Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Hey all,

I thought I was getting better, but got hit with this cold. I'm 1 week out today; and really haven't any desire to eat or drink. Is this b/c I have restriction? I eat maybe 1 cup MAXXXXXX at any given time. I'm really trying like mad to get my liquids in; but haven't reached 64 oz yet.

I know, I know, its just a week. But at this point, I'd for sure think that I'd be hungry for SOMETHING. Heck, pizza wouldn't even float my boat right now. I just feel like I should be at another place. I see my doctor in 8 days. I guess my biggest complaint is feeling sort of weak due to not eating. THOUGH, I know I'm dying...lol - plenty of stored up 'fuel' on this hiney!

Bugs me too, that burping has a different feeling, it almost hurts - definately uncomfortable. Maybe still gas bubbles from surgery? I just want to get up and GOOOOOOOOOO. Want to feel 'normal', I want to feel 'well'. I guess I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired this past week. :think

hi all

I have absolutely no restriction. so at times I find myself nibbling. it was hard to stay on my mushies bcause the hunger attacks would get me. no pb's or retching. I have had some pain but all in all feeling good. not really weighed myself but feel a difference and see a difference in the mirror. having a problem remembering to get Vitamins in. well just thought I would post my band confessions. have my first fill in 3 weeks

Hey all,

I thought I was getting better, but got hit with this cold. I'm 1 week out today; and really haven't any desire to eat or drink. Is this b/c I have restriction? I eat maybe 1 cup MAXXXXXX at any given time. I'm really trying like mad to get my liquids in; but haven't reached 64 oz yet.

I know, I know, its just a week. But at this point, I'd for sure think that I'd be hungry for SOMETHING. Heck, pizza wouldn't even float my boat right now. I just feel like I should be at another place. I see my doctor in 8 days. I guess my biggest complaint is feeling sort of weak due to not eating. THOUGH, I know I'm dying...lol - plenty of stored up 'fuel' on this hiney!

Bugs me too, that burping has a different feeling, it almost hurts - definately uncomfortable. Maybe still gas bubbles from surgery? I just want to get up and GOOOOOOOOOO. Want to feel 'normal', I want to feel 'well'. I guess I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired this past week. :think

your stomach is still swollen so it will b hard to get everything in. I believe we have all had this struggle. once u continue to heal it will get better. try as hard as u can. try to get up and walk as much as u can so they gas can come out

Audree you shouldn't feel guilty, you are doing great. Someone will read your posts and be encouraged! As for me, I spoke positive things before surgery and after. I didn't expect anything bad and so far everything is GREAT! Thank the Lord! I love to hear from you! Keep up the great work!

Sheila, your weight loss is inspiring! You are doing awesome! I am 1 week post banding and I feel good. Every day I'm feeling better and better. I haven't gotten on the scale yet. Keep up the good work! Take care-Gigi:)

Audrey- You have also done AWESOME! You should not feel guilty for being so successful. Everyone is different and losos at different rates. Congrats to you!-Gigi:)

im with ya all who are hungry, but just remember this too shall pass...I am tired at the end of my day, and am only getting about 800 calories a day..my port area is a little tender, but when I read the board and see everyone in the same boat, it makes me feel a little better...PAM-Im not sure where the depressing statistics come from, but I for one really dont want to see them here, in this forum, please..most of us are banded and I think I might speak for the rest of us when I say I would appreciate no more of those kinds of posts~

Hey all,

HI! I am also 1 week post surgery and have little desire to drink. I am still on liquids. Today I added Soup and mixed my Protein Shakes with skim milk instead of Water. I was only able to have 1/2 cup of the shake and I felt very full. Tou need to drink your fluids-especially with your cold. I feel the need to burp almost every time I drink-not sure if it is excess gas left over from surgery or the antibiotic that I am on for the next week. I think it makes me a little sick to my stomach. I sure do hope you are feeling better soon- Take care-Gigi:)

Audree,

You have done so great, but remember that you are the one that did it. Don't let other's problems take anything away from your accomplishments. Maybe you are just lucky or maybe you are just more positive and determined. Whatever the reason, this is an individual road that we are traveling.

You just keep on going girl, you can be the lead for where we all want to be. :clap2: :clap2:

Thanks for the encouragement! I was having a bad day, a premenstrual thing! I just get into this mode that is driven to a goal and that is where I am now. I have never been so successful at weight loss and the band has helped me a lot.

I just post what my journey is.

I hope it encourages more than irritating some!:)

Audree you shouldn't feel guilty, you are doing great. Someone will read your posts and be encouraged! As for me, I spoke positive things before surgery and after. I didn't expect anything bad and so far everything is GREAT! Thank the Lord! I love to hear from you! Keep up the great work!

Thanks Sheila!

I just get the feeling some people get irritated by it sometimes.

I know some don't mean to, but I have had some people say some things that have made me feel kinda bad for doing good.

Thanks Sheila!

I have had some people say some things that have made me feel kinda bad for doing good.

That's better than feeling bad for doing bad (naughty) =o)

Oh Audree! You make me laugh. I am always telling my husband about your latest adventure! How many posts are you up to now??? tee hee. It's all good. I am sure your posts are benefiting many people - even those that don't post.

Audree (and for anybody else who will share with me)

I am having 2nd thoughts (just because I am in a grouchy mood and my Dr. changed my surgery date) so my initial thought was on the way home from my dr appt was to stop and get a really huge fattening burrito and abandon this idea and give up once and for all.

I value your opinion and want very specific information if you will give it to me.

