Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

I had my first fill yesterday and it went just fine....

The fill did not hurt. She placed the needle, and put in 1.2cc into my 10cc band. I then stood up at fluoroscope and drank some barium and watched the action on the screen. It went very slow through the band, so the PA took out .2cc because I asked to not be too aggressive. I am self pay and do not want to PB or slime or risk a slip or pouch dilation, thus I am taking the conservative approach....I still can feel content with a small amount if I chew a lot and eat slowly. The full feeling last a bit longer than before, but I noticed it more this morning.

Terry,

I'm scheduled for a fill tomorrow and the part that scares me is the barium swallow. How bad was it? I tend to vomit if I try to swallow something that tastes horrible (like Alka Seltzer and Pepto Bismol). What do you think my chances are of being able to tolerate the barium?

Sorry about your computer problems. Getting a backup hard drive is a good idea.

Terry,

I'm scheduled for a fill tomorrow and the part that scares me is the barium swallow. How bad was it? I tend to vomit if I try to swallow something that tastes horrible (like Alka Seltzer and Pepto Bismol). What do you think my chances are of being able to tolerate the barium?

Did you do an upper GI before the band? If so, I believe its the same stuff you drink for that.

Hi Everyone,

I have a question, is anyone else concerned because they seem to be at a standstill in weightloss? I have been on lots of diets and always lost weight on a weekly basis. I am eating less than ever and my weightloss is totally at a standstill. I know we are healing but it kind of makes me wonder what is going on... My diet is usually 2 scramble eggs for Breakfast, a sf pudding for snack, a cup of Soup for lunch, a piece of chicken(pureed) with mashed potatoes for supper and a sf popsicle for evening snack. Do you thing I'm eating too much? I go for my first fill on Feb 27th. I totally want this to work but what else can I do? Thanks for your imput I do need advice and I guess reassurance.

Sue

Terry,

I have the same rusults with Alka Seltzer and Pepto Bismal!! The first

(and last!!) time I tried Alka Seltzer I through it up in Grandma's kitchen sink! Was quite embarrassing. I don't have any problems with barium at all...it's just a little thick but isn't gross. Good luck!!

Hi Everyone,

I have a question, is anyone else concerned because they seem to be at a standstill in weightloss? I have been on lots of diets and always lost weight on a weekly basis. I am eating less than ever and my weightloss is totally at a standstill. I know we are healing but it kind of makes me wonder what is going on... My diet is usually 2 scramble eggs for breakfast, a sf pudding for snack, a cup of Soup for lunch, a piece of chicken(pureed) with mashed potatoes for supper and a sf popsicle for evening snack. Do you thing I'm eating too much? I go for my first fill on Feb 27th. I totally want this to work but what else can I do? Thanks for your imput I do need advice and I guess reassurance.

Sue

I was banded on January 18th also!!! THink what you're going through is quite normal. After losing about 18 pounds in a matter of a couple of weeks and then stalling out for the last 2 weeks I am finally starting to see a small drop. From what I've read on past entries, your bodies metabolism goes into survival mode when it doesn't get enough calories. Someone said to start excercising a bit, I did....a little bit, and it seemed to have worked because I've went down a pound each day for the last 3 days! Good luck and give it time.....it will eventually work!!

Hi Everyone,

I have a question, is anyone else concerned because they seem to be at a standstill in weightloss? I have been on lots of diets and always lost weight on a weekly basis. I am eating less than ever and my weightloss is totally at a standstill. I know we are healing but it kind of makes me wonder what is going on... My diet is usually 2 scramble eggs for breakfast, a sf pudding for snack, a cup of Soup for lunch, a piece of chicken(pureed) with mashed potatoes for supper and a sf popsicle for evening snack. Do you thing I'm eating too much? I go for my first fill on Feb 27th. I totally want this to work but what else can I do? Thanks for your imput I do need advice and I guess reassurance.

Sue

I was at a standstill for about a week, then lost some more. It does concern me a little, but I really think the body has a lot of adjusting to do when you first get the band. After the fills begin, I believe the weight loss us a little easier.

I do think you might want to watch your calories on fitday.com, its free. That way you can see how many calories your eating. I also think you can switch up your calories to keep your body guessing, and keep it losing. Exercise is also important. I firmly believe that. Even just walking.

Terry,

The barium wasn't bad at all. I think it was only a tablespoon, or maybe one ounce. I don't have problems with gagging on Pepto Bismol though.

Hope everything works out good for you. Let us know.

Terry

Okay posted this message on another page to get some advice, but wanted my January bandsters to read it too. Help me out Audree & Sunshine2:) !

