Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Howdy again! Wow, didn't realize it, but musta still been "under the influence". I slept all afternoon. A very nice relaxed sleep! Ahhhhh! It's gotten quite sore since all the numbness has worn off, but nothing unmanagable. Absolutely nothing like when they do the full thing and your entire abdomin is sore.

So now I've experienced two big ole complications: being way over filled and a leaky port. And neither one was really that bad. Soo, despite that, I would still completely recommend the proceedure. So far, those things do not outweigh the 45 lbs lost so far, and the rest to come! I love my band!

Can't wait for tomorrow night! :whoo:B):P:hungry::car::clap2:

Rosie~ do you plan to meet up with us?

Cant wait to meet you Marilyn!!!!!

Okay - So far we have Woofay (sore port - not sore sport, tee hee) I know BAD, Mal, Drews, Mare (I'm soooo excited to meet you) - anyone else coming????

Drews - I love the French Onion Soup, and eat all the cheese, oh well.

Hugs all,

Michelle

Here are pictures of the cabin we stayed in - note Andrew's set up at the table! (BTW, this is what an Alaska cabin will look like on the inside, not fancy, but this was a NICE cabin!) And my ring...the diamond is now a full carat! (It was a 1/2 carat - still large for me.) Note the eye-searing gleam!

post-219385-13813135497819_thumb.jpg

post-219385-13813135498058_thumb.jpg

Dear dynamomini, Would love to come to Red Robin tomorrow night my husband is getting banded by Dr K tomorrow at Crown Point. I am a bandster from Nov 06. I have lost about 95 lbs in all. We probably won't get discharged until late and I don't want to leave him alone. I know you guys have agreat time. I have been trying to catchup with wanttobemeagin,we've fust talked on the phone so far. She is quite nervous. Maybe I can catch you all on another trip when we come for a fill or something.

Dynamo~awwww thanks for asking, I am doing fine. I'm over stressing about the flood of repairs and financial buzzzz, what the hey...money comes and money goes...what can ya do?? I am looking at the positive side of it...it's reallu not that bad.

I really could use a fill, but I will have to wait til' Sept 24th. I have also found that my band is finiky, one day bread does fine, the next it gets stuck...one day I eat more tha I should and the next I have to force three meals...weird. I'm not losing pounds (I try to stay away from the scale), I need to measure again, hopefully I will see a loss there.

Woofay~ I am so happy to hear that everything went well.

Marcy~your hubby sounds like a wonderful man. The suprise romantic get away....awwwww, I love it!

Marylyn and Drews looking forward to meeting you both! Sounds like we are going to have a good number of people there!!!

See ya' tomorrow evening!

Hi again! I just got back from our Pack Meeting for our little Cub Scouts. Note to self: one should not wear jeans the day of surgery! Ha! I think I had them half off before I even got up the stairs! Hellooooo Lortab!

Dynamo~ You're doing great with the organization of RR night. Another person that expressed interest is Rosey80231. She's not banded yet and full of questions! That would be great to get 6 of us there! (Well, 7 if you include Lap Dancer in our hearts! {{{hugs}}}) Next month should be even bigger! I don't think that I will have a camera.B) Goodness, I'll feel naked. I don't go anywhere without that thing You or Mal need to make sure to bring one. (gotta have pics!!)

Stephaniez~ Wow! You've lost 95 lbs in less than a year!??? How great is that? Were you also banded by Dr K? Congrats for your husband. Was it something that he wanted to do on his own? Watched you do well and decided to too? I really wish my brother would get it done. He was supposed to do it with me last April, but chose not to. (his BMI must be around 55-60) And with all the silly stuff I've had occur, he teases and tells me I'm not reassuring him. HA! You're right though, you should be with him afterwards. Maybe you can make it in Oct? And your hubby too? Men never think they need any support, but they usually do a little better with a cheering section too!

Heeeeee! Can't wait until tomorrow night! We'll have to see how this fill is....ha! I'll practice with you guys in public! hahaha! Just kidden...I'll be good.

Good luck Want2bmeagain! You'll be in my heart and prayers tomorrow!

:eek:Hello Everyone!!

I LOVE that man. Had pre op today...he's WONDERFUL!!!! I don't even have to explain why, cuz you already know why! My anxiety has lowered so much I am not even sure if I have it!

