Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

I was banded last Tuesday, Aunt Flo was supposed to arrive on Thursday (I'm like clockwork b/c of the BCP). Well, she barely made an appearance - I'm talking a drop. Then she was gone. Makes me a little concerened, but I know that anesthesia can do that sort of thing.

As for the crying - You're talking to the Queen. This past week; I just cry for no reason. I feel like such a big baby.

Oh, I must add that the first time after surgery that I sung publicly was with my choir, or rather the adult choir. I thought I needed to point this out for two reasons.

First, this choir's "activity" level while singing is extremely low end in comparison to the youth.

Second, I had no solos, and could die down when I needed to knowing I was covered by the rest of my section. When, I think about it, I did it a couple of times.

Once again, two weeks out...when the youth were singing, I was fine - maybe not as active as normal, but fine.

Okay beautiful January Bandsters, I've got a question for all of you. So it looks like I'll be banded in March... =( I'm wondering how long before you were able to get up and move around? I'm in a musical right now and we open in March and then run for 3 possibly 4 weeks. I sing a lot in the show (a lot of movement in the tummy area) and I have a solo tap number. If I have the surgery on a Monday morning, will I be ready to go on Thursday evening? I know I can "mark it" so to speak and not do everything full out but am I jeopardizing my band or my health? I'm 20 years old and I heal really fast but I'm still concerned. Your thoughts please. Thanks!

Love, Sheila

I know by day 4 I was up and running around doing all my regular stuff, but a 4 week musical may be a challenge.

I would consider postponing it till after the musical.

I know in my first weeks I had to literally be sipping a water bottle to make sure I didn't get dehydrated. I was told by someone that got dehydrated at a suppport group, that she had to have an unfill, but since I had no fill and if I got dehydrated, I could lose my band and have to have it cut off!!! If I got dehydrated my stomach would swell around the band. I have heard it on the boards too.

You also have to be drinking small amounts of Soups, yogurts, etc. My post of was 3 weeks. I would think if you were in a muscial, you'd be too busy to eat and drink properly.

My final advice, is to tell your doctor and get his opinion. If he thinks it's okay, then you have his medical clearance. And if he says no, then he knows best.

Hope that helps!!

I'm almost 3 weeks out, and just now working my way up to the 64 oz of Water a day. It is really hard, but the longer post op you are, the easier it gets. Also, I had no desiere to eat either until around 9 to 10 days post op. I'm still only eating about 1/2 cup at each meal.

Wow!! You are doing really great! 33 pounds lost forever!!!

Okay beautiful January Bandsters, I've got a question for all of you. So it looks like I'll be banded in March... =( I'm wondering how long before you were able to get up and move around? I'm in a musical right now and we open in March and then run for 3 possibly 4 weeks. I sing a lot in the show (a lot of movement in the tummy area) and I have a solo tap number. If I have the surgery on a Monday morning, will I be ready to go on Thursday evening? I know I can "mark it" so to speak and not do everything full out but am I jeopardizing my band or my health? I'm 20 years old and I heal really fast but I'm still concerned. Your thoughts please. Thanks!

Love, Sheila

Everyone is so different, but I would truly give yourself a full 2 weeks. I didn't feel like moving until around the 10th day. And I went to the gym on Monday which is about 2 1/2 weeks post op, I did 30 min on the treadmill at a 2.7 mph pace, and last night I was in tremendous amount of pain. I ended up taking a pain pill and sleeping with heating pad. I couldn't figure out why all of a sudden so much pain, but it finally hit me, "The treadmill", so, you don't want to overdue it too soon.

Well, I am 1 week post surgery today. The horrible gas pains are finally gone and I am feeling almost normal. Getting hungry now, but have only been able to manage 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food.

Now I am scared that my appetite will get out of control..I think I will get a copy of the South Beach Diet that Baby Got Back is on and see how mushies will work. I am on them for another three weeks.

Would like to weigh, but have decided to wait a few more days, as I know I will probably pick up a few pounds now that I am eating again.

don't want to have to deal with seeing that.

It seems strange to me that I am really banded, I don't feel any different and yet everything is different. Does that make any sense? Anyone else have those feelings.

hey chicas..