Hi everyone,

Lately I have been feeling like I have trapped gas for over a week. My doctor prescribed Prevacid 30mg, today is day three on it and no change. So last night I use an old remedy of baking powder and warm Water. I felt okay for a few minutes, then it was back. Today I called the doctor again and ask the receptionist I could drink a little bit of diet coke to relieve the gas and Dr. Madan must have over heard her talking to me and said NO. He thinks some food is stuck, so he told me to go home and get some meat tenderizer and water (warm?) and drink it. He said it is not the best as far as taste goes (ya think?), but it will help break up any food that could be stuck. So I'm gonna try it tonight. Have anyone else heard of this "remedy"?

He thinks some food is stuck, so he told me to go home and get some meat tenderizer and Water (warm?) and drink it. He said it is not the best as far as taste goes (ya think?), but it will help break up any food that could be stuck. So I'm gonna try it tonight. Have anyone else heard of this "remedy"?

Yes, I've seen that on other threads. I've also read that pineapple juice has the same enzymes in it as the meat tenderizer and it works just as well. So you might want to try the juice before you try the meat tenderizer. Good luck.

Yes, I've seen that on other threads. I've also read that pineapple juice has the same enzymes in it as the meat tenderizer and it works just as well. So you might want to try the juice before you try the meat tenderizer. Good luck.

Thank you soo much, it just sounds strange.

Thanks again!

Okay posted this message on another page to get some advice, but wanted my January bandsters to read it too. Help me out Audree & Sunshine2:) !

Hi everyone,

Lately I have been feeling like I have trapped gas for over a week. My doctor prescribed Prevacid 30mg, today is day three on it and no change. So last night I use an old remedy of baking powder and warm Water. I felt okay for a few minutes, then it was back. Today I called the doctor again and ask the receptionist I could drink a little bit of diet coke to relieve the gas and Dr. Madan must have over heard her talking to me and said NO. He thinks some food is stuck, so he told me to go home and get some meat tenderizer and water (warm?) and drink it. He said it is not the best as far as taste goes (ya think?), but it will help break up any food that could be stuck. So I'm gonna try it tonight. Have anyone else heard of this "remedy"?

I'm reading my doctor's food brochure right now, here is what they say on food getting stuck:

1) Try relaxing and take deep breaths

2) Walking around will help also

If it has not pass after a few minutes, use the following to help:

Mix 1/2 teaspoon of meat tenderizer, 1 oz water, and 1 tsp lemon juice, mix well and sip.

This will assist in reductin the size of the object and should clear the opening.

So, there you have it, a remedy for stuck food.

Usually when you have food stuck, you have a really tight feeling in your chest area, are you feeling that?

Let us know how the meat tenderizer works.

I'm reading my doctor's food brochure right now, here is what they say on food getting stuck:

1) Try relaxing and take deep breaths

2) Walking around will help also

If it has not pass after a few minutes, use the following to help:

Mix 1/2 teaspoon of meat tenderizer, 1 oz Water, and 1 tsp lemon juice, mix well and sip.

This will assist in reductin the size of the object and should clear the opening.

So, there you have it, a remedy for stuck food.

Usually when you have food stuck, you have a really tight feeling in your chest area, are you feeling that?

Let us know how the meat tenderizer works.

Yes. I don't see how, since I was on mushies up until Friday the 9th and this started on Monday the 5th. Now on 2/4 I ate a bite of my neice's salad? ?? I thought I really chewed it well, since I figured it could possibly get stuck. Well, I'm gonna try that remedy and I will let you all know what happens. Thanks SOO much!!

Be BLessed!

Just checking in !!! Happy Valentines Day!!

I am doing good!!! My hubby bought me an Ipod. I wanted one because my favorite workout music always gets me in the mood to workout. Now, to learn how to move my music from Windows Media Player to Itunes!!!

I went to Dennys for breakfast. Had 2 sausages, 2 bacon and maybe 1/2 of the scrambled eggs. Didn't eat the pancakes or hash browns.

I am still not hungry and it is 3pm.

How are you all doing today??

Any goals?

My goal is to get my playlist on the Ipod and start working out!!!!!

Anyone want to do a workout challenge??

Terry,

Can't wait to hear how tomorrow goes for you. Did you not have to do a barium swallow before you left the hospital? I stayed overnight and they did one the next morning before I left. I just assumed that all of Dr. S patients did that before they were discharged. I was dreading it all the way down to x-ray, because I was so nauseated, but it went OK. Not the greatest, but tolerable. Good luck!!

Tulip, thanks for posting the info on your fill. I go in two weeks for my first fill and it was nice to hear how yours went.

Still not eating much of anything, but not losing anything at all. I lost 10 lbs the first four days after surgery and then gained two when I started on mushies. Am eating about 800-1000 calories a day and not losing, but guess my body is catching up to that immediate loss. Any other time I would have been really excited about losing 8 lbs in two weeks, so am trying to keep positive. Just happy that I can control my eating.

Don't really feel any "restriction" but just get to a point where I don't want any more food. A very new feeling for me as I have always been a volume eater. Never knew when to quit.