Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Well, I actually lost a pound after chasing that cow with a fork and knife at my mom's...gawd, I could never be a vegetarian!

Get home tonight, had roasted chicken, gnocchi, and veggies~ but, good grief, I am able to put down WAY MORE than the first two weeks, but about 1/2 of pre banding days...I am going to have to start being real careful here, and I hope my first fill clamps down on when I get full! Please tell me it will~

Just so I make it official:

RR, Oct. 15th....

who's in??

Please, please if you can make it to both meetings, please do so we can all be graced with each other's presence...it means a lot!

I am going to try and attach a pic of Kat and I..you have probably read lots of her posts on the board

hopefully, next pic, I will actually look like I have lost weight!

post-222193-13813135585311_thumb.jpg

Anyone going to be at Dr. K's this afternoon. I will be there about 2:30pm. for my second fill. I just had a bad pb so I hope that doesnt mess up my fill.

I can probably make both dates for Red Robin. The fun of an empty nest. Michelle you said the Red Robin at Arapahoe and I-25 Correct.

Also, a reponse about the med cost. I filled my prescriptions at costco for about $80.

Marilyn

Here I am just after doing the Race For the Cure on Saturday. In memory of my mother, lost her 21 years ago. The Hawaiian flag in honor of her, the pink jfunky glasses...don't ya' just love em???

I can make both RR dates!

Raceforthecure2007006.jpg

Thanks tied2bfit! I hope to see you out there next year, it is truly an amazing experience, very humbling!

okay, I have been palying around on Photobucket and I think I learned how to resize my pictures...lets see it this works????

Here are some more Yurt pictures..

th_Yurts2007205.jpg

th_Yurts2007297.jpgfire pit

th_Yurts2007202.jpgCountry Roads

th_Yurts2007187.jpgth_Yurts2007151.jpgMy Buster

Hi Dee~LOL!!! My pictures went from being way too big and now they are tiney...oh well, I'll just keep trying.

My goal is to be able to run the race...I did the 5k in one hour this year (my feet are feeling it too).

My pink glasses are from a Disco party costume...LOL, I found them at a costume rental place (the one on Chambers and Hampden). They have the coolest stuff in there. My son rented some plat form shoes with gold fish and Water in the heels!! They were hysterical!!!

Have a GREAT evening everyone..I am off to help my cousin move...who needs a gym when you have family and friends that need help moving?!?!?

Hello Friends!! Mal those pictures are just divine!!! Thank you for sharing a little bit of Colorado and the fall. I'll be there one month from TODAY!!

I'm staying at the Doubletree Hotel in Aurora. My appt. is on the 9th at 9 PM.

Can't wait!

I've got some odd pain happening here. What is helping is Metamucil and Gas-X.

I found my stomach was puffing like a puffer fishPufferFish1.jpg

The GAX-X is nipping that right in the bud.

The diverticulitis is being aided by Metimamucil. My stomach is calming down and GOING DOWN which I appreciate.

I am back on toddler dinners for a meal replacement/meal (protein oriented) and then I ease into food during the day.

If you have a Walgreens, their GOLDS brand Protein Bars are on sale buy one get one and the Propell Water is $1 a bottle limit 6 (the big size). I'm feeling better though.

Let's get together!!! I'm counting on it people. Really! I need that love and support and hugs from you all...please lets try and do a gathering for November.

Literature Catalog

This is a link to Overeaters anonymous things. I haven't found anything that wasn't useful.

Therapy is still going great but I'm still shoveling manure. I know that I FEEL better though. Mentally I'm starting to come through the hazy part of the fog.

From the Alcoholics Anonymous BIG BLUE BOOK Chapter 5 (which is used with Overeaters Anonymous)

WISDOM

“Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path.

Those who do not recover are people who cannot

or will not completely give themselves to this simple program.”

