Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

I dunno, by the card I got post surgery says I have an AP lapband...so, I am thinking he gave me one.... I was banded on September 5th by Dr. K. says Large AP actually....
Andrew, I was also banded on the 5th. I have the standard size AP band.

My pre-op diet was 10 days before surgery and it was Atkins to shrink the liver.

I can tell you that his post-op instructions are not nearly as strict as others I've seen - I did not have to do a week of Clear Liquids, followed by a week of full liquids. I was able to progress at the speed he wanted with no problems.

That is great. I too have the large AP band and from what I can tell of it, it is a pretty good thing.

Andrew

marcy - thanks for the list, I had seen it before, but am looking at it again. I am a slow loser, even tho' I am doing everything "right". My doc wants me to lose faster ( like I don't) but I told him that it is going as quickly as my body will release the weight. The only thing I could change is going to very lean, lean meals, but I won't be satisfied. Oh well. Some of us would have survived the Russian winters without a bite of food, and still have a rosy complexion.

Want2B- contratulations! Yeah!!!!

Shelbi - good for you, next week has your name on it.

Little - I have a 4 oz band - but Dr, K has been complaining about the way the tubing gets in the way when he does a fill. I saw some info about a band with a remote control. It is experimental, but wouldn't it be grand not to have to deal with "fills?"

Wanttobmeagain - I asked the same question re: prego belly on the last page of this thread, but no one responded?:D

I am being banded next Tuesday the 18th and would like to know if my belly will have gone down by Monday when I return to work.:(

I sure hope it goes down for you...this is flippin absurd. I had a fat stomach anyway, but it's grown by about 3 inches and is HARD...way prego. My 19 yr. old daughter said"um, mom, I don't want to hurt your feelings, but you look pregnant"...she cracked me up. The other WIERD thing for me, I find myself rubbing it like I did years ago when I WAS pregnant.

I can't wait to give birth to this baby!

I am only 2 days out, it feels like weeks...so, I am trying to walk here and there, am taking percocet and kids advil....Hey, I did pass gas today..woo hoo!! TMI !!

I am excited about what the band will do, but would prefer to go to sleep for a week and wake up feeling better!

I dont remember how long it took my swollen belly to go down (or if it ever did...LOL), I remember 3 weeks out still having some swelling???...Ladies??? anyone else remember?

Good morning all!

Want2bmeagain and Gurlygirl~ the swelling thing mostly depends on how your body responds to surgical trama. Mine lasted about 4 weeks. I think that Dynamo said hers lasted more like 5-6 weeks. It's weird how it will look so much better in the morning, almost normal and by 2 in the afternoon it will be back and by bed time, fa-git-abat-it! Sorry girls...it's more than likely going to be there when you go back to work.

Gurlygirl~ I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I've been layin' low. My gut has been a bit more sore than I anticipated. I guess there really is no such thing as "minor" surgery. Actually, I'm almost as sore as when I had the whole thing done...just without the gassy build up.(thank goodness!) And I can eat! (another thank goodness!) I would love to see you on Monday!

Have a great one!:D

The belly doesn't just equal gas, it's a lot of Fluid too. (another reason the scale goes up instead of down at first) I don't have the gas issue,(none used) and I'm sticken way out there! (Just my top roll~hahaha!)

oh yeah, I forgot about the belly "growing" as the day went on...

Hi Woof~ how's the new port treating you??? I REALLY need a fill...I am wish I could sneak in on Monday with you and Gurlygirl, but I will have to wait until the 24th.

Happy Friday!!...brrrr...I love this fall chill in the air

My belly was swollen pretty consistantly for about 2-3 weeks then would swell at the end of the day for another month or so.

Drink lots of Water and do lots of walking... it helps! :)

Hi, Mal! More port is sore...:) But I also know I've been overdoing it. Yesterday was field day for Wesley and I had to get the Cub Scout calendars done yesterday and the kids need bathing, my aunt and uncle are in town, well, you know how it is. Ha! I also haven't taken any pain killers since Tues night cuz I just hate the way they make me feel. So I've been ibuprofen it.

As for this fill...I'm not sure. The other night when we were together I wasn't sure if it was in there at all. But yesterday, I urped a couple of times. So there is something in there. I don't know. I'm not even sure he will do a fill on Monday. It may be too soon. And, do I really need one? My gut managed to bruise really nice. Eeeek! But the incision seems to be doing fine despite the fact the tape came off prematurely. Lordy I'm whiny! And it's not even pms! hahahahahaha!

Want2bmeagain~ how are you doing pain-wise? Hopefully its doing a little better! Hang in there. I'm thinking about you!

I am not telling my work that I am getting the LAP band next week while I am on vacation. In Canada, we have a 1 year maternity leave and my boss just dreads the thought of me having another baby and going on maternity leave. He will be stressing if he see's me come back from vacation with a pregnant looking belly!! I will be the talk of the office for sure. LOL :gossip::preggers::omg:

Hi Everyone -

I am giggling reading about the prego bellys. I remember it was about 5 - 6 weeks for the swelling to go down. I didn't notice the swelling change during the day, but pants with any kind of waist made it worse. Walking, farting, and drinking lots of Water will help. I swear by the Tylenol liquid for discomfort. I stayed away from the narcotics, I hate the way they make me feel.

Woofay - so sorry your port is ouchy! It is shitty that the leak had to happen to you. Remember to be gentle to yourself. The Cub Scout stuff will happen with or without you, call on the other mommy troops and get some help. Hugs!

My focus de' jour is night time eating. I have a hard time stopping grazing and lose my "will" as it gets late. Any suggestions?

Hugs to the rest of you too!

Michelle

Dynamo~...me too. I notice that I eat way tooo much at night (usually after 5) and the weekends(as Woof would say) ...fah~get~ahhhh~bout~it!!! I started to write my intake down, I hope to stick with it longer than two weeks this time??? It seems like you are doing everything right...you excercise, track your foods, drink your Water and protien...you also seem to keep very busy...Ladies any suggestions to help Dynamo out????