Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Hello everyone! long time no post...I know and I'm sorry...I've just been real busy since surgery had me VERY Sick for the first week!!! but, no worries, I'm back and in full force!!! I've been trying to read all the posts and keeping up is very hard!! It's good to read the good, the not so good, and the scary..Learning experiences are always welcomed!!! For me, this has been a journey full of what ifs, and oh, ok, I understand now! I want to say congratulations to all of you for working so hard and doing such a great job! For those of you who are having some tribulations...I can say this, God does not give anyone a burden that they can not carry, and this too shall pass!!!! believe me...It will pass!!!!! Be patient, strong, and sometimes even a little bit silly....you have to be to get through it!!! Love you guys and I've missed all of you!!!! But like I said...I"MMM BAACCCKKK!!!!

Hello everyone! long time no post...I know and I'm sorry...I've just been real busy since surgery had me VERY Sick for the first week!!! but, no worries, I'm back and in full force!!! I've been trying to read all the posts and keeping up is very hard!! It's good to read the good, the not so good, and the scary..Learning experiences are always welcomed!!! For me, this has been a journey full of what ifs, and oh, ok, I understand now! I want to say congratulations to all of you for working so hard and doing such a great job! For those of you who are having some tribulations...I can say this, God does not give anyone a burden that they can not carry, and this too shall pass!!!! believe me...It will pass!!!!! Be patient, strong, and sometimes even a little bit silly....you have to be to get through it!!! Love you guys and I've missed all of you!!!! But like I said...I"MMM BAACCCKKK!!!!

I missed you!!! I was wondering where you have been?

I am glad to hear you feel better now!

:clap2:

Thanks...:) I missed you too... I'm glad I'm feeling much better!! it was a rocky start..and I even doubted my decision a little (NOT MUCH), but it all worked out...Thanks for the love!!!:kiss2:

GOSH.....you all inspire me! I'm 10 days out...and just miserable. For any of you who have read my posts, I'm just not feeling well. I want to feel good, plan dinners out, heck, I even want to have an appetite! I have no desire for food, Water, Protein Shakes - nothing at all. Funny, isn't it!?? I've done walking around the house, too cold/icy here to go outside. Got on my rebounder just one day and walked for 5 minutes, thought I'd die afterwards. There is definately something to say for taking it easy!!

Well, hopefully I'll head toward my two week mark feeling alot better, by next Tuesday. My first appointment for my after visit with the Doctor is on Wednesday.

Sherrilynn,

Hang in there honey, I felt the same way!!! I was banded on 1-12-07 and felt like I was going to die for the first few days and even doubted my decision, thinking - "I DID THIS TO MYSELF!!!" Now, 4 weeks post-op I am feeling much more 'normal' and even had my first fill yesterday. Those who feel like a million bucks soon after are very lucky! My doctor said everyone heals differently, and that is a very individual thing. It will get better, I promise.

Lynn

Hey band family! Just wanted to check in really quick. I'm working more than usual right now because I'm training to run EEGs. Fun stuff. Anyhoo, I'm doing pretty good -- almost done with week 2 of mushies. I cannot wait to make a meatloaf next week and eat some vegetables in solid form! LOL! My weight is holding steady, which I am glad for.

Later gators!

Maria

Hey band family! Just wanted to check in really quick. I'm working more than usual right now because I'm training to run EEGs. Fun stuff. Anyhoo, I'm doing pretty good -- almost done with week 2 of mushies. I cannot wait to make a meatloaf next week and eat some vegetables in solid form! LOL! My weight is holding steady, which I am glad for.

Later gators!

Maria

MEATLOAF, I love meatloaf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any good recipes? ????:hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

Hey Nella that was my date too! Congrats to you! Hope you're doing well.

And a second yum to the meatloaf comment...I didn't even think about making meatloaf. Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend ;)

MEATLOAF!!!! ;)

Here's a recipe from Cooking Light that is our go-to for turkey meatloaf:

http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=665201

Here's another one that we made just recently, Barbecue Meatloaf:

http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1160599

Cooking Light.com has a ton of meat loaf recipes. We've made a few others and they have all been good, but the above two are the ones we make most often.