Got to visit with StephanieZ tonight in the hotel lobby, and another gentleman from NY who is also getting banded tomorrow. He told me his username on here, but my brain is moving so fast, I forgot it. I will have to find him and ask again! Stephanie looks GREAT! It was wonderful visiting with her!

TOMORROW IS THE DAY~ 14 hours away! woo - hoo! thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!!!

I better get going so that I can experience the joys and memorable times I anticipate with my Dulcolax!B)

I'll check in as soon as I am up to it!!

Hello!

To those of you who suggested the book and offer some questions thank you. I actually went with WLS for Dummies. I wanted to get some reading done prior to my appt and I could not wait to have it deliver from Amazon. The questions were extremely helpful. I actually made a list and had my little book. Not needed he hit all of them

So I had my Dr. consult yesterday. I waited forever, I was ready to walk out. I know he reads the forum so he probably knows who is writing this but I tell you I waited over 2 1/2 hours. At the end and after my conversation with him I know it was worth the wait. Then again, I remembered this week is the begining of the high holidays and he is not going to be there the whole week. I was blessed I was able to get in.

He was very thorough in his explanation. He answered all my questions and actually put my concerns at ease. It is easy to see why a great deal of us are in love with this man. Of course, I am saying anything you don't already know.

So I have consented to proceed with this so I guess I have jumped into the band wagon.

want2bemeagain - I know you won't read this till later but you are in such good hands. I will meet with the ladies for you and take pictures, In the meantime, enjoy the ride

Woofay- In my conversation with the Dr I mentioned he had a great following. He is a bit modest yet he knows. We talked about the forum and it even came up how he saw someone from the forum and perfomed a small procedure. I knew it was you and he mentioned how all went well. It was nice to hear it from him that you were well even before I read your post.

I will make arrangements with the office about scheduling. In the meantime I will join you tonight at Red Robin and look forward to meeting you.

:whoo:

Dr. Kirshenbaum www.lapbandrockies.com

Sept 10, 2007 Dr. consult

Marcy~beautiful ring!!

Stephaniez~I hope you can make one of our RR nights,it would be great to be able to visit with you, we could learn a lot from your experience. Let your hubby kniw that we are thinking about him today, congrats to him!

Want2b~today is your day too....hear from you on the other side!!!

Rosy~WOW!!! you had to wait for 2 1/2 hours...I wonder if there was an emergency or somethin??? you must be a very patient person. Keep us posted on your dates....CONGRATS!!!

Lap~did you get my email? I sent you my drawing...thanks for looking at it.

Dynamo~thanks again for arrranging our RR meetings, your awesome!!! See ya later!

.....remembering 9-11:think

Anita - Glad your port is back up and running with no duct tape!

Marcy - What a beautiful new rock! You look great my dear!!

Marilyn - Congrats on your fill!! I too am nervous for my first off in the distance but I will remember what you said.

Want2B - Thinking of you today - you will do GREAT!

Stephaniez - Let us know how your hubby is doing. He is lucky that you know exactly what to expect and you will take great care of him. My DH tried so hard but every little noise, he was saying "What's wrong???". I tried to prepare him as much as possible!

I'm so bummed for 2 reasons.... 1. I'm missing the excellent weather in Colorado this week and 2. I can't meet you all for dinner tonight. Nuts.

Sounds like RR will be rocking!

See you all at 7 tomight! Sounds like 6 of us - Mal, Woofay, Drews, Rosey, ___???____ and me. Let me know if you are the ??? We love to have everyone who can make it.

I am a firm believer of "meant to be" but I could use a little uplift, just got put on hold by a guy I went out with that I liked.

Michelle

This is a drive-by post with more to come later. I just had to respond quick when I saw Michelle's post,

Dynamo, You are an amazing, beautiful, creative, strong, funny, caring woman. Totally his loss!!!! He will realize this once you have moved on. Men are slow like that sometimes. NEXT!

Ya'll have a blast at RR tonight! Can't wait to see the photos!!

2 hours, 36 minutes to go!:whoo:

Don't need to be at the surgery center for another hour and a half, so thought I'd come visit real quick! I am at the Holiday Inn Select and wonder how many of you have sat at this same computer in the business office!

Hey Rosie, what time were you in the office yesterday?? I wonder if we were in the waiting room at the same time...my appt was at 3:30~ it was almost 5 when we got in the room!

What do you look like?

Ok guys, here I go! I know it will go great! I am in good hands, and I have too many people sending thoughts my way!

talk to you soon!