The AABB, Chapter 5

I always believed that I had to control every aspect of my life or I would be a “less-than” person. This attitude even crept into my attempts to learn the art of watercolor still life and portraits. Even my art could not escape the effects of my character defects! In order to learn something new, I have to be willing to follow the rules of the very thing I want to learn. I shared this with an experienced artist and best friend, “I find myself still wanting to control the outcome of the colors.”

“Isn’t that the way we try to control our lives? She replied. “Drop the paint where you want it to go, then drop the second color into that one and let it go! You can take your brush and guide it, but don’t mess with it!”

My life is like learning to watercolor. I have to trust that doing the footwork of recovery as others have done will bring about a beautiful portrait of growth in recovery.

One day at a time...

I will do the footwork by making good choices, letting each build upon the other, and I will stand back to see what God will create.

~ Sharon

Red Robin is one block west of the I25 and Arapahoe interchange. It is on Yosemite. (not the one by Park Meadows)

7 pm tomorrow night!

Mal - you look so cool in those glasses. We should get a band together group for next year, but I really want the sun glasses otherwise I won't do it. I don't think I can run, but I can surely walk it.

Woofay - can you arrange to be there?

Drew - can you take off the skates for a minute and join us?

Marilyn - can you come both nights?

Fit2be - sorry I am not on the right screen to get your name perfect, but you know, please come.

Hugs,

Michelle

Tied2BFit - sorry I mangled your name. Come join us, just realize it is at a different RR than you thought.

Lap - Can't wait to see you next month. Hugs, sweetie.

Good morning LB buddies!

Dynamo~how are things? Have things settled with the IRS? What a draining experience it must be. My cousin was battling with the IRS just last week...Long story short, the lady had the nerve to tell my cousin that she was rude and hung up on her!

Dee~Looking forward to meeting you tonight!

Lap~Looking forward to seeing you next month!

Woof~are you going to be there tonight?

Marcy~how are things in Alaska?

Shesha~How your first trimester going?

Drews~hope to see you tonight too!

gotta run...have a Powerful Day!!!

So...just got back from Anchorage...I didn't have good access to the internet and I don't have the time/patience to read everything that I've missed...I hope nothing BIG, but if there was something big I expect that someone will fill me in.

So I had my second fill on Wed. afternoon. Put another 1.0 cc in = 2.5cc. I didn't feel any restriction and that afternoon I was able to eat a baked potato and small salad (Wendy's has internet access so I was there for a few minutes checking some email.) :huytsaoI called him and said that I'd like more so I went back in on Fri. and got another .5 cc put in. he did a check and pulled it all out to make sure there wasn't a leak and it all looked good. :)So now I HAVE RESTRICTION! And GOOD restriction at that!

I was getting a little jealous that everyone was only eating a little bit and I could eat...well, more than that. So now I've been cut off! Now, I just have to get over the "head hunger"! :hungry:I had lunch with a friend the other day and we had chicken legs and salad. I got through the salad, had two bites of chicken and got stopped up! I had a real hard time with having food still on my plate and I hadn't eaten that much! I even picked at it for about 15 minutes, but just got more and more uncomfortable so finally I stopped. Carbonation doesn't bother me though (tried a diet Coke yesterday and was fine, but I didn't drink it fast either).

So, maybe I'm on my way? We'll see. I head off for my cruise in a few weeks and I definitely won't feel all sexy, but definitely better about myself.:biggrin1:

OH.....NSV! I went to get some jeans (mine are FALLING off of me) and I had to go down TWO sizes! It was AMAZING! I felt good having to go back to the racks for a SMALLER size!:clap2::whoo:

Ladies... I am going to TRY to be there tonight. I am dealing with some personal shit right now and I'm not sure if I can make it or not.

If I don't make it... know that I am cheering each and every one of you hot mama's on!

Mal - It's cold here....has snowed a bit this past week...all melted now and muddy, but I'll take it! We should have snow that "sticks" by next week. It's been around the 30's this past week and I'm expecting it to just get colder and colder! I'll have to dust off the treadmill!