Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Hey everyone,

Well I had the morning from hell with some family stuff going on. Needless to say, before surgery I probably would have eaten something really bad to supress the anger I have right now. Now there is nothing I can do. I can't wait to heal completely I swear I'm going to take boxing lessons at a gym in my town (old school gym).

With the family stuff a lot of issues about the band came up. I think my mother is a little envious about the fact that my dad okayed them paying for it out of their pocket. She told me if dad wasn't around, she would have left me being "fat and miserable". I think because she sees it as she can do something more productive (in her point of view) with $15,500 than the lap-band.

So, for tonight I was asked to stay somewhere else so she can clear her head. I'm going to stay at my cousin's and call a therapist tomorrow because I think I need someone to talk to about these things. And I think she does too. I told myself I wasn't going to get depressed after surgery but this fight kind of put me over the edge where I want to cry. A lot.

Any support, advice, or kind words are so appreciated. I feel like you guys are the only ones who get this whole journey, so I would appreciate it!

I am really sorry you are going through all of this. Family knows how to get under our skin more than anyone. Why is she mad at you if your dad made the decision?

It will for sure motivate you to lose it to show her it was worth the investment. Is she overweight? Maybe she is a little envious.

Just know it is not your problem, it is your moms problem and she needs to work it out. It's not like you stole the money, it was freely given by your dad.

When you lose the weight, she will probably feel different.

:):D

Hi Gigi8, How are you? How are you feeling?

Hi Bandida,I am doing much better. I am now officially 2 weeks post banding and am doing good. I am on full liquids with some soft foods thrown in-cottage cheese, scrambled egg, soups(blenderized). I went back to the gym on Sunday and have gone Monday and Tuesday also. It feels good to exercise. I only did 30" on the eliptical. Anyway, how are you doing? I have read alot of your posts and enjoyed them so much. Thanks for asking about me. Take care-Gigi:)

Hi Bandida,I am doing much better. I am now officially 2 weeks post banding and am doing good. I am on full liquids with some soft foods thrown in-cottage cheese, scrambled egg, soups(blenderized). I went back to the gym on Sunday and have gone Monday and Tuesday also. It feels good to exercise. I only did 30" on the eliptical. Anyway, how are you doing? I have read alot of your posts and enjoyed them so much. Thanks for asking about me. Take care-Gigi:)

WOW! Thats awesome!! Congratulations!!! almost 3 weeks out and am on kinda solid foods..I try to keep them moist...I haven't had any problems at all!! I can eat rice!! that was my biggest concern!! i coook rice in this house almost everyday and I was scared of not being able to eat it!!! and the eliptical!! GOD BLESS YOU GIRL!!! i can walk for ever but the machines cause me pain in the port area..I do walk between 3-5 miles daily and I love it...Well, keep up the awesome job and keep me posted!!! I'm so glad you're doing well!!! good luck!!! ~~:kiss2: ~~~Olga

WOW! Thats awesome!! Congratulations!!! almost 3 weeks out and am on kinda solid foods..I try to keep them moist...I haven't had any problems at all!! I can eat rice!! that was my biggest concern!! i coook rice in this house almost everyday and I was scared of not being able to eat it!!! and the eliptical!! GOD BLESS YOU GIRL!!! i can walk for ever but the machines cause me pain in the port area..I do walk between 3-5 miles daily and I love it...Well, keep up the awesome job and keep me posted!!! I'm so glad you're doing well!!! good luck!!! ~~:kiss2: ~~~Olga

Your weight loss is WONDERFUL! You are doing great! I love to walk also,but it is in the single digits here in RI, so it is a little too cold for me to walk outside. Where are you from? I am going to see my surgeon on Thursday for my post-op appointment. I am a little nervous because I have to get on the scale, and I'll see how much weight I lost.(Even though I know that the first 6 weeks is for healing, I still expect to lose. Anyway, I'll keep you posted-Have a good night-Gigi:)

Yes! Thank Goodness I can swim, when we retired we moved to Arizona and have a brand new pool in our back yard. We are just counting the days for some warm weather. We moved here in May started the pool in June and did not get to fill it until Oct. 5th. We got to swim 2xs and then it was just tooooo cold. Unfortunately It is not heated .

As for the Y I am not sure I would dawn a suit yet and go swim in public. I'm pretty secure in who I am with my clothes on BUT in a swim suit Yikes !!

