Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

MEATLOAF!!!! :mad:

Here's a recipe from Cooking Light that is our go-to for turkey meatloaf:

http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=665201

Here's another one that we made just recently, Barbecue Meatloaf:

http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1160599

Cooking Light.com has a ton of meat loaf recipes. We've made a few others and they have all been good, but the above two are the ones we make most often.

Maria

Thanks!!!! My mouth is watering!!!!

Hey all...

For those of you who have read my b*tching and complaining...well - it's over (hopefully for good). Yesterday I hit rock bottom, and there was no where to go but up. Seemed that 11 a.m. yesterday I just said "Self, we're going to get well". I forced Water down, cottage cheese, boullion - MADE myself sip sip sip sip for hours. Not one pain pill. I swear it was the gas pain in the back that was really doing a number on me. Anyway, last night I felt like 'me'...just different.

Woke up this a.m., thought I was ok. Went for my a.m. glass of apple juice, had the Protein Shake - then WHOA! Didn't feel too good. Didn't drink for a few hours, as the 'pain the back' returned. Realized that I must be very restricted in the a.m., and I have to be careful. I was actually able to go out and about today! Mom brought me to CVS, where I dropped a ton of $ on 'stuff'...out of boredom at home all this time.

Anyway, I hope that I continue to improve and feel better. Thanks to all who have given me such great advice. You're right; it did get better!:clap2:

<!-- / message -->

Yeah!!! I am so glad to hear you are feeling better!!!:clap2:

Sherrilynn -- so glad you are feeling better!

lapbandhopeful -- Congrats on the 11 pounds. It's nice for motivation, isn't it? My abs hurt for 2 weeks, so hang in there! I still get a little pull on my left side if I twist or reach too much. Got to be careful! :mad:

Sherrilynn -- so glad you are feeling better!

lapbandhopeful -- Congrats on the 11 pounds. It's nice for motivation, isn't it? My abs hurt for 2 weeks, so hang in there! I still get a little pull on my left side if I twist or reach too much. Got to be careful! :mad:

Juno610, I have the same pull. My port is on my left side below my breast. Everything else feels fine. I was banded on 1/25/07 and I'm still on liquids. 13 pounds down. I start mushies on Wednesday. I can't wait.

edie

208/195/130:clap2:

For those of you who have read my b*tching and complaining...well - it's over (hopefully for good)....Anyway, I hope that I continue to improve and feel better. Thanks to all who have given me such great advice. You're right; it did get better!

<!-- / message -->

Sherilynn, that's great news. You'll feel even better in a couple of weeks.

Hey gaks,,

had my first PB today...I have been released to slowly introduce normal foods, and was doing good, until I tried a peice of rye toast w/ peanut butter...ug..felt like I was having a heart attack. It was awful..but glad to know my band is working like it should..had my first glass of wine today too...and rode my horse..a day of firsts...I will not miss mushies, thank you very much!

I feeling depressed. I am excited that everybody is doing so well, but my surgery was on the 22nd and I have only lost six pounds. I must b doing something wrong. I realized that ensure was the wrong thing to do. I can't drink slimfast it makes me sick. I do not want to have went through all that discomfort for nothing. my first fill in is march I don't feel like I have any restrictions. please pray for me because I want to get out of this depression.

I feeling depressed. I am excited that everybody is doing so well, but my surgery was on the 22nd and I have only lost six pounds. I must b doing something wrong. I realized that ensure was the wrong thing to do. I can't drink slimfast it makes me sick. I do not want to have went through all that discomfort for nothing. my first fill in is march I don't feel like I have any restrictions. please pray for me because I want to get out of this depression.

Okay, first of all CONGRATULATIONS ON 6LBS LOST! That is GREAT. Be proud of what you have done. But please realize everyone loses at a different pace, only our own bodies can tell us when we will lose. I was feeling down myself last week, I GAINED A pound. But, you just have to shrug it off and move on.

Remember, the most important thing about the first 6 weeks is HEALING, not losing. If you lose anything in the first six weeks, its a bonus. Hang in there and you will start to see some results, especially once you hit that "sweet spot".

Hey all...

For those of you who have read my b*tching and complaining...well - it's over (hopefully for good). Yesterday I hit rock bottom, and there was no where to go but up. Seemed that 11 a.m. yesterday I just said "Self, we're going to get well". I forced Water down, cottage cheese, boullion - MADE myself sip sip sip sip for hours. Not one pain pill. I swear it was the gas pain in the back that was really doing a number on me. Anyway, last night I felt like 'me'...just different.

Woke up this a.m., thought I was ok. Went for my a.m. glass of apple juice, had the Protein Shake - then WHOA! Didn't feel too good. Didn't drink for a few hours, as the 'pain the back' returned. Realized that I must be very restricted in the a.m., and I have to be careful. I was actually able to go out and about today! Mom brought me to CVS, where I dropped a ton of $ on 'stuff'...out of boredom at home all this time.

Anyway, I hope that I continue to improve and feel better. Thanks to all who have given me such great advice. You're right; it did get better!:clap2:

<!-- / message -->

Yay! I'm glad you're feeling better! The gas pain is the worse feeling in the world! Don't run yourself out too tired. I worked for 8 hours yesterday and I'm in a lot of pain, so my advice is take it easy for a while, I should listen to my own advice, I'm working another 8 hours today :mad:

Everyone keep up the good work! I'm so proud of my January Bandsters!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Purpose... as Sunshine said, and as my clinic says, "If you lose anything in the first six weeks, its a bonus". Be patient and feel better.

Chin up, my friend! I lost 10 the week immediately following surgery, but I haven't lost an ounce since. Have you started mushies yet? It's seems so wierd to me that even eating 800-1500 cals a day, I am still not losing anything. When I start to get discouraged, I just remind myself that I am healing right now. Plus, I trust my surgeon and if she says it's ok, then it's ok. I'll keep you in my prayers!

I understand where you are coming from. I lost 25 punds almost immediately and have gained a couple back and am at a standstill. And I am thinking, how can I be eating so little and not losing weight! But i am trying to have a good attitude and remember that in 6 months I will be a different person, and try to get rid of that quick weightloss mentality and remember that this is no longer a diet where I will lose a few and then gain and then lose a few more, etc, but that this is my life now, a better life, and keep remembering that it won't be long until everyone will see a difference. But it is good to know that it's not just us!

Love,

Lee

Start 236

Current 215

Goal 135

Dr. Kirshenbaum

Denver, CO www.lapbandrockies.com

Find something to get you out of your depression!!! Been there...done that. Was feeling down because the scales aren't moving and haven't for over 2 weeks, had some restriction from surgery but that is now gone and I get hungry an hour or two after eating. Was feeling really down and having a continuous pity party! Then this morning was putting clothes away, saw a swimming suit I purchased at the end of the season last year (bought the biggest size which didn't even come close to fitting me!!) and tried it on. OH MY GOSH!!!! I was parading around the house in the thing!!! Husband was laughing and saying that he sure was glad I found something to break the downers!!

Guess what I'm saying, like everyone else, is each body is different, your still in a healing phase so take your time, try not to look at the scales!

Something else that helps is breaking up the amount you want to lose over the next year into weeks or months. Example....I want to lose 100 pounds the first year, that's 8.3 pounds a month. I've already lost 20 pounds in 6 weeks without a fill!

Or another thing....picture in your head that each 3#'s you've lost is another can of Crisco!!!!! I've already lost 6.6 cans of Crisco...uuuugggh!

Good luck and my prayers are with ya!