Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Thanks for the info Sunshine, and congrats on giving yourself a great non food reward! It makes you feel good when you can do something good for yourself...

I was banded on Jan. 29th.

Although things are going very well, I have these thoughts that I cannot shake.....FOOD! Not the eating part of it all, but the social part. Already I am faced with having to attend a birthday party for a friend next week, and of course, it's a BBQ. This does not bother me in particular, it is just that it has we wondering.....a lot of the things that go on in my life have food involved.

Will I never be able to enjoy food again? When I go to Mexico in April on vacation, how am I supposed to enjoy the local menu? When my hubby and I go on that yearly cruise in November, how will I enjoy my dinners? STUFF LIKE THAT! I guess I am just thinking too far ahead of all this.

Like I said, I am really doing quite well so far, and do not regret my decision to be banded.

My mind is working overtime about all the future food scenerios in my life.

Hi all,

Just wanted to say congrats on all your hard work this week. This journey is really something isn't it? It is so inspiring to read your posts both good and concerned. It makes each of us take stock of where we are at and sometimes challenges us!

I just finished my third week and all has gone very well. I feel really good. I've eaten out and have a big seafood dinner tomorrow night to go to. I make a plan ahead of time and prepare to take home leftovers. I believe that we will be able to live a "normal" life. The life we lived before, was not "normal." For me....living to eat...not eating to live. Portion Control is going to be my challenge, but for now, it is going well. Even when we can eat more, remember the portion that is appropriate.

I need to get more motivated to exercize. It has snowed for the past week here and I just want to hibernate!! Oh, yes, I do have an elipital in the basement, and a bunch of videos...nope, wanna sit under the blanket and read!! I'm going to work on that!

Take care and have a wonderful weekend!!

Shawn

GOSH.....you all inspire me! I'm 10 days out...and just miserable. For any of you who have read my posts, I'm just not feeling well. I want to feel good, plan dinners out, heck, I even want to have an appetite! I have no desire for food, Water, Protein shakes - nothing at all. Funny, isn't it!?? I've done walking around the house, too cold/icy here to go outside. Got on my rebounder just one day and walked for 5 minutes, thought I'd die afterwards. There is definately something to say for taking it easy!!

Well, hopefully I'll head toward my two week mark feeling alot better, by next Tuesday. My first appointment for my after visit with the Doctor is on Wednesday.

Although things are going very well, I have these thoughts that I cannot shake.....FOOD! Not the eating part of it all, but the social part. Already I am faced with having to attend a birthday party for a friend next week, and of course, it's a BBQ. This does not bother me in particular, it is just that it has we wondering.....a lot of the things that go on in my life have food involved.

Will I never be able to enjoy food again? When I go to Mexico in April on vacation, how am I supposed to enjoy the local menu? When my hubby and I go on that yearly cruise in November, how will I enjoy my dinners? STUFF LIKE THAT! I guess I am just thinking too far ahead of all this.

Like I said, I am really doing quite well so far, and do not regret my decision to be banded.

Charlotte, most people go through what you are describing. You are certainly not alone. Just the other day my company had a little get together at a restaurant. They ordered a variety of Italian appetizers and passed them around. I really did not want to eat them but I took some so I would not generate a lot of questions. I tried to eat some, ate too fast in an effort to appear normal, then I had to go to the restroom an PB the whole thing up. I really don't know how to recomment that you deal with this type of situation. Next time I guess I'll just say I'm not feeling well.

And, yes, all of us connect food with social events. It is hard to relearn all these things, and train ourselves in a whole new direction. That's part of why I waited until after the holidays to get banded. I don't think there is an easy answer, but it is one of the things that we bandsters have to learn how to handle.

On a positive note I can say that I'm finding that even though I am eating less, I do enjoy it more. Rather than wolfing down anything I could find indiscriminately, I'm actually choosing quality items and taking the time to enjoy how they taste. You may find that you have the same experience.

GOSH.....you all inspire me! I'm 10 days out...and just miserable. For any of you who have read my posts, I'm just not feeling well. I want to feel good, plan dinners out, heck, I even want to have an appetite! I have no desire for food, Water, Protein shakes - nothing at all. Funny, isn't it!?? I've done walking around the house, too cold/icy here to go outside. Got on my rebounder just one day and walked for 5 minutes, thought I'd die afterwards. There is definately something to say for taking it easy!!

Well, hopefully I'll head toward my two week mark feeling alot better, by next Tuesday. My first appointment for my after visit with the Doctor is on Wednesday.

Hey Sherilynn,

Take it easy on yourself. Nurture yourself and do nice things. Its okay to feel out of sorts or now well for right now. You are going thru huge healing inside. That takes bunch of enery. For me, the crappy weather outside does a real job on me. I have six horses and five dogs and tons of outside things I love and need to do. But, it is just yuck out there...so just be patient, right!!

Just don't forget to get your Water in and protein!! Even if it takes really long to do it, do it anyway! The Protein will give you energy!

