo of my son. My new camera and continued expansion of this hobby has been enriching.

I will see my Colorado posse in October and am scheduled to fly-in Oct. 10th and flying out the 13th.

Michelle...got any art shows happening on Friday the 12th? I'm totally game. RED ROBIN Name the place and I'll be there smiling.

sunrise175.jpg

Want to first share basic info then another post with more info. Basic info is I'm doing alright. I had a scare with medication. I swelled up like a balloon, drug interaction, trip to the hospital for tests to check heart status (Conjestive Heart Failure...NOT) So I am glad of this but was out of work for two days while drugs flushed my system. We did change drugs all is better. (but we should exchange phone numbers in case one of us suddenly goes MIA)

sunrise167.jpg

See the next post for more updated info.