Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Good Morning All!

Well, I am afraid I have yet another weight loss setback....

I'm pregnant!!! :clap2:

I just found out yesterday. Baby is due June 9th!!

Wish us well!! This should be a fun journey with all of you to share it with!

(I already have one daughter, she's 23 months)

Congratulations Shesha!! That's wonderful news for you!!

What a wonderful setback if you have to have one. :clap2::preggers:

YEAHHHH !!!!

Hello all!! I have been lurking around for awhile and not posting much... I will be starting my pre-op diet in 2 more days and hitting the road at the same time for the trip back home to Colorado for the surgery on the 16th...

Mal..... Great pictures of the great outdoors of Colorado... It brings a tear to my eyes when I see the beauty of it all... I am sooo homesick and sooo looking forward to coming back home..

Want2be.... So glad to hear you are doing much better from your surgery.... I heard that color Sunday on the 23rd of September was fabulous on the Grand Mesa... We would go to there every year to see the fall colors and have the dinner at the Community Center in Mesa. Have you been to it? It's lots of fun... Also, I'm looking forward to meeting you at Dr K's office on the 15th....

Lap Dancer.... Maybe we can schedule the November Red Robin get together while you are in Colorado... I will be there then and I would love to meet everyone....

Shesha.... Congratulations on your pregnancy... That is great and I'm looking forward to you sharing your journey with us...

Blessing to all of the others I have missed and hope you all have a great weekend...

AWWWW!! Way to go mommy! Congratulations to your June bundle.

Good Morning All!

LAP DANCER

I've been drinking some diet coke and with each swollow my stomach hurts like it does when I eat too much. It must be the carbonation in it?

THANKS.

I don't drink soda that much but heard it was a no no. I couldn't really figure out why so...the acid? not sure if there is a chemical reaction in the stomach but I'm getting the bigger picture now.

Woo-Hoo!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, SHESHA!!

:preggers:

CANT WAIT TO MEET YOU NICNAKNUT! HAVE A FUN TRIP!

Hello everyone!

So, tonight is the first night that I really felt like I was on an eating frenzy. I waited way too long to eat something, and felt starving...could I have a Protein shake...no. How about some cottage cheese? Nah. Maybe a scrambled egg?....sick of those. Ok, try a small bowl of refried Beans with melted cheese...too..well...boring.

So, what did Miss, I have been doing so good, Kelly do?

Drove to KFC, then came home and devoured a chicken thigh and the skin!!!!!!!! Is is supposed to go down THAT easy? I chewed really good, and had no problems...but, good grief, KFC for godsake????

Please tell me that after fills it won't be so easy...I mean, a tad bit of physical discomfort to remind me..or something!!!!

:decision:

So, dusting off the layer of remorse, and pressing on. That's what I'm supposed to do...

right???

:rose:

Don't beat yourself up. Yeah, it's that easy. It's called the discovery that I can eat things that are still bad for me and it happens to the best of us. I was just as shocked to learn the same and equally plaqued with guilt and disgust. I think that was why Dr. K had talked about people who still found ways to eat the things they weren't suppose to before my surgery.

I told myself to kick it back a notch, regroup, analyze what I did wrong...and you did too...waited to long to eat...yes. That is my downfall too.

You did the right thing post that chicken frenzy. KFC evil den.

Woo-Hoo!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, SHESHA!!

:preggers:

CANT WAIT TO MEET YOU NICNAKNUT! HAVE A FUN TRIP!

Hello everyone!

So, tonight is the first night that I really felt like I was on an eating frenzy. I waited way too long to eat something, and felt starving...could I have a Protein shake...no. How about some cottage cheese? Nah. Maybe a scrambled egg?....sick of those. Ok, try a small bowl of refried Beans with melted cheese...too..well...boring.

So, what did Miss, I have been doing so good, Kelly do?

Drove to KFC, then came home and devoured a chicken thigh and the skin!!!!!!!! Is is supposed to go down THAT easy? I chewed really good, and had no problems...but, good grief, KFC for godsake????

Please tell me that after fills it won't be so easy...I mean, a tad bit of physical discomfort to remind me..or something!!!!

:decision:

So, dusting off the layer of remorse, and pressing on. That's what I'm supposed to do...

right???