Shawn

I think any day now you are going to turn a corner and start to feel better, and then the worst will be over and you will then be able to start dealing with creating your bandster journey. Many people feel like crap for quite a while after surgery. I felt awful for a good two weeks. I got a bad cold, had extreme diarrhea, and felt weak and unmotivated.

Once you start to feel better it will all fall into place quickly. Hang in there!

I certainly understand how you feel. We are planning our cruise Aug. 5, of this year. I find myself wondering, will I love the cruise as much as I love the ones in the past because Food was a big part of the cruise. Its really hard to get food out of your head. But I am enjoying the journey. I believe the more weight we lose, the less food will be on our mind.

I felt bad too the first 10 days, but then by the 12th day I felt like I could have made it back to work, however, I went ahead and took another week off.

I am 3 weeks post op as of yesterday, I'm feeling okay, still have a little port pain that comes & goes. And I am only eating about 1/2 cup of food at a time. Some days food appeals to me, and other days it doesn't, like today, I could care less about food, but I'm eating my 1/2 cup of cottage cheese.

I was reading a book - Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies, it states that Lapband patients should only be eating about 1/2 cup of food for the first 3 to 4 months, so I guess I'm doing okay.

I've had absolutely no problems with PBing, or even feeling like I could PB. Nothing gets stuck, and things seems to go down smoothly, however, I'm full quickly.

This little journey we've taken is exactly a journey. We are all different, heal differently, and lose differently. Just hang in there and I know you will turn the corner soon.

Thanks for the warm welcome! It's great to have some fellow Bandsters to chat with!

My Doc has me on liquids for 4 weeks post surgery. Long time, I know, but I have never lost weight this fast so that's motivating. I was originally scheduled for surgery on 1/25, had to change to 1/31 because of a complication. So I've actually already been on liquids for almost 4 weeks. Only 2.5 weeks left. Get my first fill 3/15.

Have a great Friday!

Hi Everyone !

It has been a while since I posted ! I got my staples out yesterday and got the OK for no more Heprin shots Yipee !! My Dr. has told me to throw away my scales (I Know why they say that BUT Why did we do this IF it was not to loose weight ?) I did weigh and I have lost about 20 lbs since starting this Journey. I don't know how to do the Ticker thing ?

Anyway I am not really hungry BUT my mouth wants some tasty good food !! All I can think about is what I should not have ;-( Yesterday we left the Dr's and we Drove through Wendy's and I got their Grilled chicken Sandwhich and ate about half of the chicken fillet and fed most of the bread to the pigeons. It was OK but not nearly as tasty as I wanted it to be.

I am really having a hard time trying to think of tasty foods to eat that will give me the protien I need. I Can not stomach another protien shake UGH!! Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Joanne

Banded 1/29/07

298/278/198

I am really having a hard time trying to think of tasty foods to eat that will give me the protien I need. I Can not stomach another protien shake UGH!! Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Joanne

Banded 1/29/07

298/278/198

I wish I could help ya, but I'm struggling with getting my Protein in as well. I do try and drink a Protein Shake a day to give me a bit extra, or add the protein in with pudding or something. chicken & fish are both great sources of protein. I have a book called "eating well after wls", there are some wonderful recipes in there, I'm at work right now, so I can't look at. Maybe this weekend I will look at it and post some of the recipes.

I am still on mushies, I have another week until I can eat meat.< /p>

I drive a VW Golf that has automatic triptronic transmission. Basically when the car is in drive you can move the gearshift to the right and then push the gear shift up or down to go up or down on gears, it's like stick shift w/out the clutch.

Anyways I digress, usually when I drive, my leg used to lean against it, and push the gearshift to the triptronic mode. Today I was driving home and noticed there was a 1/2" gap between my leg and the gearshift! I know it's something small, but it's the best NSV I had!

Also I walked for 15 minutes today in the FREEZING cold with my dog. I'm going to try for 20 tomorrow in the afternoon when it's a little bit "warmer".

Keep up the good work! :clap2:

That is awesome!!!

I know for me so far, I have been able to eat anything I want and actually enjoy it more, the flavors, etc since I used to just inhale my food. I still enjoy food just less of it!

Hi all,

Just wanted to say congrats on all your hard work this week. This journey is really something isn't it? It is so inspiring to read your posts both good and concerned. It makes each of us take stock of where we are at and sometimes challenges us!

I just finished my third week and all has gone very well. I feel really good. I've eaten out and have a big seafood dinner tomorrow night to go to. I make a plan ahead of time and prepare to take home leftovers. I believe that we will be able to live a "normal" life. The life we lived before, was not "normal." For me....living to eat...not eating to live. Portion Control is going to be my challenge, but for now, it is going well. Even when we can eat more, remember the portion that is appropriate.

I need to get more motivated to exercize. It has snowed for the past week here and I just want to hibernate!! Oh, yes, I do have an elipital in the basement, and a bunch of videos...nope, wanna sit under the blanket and read!! I'm going to work on that!

Take care and have a wonderful weekend!!

Shawn

I am right there with ya! I had my elyptical in the garage, pulled it into my living room now, but still don't use it everyday! It is a struggle for me to do it. :)