I just want so badly to do things like the Eliptical or just to be able to go out and walk around the block like I used to.I just always took for that for granted. I am hoping that will happen again someday !

Thanks for the encouragement !

Joanne

Hello everyone,

I see that a lot of you are already exercising. I start at the gym tomorrow. I seem to have a lot of sensitivity in the port area almost continually so I will stick to walking for now. I had problems with an enlarged liver so I wonder if that is why my port area is so tender?

It looks like everyone is losing pretty consistently. I'm down 14 pounds. Yeehaa....!!!!!

Edie

banded 1/25/07

Dr. Cirangle in SF, Ca.

Bandida

Good for you for walking that much...

Do you walk 3-5 miles all at one time? Do you break it up to a couple times per day? I walk my dogs 1 mile each day and I am pre banding and I am pretty proud of myself doing that.

How long does it take you to walk 3-5 miles?

Gigi8 and - I mall walk. I love it!!! I usually go with my friends or sometimes alone...I'm in Massachusetts so I can relate about the weather..I'm a stay at home mom so I can do the mall thing..It ususally takes me 1 1/2 or 2 hours..depends on how fast I'm walking!!! I can't believe you haven't gotten on a scale!! that's great!..I have an infatuation with mine...daily...i know i shouldn't but I do..Keep up the great work and keep me posted!!!

Bandida

Good for you for walking that much...

Do you walk 3-5 miles all at one time? Do you break it up to a couple times per day? I walk my dogs 1 mile each day and I am pre banding and I am pretty proud of myself doing that.

How long does it take you to walk 3-5 miles?

Hi Pam-bander...Thanks!! I love to walk!!! I walk it all at the same time. Once I start i can't stop...unless something in the stores catches my eye...:) It takesme about 1 1/2 to 2 hours depending on my speed..That's awesome that you walk already.It will help you heal quicker after surgery. I can tell you from experience that's what helped me get through some really rough days...Keep up your walking and I hope surgery comes soon!!! Keep me posted!!!

I've been away for a few days, but not because I wanted to. Last week my computer started running real, real slow. I tried to reboot and it wouldn't do it. This laptop is only 1 year old with warranty left so I figured it would be okay. Tech support couldn't get it booted even in safe mode or to run diagnostics, so I had to wait and restore to factory. I lost all my files, taxes and favorites. Boohoo... I went to get a hard drive back up immediately and have been working to get all my software loaded back on.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to catch up with how everyone is doing. I'll try to get time to read later. I just wanted to jump in and say hi.

I had my first fill yesterday and it went just fine. Before the fill I would eat a small amount of food but get hungry again in about 2 hours. I have had pretty good restriction up until 3 weeks ago, and lost most of my 22 pounds during that time. In the last 3 weeks I have lost 2 more pounds. I wasn't sure about getting a fill since I was still losing, but went ahead because I was hungry again so quick.

The doctor requested I stay on liquids the day of the fill. My appointment was at noon and I requested a numbing shot before the fill. All of my appointments for this first year are free so I told the PA I did not want to be too aggressive on this first fill and would rather come in again in a month if I needed another one soon.

The fill did not hurt. She placed the needle, and put in 1.2cc into my 10cc band. I then stood up at fluoroscope and drank some barium and watched the action on the screen. It went very slow through the band, so the PA took out .2cc because I asked to not be too aggressive. I am self pay and do not want to PB or slime or risk a slip or pouch dilation, thus I am taking the conservative approach.

After removing the .2cc, she again followed the fluoroscope and there was a tiny bit of restriction. I was asked to drink half a bottle of Water in waiting area to make sure I didn't have any swelling or problems. I was then allowed to leave and given instructions to stay on soft foods diet for 48 hours before returning to solids.

I still can feel content with a small amount if I chew a lot and eat slowly. The full feeling last a bit longer than before, but I noticed it more this morning.

I can see that some of you are doing some exercising and walking. Good for you! I'll read and catch up and come back to post again tomorrow.

Terry

Edie,

Do you have your ticker as part of your auto signature? That's where I have mine and it works okay.

As to the port, my Doctor says that's the one that takes the longest to heal. I was banded on 1/23 and mine is still sensitive as well. But it's getting better so I know that soon it will just be a faint memory of pain...lol Well, let's hope...