I was at my dr office in the pre op class and they tell you the statistics (the most concerning statistic was the low % of people who lose substantial weight) and the all the horrible terrible things that could happen and the things you will NEVER be able to eat again yadda yadda yadda. While listening to the Nurse explain this I started thinking maybe I should just try and lose weight. The average % of weight loss from the band over 5 years was only 25% of excess weight over 5 years, I am second guessing this and that is only 25# for me. The only reason I want the band is to feel "satiated" by eating a healthy lifestyle.

There are lots of people (me included) who are ON diets who are fat and who say they are not hungry but ultimately fail at the diet because they were hungry; but wanted themselves to believe they were not (do you understand what I mean?) Perfect example I am on the liquid phase of the pre op diet, am I hungry a little, am I satiated NO WAY! My daughter asked if the shakes were "good" and my response was I would rather be eating eggs and toast (one of my favorite meals) or chili verde.

You are post op and I believe that you are truthful and have a sense of reality. I also think that you are committing probably more than I would be able to commit (gym and excercise wise)

With knowing what you know today, do you think you will reach goal? And will you reach it because you feel satiated and fell like a skinny person feels when they eat or will you reach goal because you paid alot of money to have this procedure and you don't want to fail.

Can you tell my thought are all over the place? I guess I am SHOCKED as it sinks in that the "typical" weight loss was only 25% of excess weight not in the high 90 percentile. If you read weight watcher materials their "star models" who lost all their weight is not typical either, and I do agree it is up to the individual to use the band as a tool BUT I have "failed" at EVERY SINGLE diet I have ever been on before in my life. Why would this be any different if a typical weight loss is only 25% of excess body fat.

If this is too heavy of a topic for you I don't have a problem if you don't reply.

I hate to have these thoughts, to think I won't succeed but reality statistics are not encouraging to me.

I know you are taking Quickslim and works out alot, do you think you could eat normal portions (s. beach) and feel satiated? Or are you still struggling just as you would have without the band?

Tell it to me straight please....

Pam

I think we all have these kind of thoughts pre band and it is normal. I know for the first time in my life, I have felt full. When I had natural restriction it was awesome!! I have heard some say that is what it feels to get a fill. So, during that time, I got full on very little, less than 1 cup. I just couldn't believe how satisfied I felt. Even more than eating 3 servings at an all you can eat buffett and 2 servings of dessert as I used to do.

Now that I don't have restriction, I am getting through this little window of time with my QuickSlim30. Following some kind of program helps me to keep on track. Even without restriction, I must have some because I don't measure, but can only eat about 1 1/2 cup of food for less at one time. I still only eat about 1200 calories a day and I feel like I ate a lot!

I used to feel like I was starving to death if I ate 1200 calories!!!

I think it is the best thing I have ever done (one of the best), and look forward to getting filled in 2 weeks.

You do have to veiw the band as a tool, work with it, not around it like some have figured out to do. You have to follow the bandster rules of Protein first, veggies, carb. Drinking no Water to wash the food through the band. I am able to do anything since I feel full and satisfied.

I feel in control for the first time in my life and at peace about my relationship with food. I think it also makes a difference if you are an emotional eater or a volume eater. I am a volume eater. A friend I have is an emotional eater, so she has to work harder especially in times of stress. I have also felt like you say you did today, when I get frustrated and upset and just want to eat!!!

I have also heard those statistics are not really explained correctly. I have met a lot of people that are very successful and lost all of their excess weight.

My doctor told me it all depended on me and if I followed the rules. That I could lose 28 or 58 pounds in 6 months if I chose to. I want to, so that is why I am so driven. I am tired of being fat and uncomfortable in my own body. I don't want to waste anymore time with this excess fat that can also contribute to health problems down the line.

I can also eat anything that I want. I have had carne asada, sausages, eggs, you name it. I choose to stay away from bread just because it triggers carb cravings.

We are all different and will tolerate different things.

I also do feel like I always thought a skinny person would feel with food and get full on a small portion.

I hope this helped. If you need more info or more specific or if I left anything out, you can post here or PM me!!:)

Hey all,

I felt like that too, the burp that wanted to come out and for me didn't. I felt like I had a lot of pressure inside and it hurt.

I also felt like you, in that I was not hungry in the beginning. I also felt weak so I tried to add liquid yogurt, V8 and creamy Soups.< /p>

And being sick adds to it! You will feel better sooon!

hi all

I have absolutely no restriction. so at times I find myself nibbling. it was hard to stay on my mushies bcause the hunger attacks would get me. no pb's or retching. I have had some pain but all in all feeling good. not really weighed myself but feel a difference and see a difference in the mirror. having a problem remembering to get Vitamins in. well just thought I would post my band confessions. have my first fill in 3 weeks

I am there with you. This is what they call "bandster hell". I think I eat more than I should too.

That's better than feeling bad for doing bad (naughty) =o)

Oh Audree! You make me laugh. I am always telling my husband about your latest adventure! How many posts are you up to now??? tee hee. It's all good. I am sure your posts are benefiting many people - even those that don't post.

Thanks!!! I am feeling the love!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Lisa,

This is Lisa that had surgery the same day as you. Glad to see you on here!! Hope you guys are doing good. When do you go in for the next appt.? Mine is February 26th at 1:15. Can't imagine getting a fill right now, after a small saucer of food I'm stuffed....hoping that doesn't change anytime soon!

Hi Lisa! We are doing well. Our appt. is also on the 26th @ 2:30. I can't wait for a fill. No restriction at all. Guess that means we are healing fast and our swelling is gone. Anyway, hope you are well and healing nicely. Keep in touch and I will too! Bye, Lisa

Audree -- You should never feel bad for doing good! I love to see how well you are doing. It really keeps me pumped up to keep on track because I see that it CAN BE DONE! Plus, I love your pep talks :) Never leave us!

Maria