Maria

Nella337- Banded 1.23.07:girl_hug:

Hi I was banded the same day. How are you doing? :clap2: I find my weight is at a stand still.

Good morning everyone!

Just wanted to check in, went to the movies last night and I was not tempted at all by all the treats there. Actually I wasn't very hungry since I ate dinner before I got there.

I'm still in my mushie stage and discovered my love of hummus. It's a little high in calories, but tomorrow I ate 424 calories so I guess that's not too bad. How many calories do you guys eat on average? I'm going to start writing what I eat on fitday.com and see what the average is. This is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: 1 Scrambled Egg with mustard

Snack: 1/4 C. Tomato and basil hummus

Lunch: 1/4 C. pureed lobster and scallop bisque

Snack: 1/4 C. tomato and basil hummus

Dinner: 1/4 C. Ricotta cheese w/ 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 packet of splenda.

So far today I've only had a scrambled egg. I'll probably have some applesauce for a snack.< /p>

Have a good day

Maria, thanks for the link! I will definately try the turkey meatloaf recipe!

Hi Kilo, I'm maintaining my weight too. Just saw the nutritionist this week and she gently reminded me the first month is all about healing, not weight loss. She said it's typical to gain 1-5 back as you start to add foods back in. I have a followup on the 20th and hopefully will agree to a fill at that point with my doctor. I'm also going to start walking on the treadmill. I'm rehabing my foot from achilles tendon surgery so I can't run any marathons yet. Don't give up on the process! We're only at the start of the journey. If you doubt the possibilities just keep looking at the tickers from the success stories that surround us! ;)

Maria, thanks for the link! I will definately try the turkey meatloaf recipe!

Hi Kilo, I'm maintaining my weight too. Just saw the nutritionist this week and she gently reminded me the first month is all about healing, not weight loss. She said it's typical to gain 1-5 back as you start to add foods back in. I have a followup on the 20th and hopefully will agree to a fill at that point with my doctor. I'm also going to start walking on the treadmill. I'm rehabing my foot from achilles tendon surgery so I can't run any marathons yet. Don't give up on the process! We're only at the start of the journey. If you doubt the possibilities just keep looking at the tickers from the success stories that surround us! ;)

What kinds of food are you eating now? That meat loaf sounds really good. I think I will try that this week. I have been eating eggs, Pasta, veg Soup, endamamas and Protein drinks.:rose: How do you feel, when you have ate enough?

I've been eating ground beef/turkey with stuff, green Beans, eggs, cottage cheese, oatmeal, some Soups, mash potatoes, Peanut Butter. Primarily I'm supposed to be chewing my food so whatever fits in that category and helps me get my Protein for the day. Officially on Tuesday again I think I can start adding more new stuff and keep on going. I haven't tried any Pasta. What kind are you eating? How's that working for you?

I know that I'll need a fill to help me along the process. Right now I've not experience that 'old' full feeling. I just get another type of feeling that I've had 'enough'. Not really full but definately not hungry. Making sure that each meal lasts at least 15 mins or more helps with that. That's been tough because I've always been a fast eater.

Hey all...

For those of you who have read my b*tching and complaining...well - it's over (hopefully for good). Yesterday I hit rock bottom, and there was no where to go but up. Seemed that 11 a.m. yesterday I just said "Self, we're going to get well". I forced Water down, cottage cheese, boullion - MADE myself sip sip sip sip for hours. Not one pain pill. I swear it was the gas pain in the back that was really doing a number on me. Anyway, last night I felt like 'me'...just different.

Woke up this a.m., thought I was ok. Went for my a.m. glass of apple juice, had the Protein Shake - then WHOA! Didn't feel too good. Didn't drink for a few hours, as the 'pain the back' returned. Realized that I must be very restricted in the a.m., and I have to be careful. I was actually able to go out and about today! Mom brought me to CVS, where I dropped a ton of $ on 'stuff'...out of boredom at home all this time.

Anyway, I hope that I continue to improve and feel better. Thanks to all who have given me such great advice. You're right; it did get better!:clap2:

<!-- / message -->