Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Lap Dancer! What a beautiful daughter and son-in-law you have! Thank you for sharing your pictures. What a lovely cake too. Wow, the board is full of romance today! :love: Even though things didn't exactly go the way you would have liked it to, you still must be very proud. Only 4 weeks until your fill, you can do it! And those extra "mother" pounds will come right off. You'll see! My In Laws will be here the 21st. Thank goodness I'll be fixed by then! Ha! Have a great day! :biggrin1:

Woofay - Good luck!! :clap2:

Want2B - Good luck on Tuesday! :biggrin1: I know you are prepared! Take your pain meds... don't try to be a hero! Honestly the part I was worried about the most was the IV but the staff at Crown Point is amazing! Walk a lot but stop and rest when you need to. I think that has helped me sooo much! I got in a lot of walking at the Denver Zoo!

Lap_dancer - Those pictures are fun! Looks like everyone had a good time. I'm so glad you have a new "sister"! Sometimes family you get to pick is the best, right? :)

Tina - I wanted to say that the liquid under the clear dressings is kinda yucky, but I have 3 that have dried up already. It is normal!!! Honest!! Dr. K said they were looking great. Don't look at them if you don't want to, but maybe DH will just peek once a day just to make sure they aren't infected. I know my port incision will be the last to dry up, that one is pretty liquidy, but it will be absorbed when it is ready. Glad to hear that you are getting back to "Tina" because you are off the clears. I was getting pretty tired of the Isopure drinks myself, but I think getting a lot of Protein was a key. Last night after we got home from the airport, I cracked open my carton of creamy potato leek Soup and I was in heaven! Oh and I had a can of Tomato juice on the plane and I knew I was on a roll! :bounce:

It seems like several of us will be in Dr. K's office tomorrow. I have my first fill at 1:45pm. Thanks michelle for responding to my questions about fills. If anyone else has input I can sure use it. How is the amount of fill decided. Will I be able to eat anything if I come to Red Robin on Tuesday??? Will it hurt.

Want2be good luck you will do great. Just remember, I wanted to leave and I am so glad I didnt. It has only been 4 weeks and I really can't remember much, which might be age, you never know.

There is so much happening on this thread I can't remember who to respond to about what. But the wedding reception and the romantic get away for anniversary, WOW. Hope we can plan our next REd Robin when Lap is in town, she is my hero.

Marilyn

Woof~I just wanted to drop in and let you know that I will be thinking about youl today. Post as soon asyou can and letus know how things went.

Lap~I LOVE your pictures!!! Your daughter is beautiful and what a handsome soilder!!! I am a sucker for a man in a uniform....it wasn't that long ago that my hubby wore the same uniform...awwwww

Happy Monday Ladies and gents!!!

Hey Beautiful people:

thought for the day

Listening

As we learn to listen to our Higher Power, we also learn to listen with more awareness to others and ourselves. Being willing to spend time alone, in quiet, is essential to listening. We often fear silence and being alone, and we escape into distractions and busy work.

Prayer is not so much telling and asking as it is listening. Prayer in this sense may be practiced continually during the day. By taking Step Three, we are giving up our will and becoming receptive to the will of our Higher Power. We focus less on our egotistical concerns and more on God, as we understand Him. That understanding grows through listening.

By listening, we become aware of needs, feelings, and responses within ourselves, which we had previously ignored. Knowing ourselves better, we are more direct and honest with others and more responsive to them. The communication which develops with our Higher Power is on a level deep enough to relate us more meaningfully to everyone around us.

I will listen today to Your voice.

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Self-approval

Most of us want to be liked. We want other people to think of us as nice, friendly, kind, and loving. Most of us want the approval of others.

Since childhood, some of us have been trying to get approval, trying to get people to like us and think highly of us. We may be afraid people will leave us if they disapprove of our actions. We may look for approval from people who have none to give. We may not know that we're lovable now and can learn to approve of ourselves.

In order to live happily, to live consistently with the way our Higher Power wants us to live, and to tap into a way of life that is in harmony with the universe, we need to let go of our extreme need for approval. These unmet needs for approval and love from our past give others control over us today. These needs can prevent us from acting in our best interest and being true to ourselves.

We can approve of ourselves. In the end, that's the only approval that counts.

Today, I will let go of my need for approval and my need to be liked. I will replace them with a need to like and approve of myself. I will enjoy the surprise I find when I do this. The people who count, including myself, will respect me when I am true to myself.

Thanks Lap!

want2beme~I hope your trip here is going smoooothly. The weather has turned and today it is brrrrrrr cold. Tomorrow is the big day!!!! Well wishes for good day!!!

Hi, Gals! I'm home and in great shape. It went easily. Or at least I think it did....heehee. I don't remember anything. I wasn't put under, but I was nicely sedated! My port area is a bit sore, but nothing unmanagable. Dr. K said he found the leak and now I have new plumbing! (no duct tape!) The nurses at Health South were very nice also.

Can't wait until tomorrow night. At this point, there is no reason for me not to be there!

Talk to you all soon!

:eek::car::clap::car:;):car::car::car::car:

Come one - come all to Red Robin (on the corner of Yosemite and Arapahoe, just west of I25 and Arapahoe) on September 11 at 7 pm.

Please respond if you are coming so we get enough seats!

:car::car::car::car::car::car::car::car::car:

Now for a more regular post!

Hi guys!

lap - you are making progress, when was the last time that you were so acutely aware of binging because of your feelings. Seeing it, feeling it, acknowledging it - you are healing. What beautiful pics. I wanna cute guy like that! Amazing, I didn't say the cake, which was beautiful.

mal - I haven't heard much lately. Are you ok? You were very stressed, me too. I think it is season of stress and money woes. Hope you are there tomorrow, I wanna a hug.

woofay - ok girl, you will be well on the way to being "fixed" when you read this. Hope it was smooth and easy. I expect to see you at Red Robin.

Mare - come on girl, you need to get out. It isn't about the food, it is about the companionship and going "public" that you are commited to your health. I'd personally love to meet you. ( PS - I usually get Soup because it goes down easier when I am excited and talking a lot. I think I swallow too much air when I talk and gulp.)

All the rest of you out there - please come, this support only works if you show up.

Hugs

Michelle

Woofay - our emails passed in cyberspace. Great going! I'm so glad it wasn't an ordeal for you. You deserve a working band sans leaks. We will be waiting at Red Robin will bells on.

Hugs,

Michelle

Well I got my fill. I was scared, but as usual Mary and Dr. K put me at ease. For those who have questions about how Dr. K does fills. I will give a little summary.

First he locates the port with fingers and then used the sonogram to verify. Cleans the area well with Betadine. Then sticks the needle in to where he thinks the port is. A little giggling around with the needle to make sure it is in the port. (That is not bad, but not comfortable). Then when he is sure he is in the port he adds an amount of saline to start. You then sit up with the needle still inserted and has you drink a small cup of Water. If you feel it, (the ole pressure in your chest) then he waits to see how long it takes for the feeling to go away. If too rapidly he adds a bit more until he thinks the timing between drinking and the pressure being released is about right.

What I love is his direction to come back in a month, but earlier if it gets too loose or sooner if it is too tight. I really like his flexiblity.

Marilyn

who survived first fill, needlephobic and all.:eek::D:D

Drews - yes, the have french onion soup...had it right after surgery. It's good, but they PILE cheese on top so it only amounts to about 1/2 cup of soup...you could ask that they not put ALL the cheese on...