I had my first real food today! A chicken soft taco from Del Taco. It was sooo delicious. I just chewed chewed chewed until my jaws ached! Where I would usually eat, no lie, five and gulp down a big ol diet coke, I just ate one and felt pretty damn good..I could tell in my tummy I was full..and I had alot more energy at the end of the day..so one week BANDED~ my post op is on friday. Can anyone tell me what "restriction" feels like? The only way I can explain how I feel after eating is like I have a side ache and it hurts by my port after lunch (2) until I go home(5). I would describe my energy level at about 70 percent right now, and have no energy to go see my horse after I am finished at the office. One day at a time, eh? Audree, do you work? If so, when did you return? Also, at what point did you feel "back to your old self?

hey chicas..

I had my first real food today! A chicken soft taco from Del Taco. It was sooo delicious. I just chewed chewed chewed until my jaws ached! Where I would usually eat, no lie, five and gulp down a big ol diet coke, I just ate one and felt pretty damn good..I could tell in my tummy I was full..and I had alot more energy at the end of the day..so one week BANDED~ my post op is on friday. Can anyone tell me what "restriction" feels like? The only way I can explain how I feel after eating is like I have a side ache and it hurts by my port after lunch (2) until I go home(5). I would describe my energy level at about 70 percent right now, and have no energy to go see my horse after I am finished at the office. One day at a time, eh? Audree, do you work? If so, when did you return? Also, at what point did you feel "back to your old self?

Tracy, good for you. I just did two weeks of liquid and I have one week left. I can't wait to get to mushies. I would love a taco right now. I'm not really hungry but I have a lot of head hunger. I just want to taste something different! I try and mix it up with my Protein Drinks, popsicles, Soup etc. But it is starting to get old.

If anyone has any good ideas for mushies, please let me know.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Edie

banded 1/25/07

208/200/130

I only had to be on mushies one week! * well, supposed to be eight days, I cheated a bit...And did fine..I am sure the chewing is key.

Do you realize ONLY 34 more pounds to go?? That is so fantastic. That is soooo cool. Congratulations!! Yooohooooo!

It's hard to believe! I almost can't believe it!:D:P

I haven't weighed what I way now since before my kids were born, where I'd try to lose weight first to get pregnant.

Well, I am 1 week post surgery today. The horrible gas pains are finally gone and I am feeling almost normal. Getting hungry now, but have only been able to manage 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food.

Now I am scared that my appetite will get out of control..I think I will get a copy of the South Beach Diet that Baby Got Back is on and see how mushies will work. I am on them for another three weeks.

Would like to weigh, but have decided to wait a few more days, as I know I will probably pick up a few pounds now that I am eating again.

don't want to have to deal with seeing that.

It seems strange to me that I am really banded, I don't feel any different and yet everything is different. Does that make any sense? Anyone else have those feelings.

I don't feel banded right now either. I am afraid to test it though and pust the limits. I went straight on South Beach from my liquids, after 3 weeks, and actually lost 3.5 pounds that week to my surprise. I don't feel deprived and loved eating my sugar free fudgesicle today!!:hungry:

hey chicas..

MMMMMM, that taco sounds good! When I had some natural restriction, I'd get this feeling that I can only describe as getting full up to my throat.

I am glad to hear you are doing so well! It took me about 2 weeks to feel back to normal, but totally, totally after adding solids at week 3. Probably because I needed the food for energy.

I don't work, but my husband took a week off to take care of the kids, so I needed a week to rest and get my fluids.

Tracy, good for you. I just did two weeks of liquid and I have one week left. I can't wait to get to mushies. I would love a taco right now. I'm not really hungry but I have a lot of head hunger. I just want to taste something different! I try and mix it up with my Protein drinks, popsicles, Soup etc. But it is starting to get old.

If anyone has any good ideas for mushies, please let me know.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Edie

banded 1/25/07

208/200/130

I had creamy Andersons Split pea soup and my all time favorite was Hormel chili Beans with V8 in my food processor. I even added some nacho cheese to it!! I also made tortilla soup and added cheese!! I was technically on liquids for 3 weeks, so that is why I watered it down with V8, but it tasted GOOD!!!:hungry: