Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Hi, fellow January bandsters. I keep reading everyone saying "be patient, we are healing, etc" but it appears that most of you have lost significant pounds so far....however, I (like a few others) lost 10 pounds the first 2 weeks and nothing since, so it is very difficult to stay motivated. First fill next week so hopefully, that will help. But the majority of the January bandsters seem to be way ahead of us slow losers.....I'm happy for all of you, but disappointed in my own progress so far.

I admit to cheating a bit on my numbers. I count my starting weight as the weight I was when I started my pre-op diet. I lost 16 during that 4 weeks and an additional 10 after surgery. So, I'm not so ahead of the game either. :confused:

Maria

I like all the ideas about exercise. Bandida -- you are doing awesome!

I started walking on my treadmill 15 minutes a day about 4 days a week. This week I'm trying to increase. I've been using the incline a little to help get my heart rate up -- now I just have to get my duration increased. I'm not allowed to lift weights for a couple more weeks. Can't wait! I love muscles!

I like all the ideas about exercise. Bandida -- you are doing awesome!

I started walking on my treadmill 15 minutes a day about 4 days a week. This week I'm trying to increase. I've been using the incline a little to help get my heart rate up -- now I just have to get my duration increased. I'm not allowed to lift weights for a couple more weeks. Can't wait! I love muscles!

Thanks..like I said, the treadmill was just too much for me :faint: , but I walk in the mall (becuase it's toooo cold to walk outside) and I love it!!! Plus, I get to look at what my wardrobe will be like once I'm down to goal....lol!!! i take pictures and everything..and no I'm not insane....:confused: I just LOVE clothes...

Gigi8 - you got some major will power not weighing. If my family didn't hide the scales, I would be on it 5 to 6 times a day. I become obsessed with it.

Hi Sunshine! I do have alot of will power in general. This is so not like me. When I was on the liquid diet, (years ago) I weighed myself every time I went to the bathroom. I was definetly obsessed! I think that the reason why I've stayed off the scales was because my roomate while I was in the hospital for my band told me that she gained 7-10lbs of Fluid from her surgery. Congrats to you on your great weight loss! You are doing super-Have a good evening-Gigi:)

Hey guys! I am 2 weeks post op and I'm doing well. I went to the gym today and did the eliptical and felt fine Then I did the thigh machine and felt fine as well, but then I bent over to get my keys from the floor and had a really weird pain near my port site! It was really painful! I hope I did not do anything stupid! If anyone has any advice please let me know!:help:

Hi everyone ... i have been reading the post everyday but haven't said much other than my initial hello but i have a question now i'm hoping someone can answer since i'm a late january bander .... SOOO ... today is my 2 wk mark and i've been trying to walk on the treadmill while on my lunch break, but when i do, my port location really starts to ache and and then is sore for the rest of the day ?? When did everyone start excercising ? Am i trying to start too early ? Thanks for the input in advance !!

:)

I had the same problem too. It seems to pull a little. I am 4 weeks out and my 1st 2 times on the eliptical were really hard on my stomach muscles, therefore my port. Today I had very little pulling. So I think we need to give it some time and then just ease through it.

Tomorrow is 3 weeks post-op. After walking a good bit I start hurting in the port area. I noticed it gets better day by day. I guess it will just take time, just do little by little till everything is back to normal. I really feel good and I am ready for my 1st fill.

I was banded 3.5 weeks ago and have port aches. When I am active or working. I have walked on the tread mill for 14 days straight and have now had 2 personal trainer sessions. I am not doing anything for abs yet. Not until I have no port problems.

Anytime! I get emotional too...I think that's why riht after surgery I couldn;t stop crying and I would cry for any little thing....do you kno wthat I balled because my son pulled out a plant from my get well basket!! I was in hysteria!!! lol!! I can laugh now, but it wasn't funny then....:)

I didn't feel like that right away, but I feel like that now!!!

Sunshine,

I had my surgery 1/31. I posted on this thread awhile back but have not posted recently.

Thanks,

Amelia

Hello, I am new to this site and I am happily banded. My surgery was 1/24/07 I am almost 3 weeks post-op and doing well.

Welcome! I've added you to the master list. Our list are usually updated in the forum on Mondays.

Sunshine,

I had my surgery 1/31. I posted on this thread awhile back but have not posted recently.

Thanks,

Amelia

Sorry I missed you, you are now officially added to the master list. I send emails out on Monday to Angy (Jen) to edit her first post, so next week you should be on the list in this thread.

Welcome!

Hey guys! I am 2 weeks post op and I'm doing well. I went to the gym today and did the eliptical and felt fine Then I did the thigh machine and felt fine as well, but then I bent over to get my keys from the floor and had a really weird pain near my port site! It was really painful! I hope I did not do anything stupid! If anyone has any advice please let me know!:help:

Well, you probably over did it a bit. I know when I walked on the treadmill, I was swinging my arms and doing it at an incline, then the next day I had horrible pain in my port area. It lasted for about 3 days.

Just take it slowwwww.

I admit to cheating a bit on my numbers. I count my starting weight as the weight I was when I started my pre-op diet. I lost 16 during that 4 weeks and an additional 10 after surgery. So, I'm not so ahead of the game either. :)

Maria

Maria - how can that be cheating? You lost the weight, so YOU deserve to count it. I know I am counting every pound I lose! Pre-op and all! I've worked hard for it and by Gawd, I'm counting it! LOL.

And, anything you lose BEFORE surgery, you darn sure are ahead of the game! Congrats, your doing great!