:rose:

Shesha! Yeah! A new baby! Congrats! I'm so happy for you! What did your obgyn say about your band? Do you need to be unfilled? 9 months feels like FOREVER when your pregnant, but in the world of weight loss, its just a drop in the hat! Feed a healthy little baby and worry about weight loss next summer. You and your hubby must be sooo thrilled!:whoo::hug::preggers:

Want2bme~ Don't stress! We've all done it. You haven't had a fill yet! Pretty much everything is going to go through. (Doh! I didn't say that!) You may have fried potatoes and fluffy bread give you issues right now, and that's about it. This is called Bandster Hell. When you get filled, things will change for you. And when you get filled to your sweet spot, things will really change. I went into last supper mode during this time. (with my leak, I went into this every month! ha!) Too bad we can't get a band for our heads, huh? Squeeze all those bad habits outta there! You'll do great, don't worry!

I guess its going to be like quitting smoking. I quit 8 years ago and there are still times I think of them. My grandma had quit for 30 years and said she still thought about them with her morning coffee. Guess its just what we decide to do and not act on it.

Hang in there and remember, we all have our moments. food has been our feel good for so long. {mmmmmmm fried chicken.....:hungry:}

WANT2BMEAGAIN

I'm going through something similair. I eat too much (it's soo easy to get down) afterwards the pain stage kicks in. Then I worry about messing up my band.

I can really tell that I'm an emotional eater.

Also haven't started the excersizes yet. Promised myself that today I will do it all different. (Kentucky fried, ymm..I'd have devored the whole meal)

Also I found out where that 'super taster' article is. It's in a book called 'YOU: ON A DIET.' (a wonderful book for anyone who wants to know what is going on in their bodies when it comes to food.)

I'll get that page scanned and post it. I have to set up my scanner and will hopfully do that later today.

I found this on the web

Around 35% of women are super-tasters, compared with just 15% of men, US research has shown.

The study found some people are born with more taste buds than others, meaning they are better able to distinguish between tastes.

While those with too few taste buds may not be able to tell the difference between cheap plonk and fine wines, those with more taste buds are more likely to become professional chefs or wine tasters.

Now there is a taste bud test people can do at home, based on the Yale University research.

Pink dots

To test your taste buds, you need some blue food colouring, a piece of paper with a 7mm-wide hole punched through it, and a magnifying glass.

Swab some of the food colouring onto the tip of your tongue. The tongue will take up the dye, but the papillae, tiny structures that house the taste buds, will stay pink.

start_quote.gifSuper-tasters perceive all tastes as more intense than do tasters and non-tasters end_quote.gif

Professor Linda Bartoshuk, Yale University

Put the piece of paper on the front part of the tongue and, using the magnifying glass, count how many pink dots are inside the hole.

Fewer than 15 papillae mean you are an insensitive "non-taster", between 15 and 35 indicates an average "taster" and over 35 papillae then you are a "super-taster".

The US research, led by Professor Linda Bartoshuk, suggested around a quarter of the population are non-tasters, 50% tasters, and the rest super-tasters.

Laboratory tests used a solution of 6-propylthiouracil, a thyroid medication known as PROP.

Some people noticed nothing, others found the taste bitter, and others found it extremely unpleasant.

But PROP is a prescription-only drug, so the researchers suggest using food colouring for an at-home test.

Education

Professor Bartoshuk said: "Super-tasters perceive all tastes as more intense than do tasters and non-tasters."

Catherine Lowe, managing editor of Wine magazine which published details of the research, told BBC News Online: "People are recognised as being able to taste differently.

"Some people are very, very good and others are just average, so we wanted to look at the science behind it."

But she said it was still possible for would-be wine tasters to educate their palate. "You can learn. But for some people, it is easier than for others."

LAP DANCER

Yep that is it an dhere is another test.

Mix a packet of Sweet'N Low saccharin into 2/3 rds cup of Water. Taste the water. You'll taste a mix of bitter and sweet. If sweet is dominant then you are probably and undertaster. If bitter is Dominant you are a supertaster.

If it's a tie than you are like the rest of us.

Good Morning All!

Congrats!!!

Hi Everybody!

Shesha - Congrats! Our own band baby, I like it.

About the eater's remorse - man I go there a lot. It is part of the "head band" that Woofay so cleverly talked about. It is the pattern of not eating regularly, then overeating and/or indulging, then beating ourselves up with guilt and remorse. Even after the band, and a good fill, I am still battling this cycle. It is part of who I am as an overeater. Sometimes I hate the band because I can't grab, gulp, swallow fast and forget my troubles. Not that this EVER really worked, but I pretended that it did. So as this is a stressful week I hear my therapist saying, "Michelle be kind to yourself," my trainer saying, "Come on, you can do it." and I just feel schizophrenic bouncing between the positive thinking and knowing I can and the overwhelming I do need to be nice to myself to cope with the stress. Perhaps being nice means not overeating, but doing other good stuff, but patterns are hard to break.

Hugs to all,

Michelle

PS - Wish me luck on my audit, October 3.