Good luck on your continued success! Congratulations on your first 14! :clap2:

I've been away for a few days, but not because I wanted to. Last week my computer started running real, real slow. I tried to reboot and it wouldn't do it. This laptop is only 1 year old with warranty left so I figured it would be okay. Tech support couldn't get it booted even in safe mode or to run diagnostics, so I had to wait and restore to factory. I lost all my files, taxes and favorites. Boohoo... I went to get a hard drive back up immediately and have been working to get all my software loaded back on.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to catch up with how everyone is doing. I'll try to get time to read later. I just wanted to jump in and say hi.

I had my first fill yesterday and it went just fine. Before the fill I would eat a small amount of food but get hungry again in about 2 hours. I have had pretty good restriction up until 3 weeks ago, and lost most of my 22 pounds during that time. In the last 3 weeks I have lost 2 more pounds. I wasn't sure about getting a fill since I was still losing, but went ahead because I was hungry again so quick.

The doctor requested I stay on liquids the day of the fill. My appointment was at noon and I requested a numbing shot before the fill. All of my appointments for this first year are free so I told the PA I did not want to be too aggressive on this first fill and would rather come in again in a month if I needed another one soon.

The fill did not hurt. She placed the needle, and put in 1.2cc into my 10cc band. I then stood up at fluoroscope and drank some barium and watched the action on the screen. It went very slow through the band, so the PA took out .2cc because I asked to not be too aggressive. I am self pay and do not want to PB or slime or risk a slip or pouch dilation, thus I am taking the conservative approach.

After removing the .2cc, she again followed the fluoroscope and there was a tiny bit of restriction. I was asked to drink half a bottle of Water in waiting area to make sure I didn't have any swelling or problems. I was then allowed to leave and given instructions to stay on soft foods diet for 48 hours before returning to solids.

I still can feel content with a small amount if I chew a lot and eat slowly. The full feeling last a bit longer than before, but I noticed it more this morning.

I can see that some of you are doing some exercising and walking. Good for you! I'll read and catch up and come back to post again tomorrow.

Terry

Terry - thanks so much for sharing the fill experience. I have been wondering if I should get a fill too. I still only eat 1/2 cup of food, however, I find myself getting hungry around 2 hours later. But I use my will power and hold off until around 4 hours.

It just amazes me how little I eat. Last night for dinner, I ate my chocolate SF pudding with a scoop of Protein Powder mixed in it at around 5:30. Then I was hungry around 8:30, so I made some instant mashed potatoes, and took one bite, and then spit them out, they were nasty. So, that ruined my appetite. LOL.

Well, I hope everyone is doing great, sounds like everyone is.

* Sausage Egg Muffins *

<O:p</O:p1 pound turkey sausage

(browned, crumbled, and drained)

4 eggs

1/2 cup heavy cream

1/4 cup Atkins bake mix or Soy Flour

1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Beat together eggs, cream and bake mix. Stir in sausage and

cheese. Spray non-stick muffin cups with Pam. Divide batter

evenly into 12 muffin cups. Bake in preheated 350 oven for

20-25 minutes, they will brown slightly on top. <O:p></O:p>

<O:p> </O:p>

You can add a little salt & pepper if you desire to the egg mixture, or diced onions.

Makes 12 muffins -- 1.7 carbs each.

I thought I would share the recipe with you, its a great on the run Breakfast treat. I haven't tried it yet with the band, but I used to eat them all the time doing Low Carb. I added picante sauce to it when I ate them, which I think would be great with the band because it lubes the food for you.

* Sausage Egg Muffins *

<O:p</O:p1 pound turkey sausage

(browned, crumbled, and drained)

4 eggs

1/2 cup heavy cream

1/4 cup Atkins bake mix or Soy Flour

1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Beat together eggs, cream and bake mix. Stir in sausage and

cheese. Spray non-stick muffin cups with Pam. Divide batter

evenly into 12 muffin cups. Bake in preheated 350 oven for

20-25 minutes, they will brown slightly on top. <O:p></O:p>

<O:p> </O:p>

You can add a little salt & pepper if you desire to the egg mixture, or diced onions.

Makes 12 muffins -- 1.7 carbs each.

I thought I would share the recipe with you, its a great on the run breakfast treat. I haven't tried it yet with the band, but I used to eat them all the time doing Low Carb. I added picante sauce to it when I ate them, which I think would be great with the band because it lubes the food for you.

Sounds yummy!! can't wait to try it!!! Thanks sunshine2 for sharing...:)