Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Got to share this with you guys.....didn't dawn on me at first what was happening!

Over the last year and a half I grew my hair so it could be donated to Locks of Love. It was cut about the middle of December 2006. I'm a room mother, go to school at least a couple times a week, see all the teachers, aides and parents on a regular basis. About 2 weeks ago, all of a sudden, everyone started saying that my hair looked really cute cut like that. After the 4th person it finally dawned on me that it's not the haircut, they've already seen that, it's the thinner face!!!!! The only people who have commented on my "new haircut" are the people who don't know about the surgery.

How much fill is everyone getting with their bands, that would be something interesting to know before my fill next week. I have the 4cc one.

I had a similar thing happen. I've been wearing my hair down covering my ears for a while... thinking I was hiding my fat cheeks. It recently grew out enough that I can tuck it behind my ears. Now all I hear at work is how they like my new haircut. One guy (such a sweetie) tells me every day how he can see the weightloss in my neck! He's too much :) It's a nice ego-booster though, isn't it? :(

As for the fill... I got 1cc in a 4cc band.

Maria

RESULTS TIME!!!

Well, band family, I have to admit I'm a little disappointed in myself... for not measuring right after surgery!!! I kept forgetting about it, and I didn't end up writing down starting measurements until almost two weeks after surgery, when I had already lost 25 lbs!

Anyway, between 1/31 and today (2/22), I have lost 1lb and 5 1/2 inches! Whee! Not bad for three weeks pre-fill, eh? The biggest change was 2 1/2 inches off my boobs. I knew my bras were fitting better!

Tomorrow I start weight training again, so hopefully my next month's results will be super impressive!

Maria

Hello everyone, I got banded on Jan 19th and got my first fill on Feb 14th - 1cc fill - not sure what capacity my band is though, must ask the next visit, but I did not have a lot of restriction from about 10 days after my surgery. Now, I do feel it - but not hugely, however, I am losing weight steadily due to better food choices. I eat lots of Proteins and only when hungry - which right now happens about 6 hrs after the last meal..

The fill itself was a breeze - I didn't need to be numbed or anything. I did have to stay and drink 2 glasses of Water before leaving, but that was fine.

I think its really strange that all the doctors give different instructions on what to do after surgery and fills... maybe it depends on the person too..

My goal is to lose about 8-10 pounds per month and I am well on track for that right now..

I'm finding myself getting hungry every couple of hours. However, less in the a.m. - I force myself to have something, just to keep up my energy. I can eat more in the p.m.s. Has anyone else found themselves to be hungry every couple of hours? I'm doing a few small meals now - trying to stick to Proteins, since I know they keep you more full for longer. I suppose the p.m. is a good time to stay full with a Protein Shake, though I've heard its best to have them in the a.m.

Got to share this with you guys.....didn't dawn on me at first what was happening!

Over the last year and a half I grew my hair so it could be donated to Locks of Love. It was cut about the middle of December 2006. I'm a room mother, go to school at least a couple times a week, see all the teachers, aides and parents on a regular basis. About 2 weeks ago, all of a sudden, everyone started saying that my hair looked really cute cut like that. After the 4th person it finally dawned on me that it's not the haircut, they've already seen that, it's the thinner face!!!!! The only people who have commented on my "new haircut" are the people who don't know about the surgery.

How much fill is everyone getting with their bands, that would be something interesting to know before my fill next week. I have the 4cc one.

I got 1.2 cc's in a 4 cc band.

I'm very nervous about getting a fill. My stomach swelled after surgery that I couldn't even get drink Water . I ended up in the hospital for three days so that they could keep me on an IV until the swelling went down. Now I'm worried that if I get a fill and I get too much restriction I could end up in the hospital again. I have a check up with my doctor on Monday but I'm not sure when my fill will be scheduled. I think I will talk to him about being conservative. Right now I still have some restriction but not as much as a week ago. I am starting to eat a little more and feel hungry sooner. I guess there's a lot to learn about this stuff.

Your doc will know best. Maybe we don't get swollen with a fill like surgery. I have restriction but don't feel swollen like after surgery.

Hello everyone, I got banded on Jan 19th and got my first fill on Feb 14th - 1cc fill - not sure what capacity my band is though, must ask the next visit, but I did not have a lot of restriction from about 10 days after my surgery. Now, I do feel it - but not hugely, however, I am losing weight steadily due to better food choices. I eat lots of Proteins and only when hungry - which right now happens about 6 hrs after the last meal..

The fill itself was a breeze - I didn't need to be numbed or anything. I did have to stay and drink 2 glasses of Water before leaving, but that was fine.

I think its really strange that all the doctors give different instructions on what to do after surgery and fills... maybe it depends on the person too..

My goal is to lose about 8-10 pounds per month and I am well on track for that right now..

My fill didn't hurt either. I just got 1.2 cc's yesterdy in a 4 cc band. If they gave you a card, it should say on there. I am supposed to do 3 days liquids. I also would like to lose 8-10 a month.

Has anyone else found themselves to be hungry every couple of hours?

I'm hungry every 2 hours unless I eat something higher in fat, like beef. With chicken or fish, my stomach is growling loudly and painfully within a couple of hours. Two more weeks until my next fill. Ugh. I wish it was two more days.

I'm finding myself getting hungry every couple of hours. However, less in the a.m. - I force myself to have something, just to keep up my energy. I can eat more in the p.m.s. Has anyone else found themselves to be hungry every couple of hours? I'm doing a few small meals now - trying to stick to Proteins, since I know they keep you more full for longer. I suppose the p.m. is a good time to stay full with a Protein Shake, though I've heard its best to have them in the a.m.

Today I noticed I am more hungry in the PM hours. I can go almost all day without eating but about 5pm my stomach starts growling.

Hey everyone! Just checking in, I've been really busy with work and school, but it's all good!

I haven't weighed myself, I'm going to wait until my 1st month post-op (2/26), but I have to go to Target today and buy a smaller bra. I'm keeping my old bra to remind myself I'll never be at that place again!

Last night was the first time I had a sit-down dinner with my parents. My mom made a crabmeat and scallop casserole with ritz cracker topping and she had asparagus wrapped with phyllo dough for a side dish. So I took a SMALL scoop (less than 1/4 cup) of the casserole, threw out the ritz crackers and split the asparagus with my mom (I just ate the tops), and I did good! I was so nervous. My dad's friend of 40 years comes over every thursday and he was shocked that I was full from that little amount.

I also had my first alcoholic beverage. A small glass of merlot before dinner and let me tell you, I was feeling it after one glass! I guess I'm going to be a cheap date from now on.

The only bad thing that happened this week was that my PMS symptoms yesterday were SO bad! My ex-boyfriend called to see how I was doing (he found out I had "gallbladder" surgery through the grapevine), and I started crying and had to hang up on him. Then I cried watching a movie, then cried watching American Idol and Grey's Anatomy! I thought I was going to have to call a therapist today, I thought I was going through post-op depression, but no, it was PMS because Aunt Flo is in town! LOL. Oh yeah, and I have a line of pimples across my chin, does anyone know if your PMS symptoms get worse if you are losing weight because I get one pimple a month, not THREE!

So, overall, this week has been great for me, I was so scared about eating in front of people, but I'm doing okay with that, so hopefully my next step is eating out with friends in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to weigh myself on the 26th to see how much more I lost (if any)! Talk to everyone soon and keep up the good work!!!!!

I found this recipe in Martha Stewart Everyday Cooking magazine, and the best thing, is you do it in the microwave!!!!! I can't eat it yet (I'm still on soft foods), but someone try it and let us know.

Asian chicken with Cashews

Serves 4/Prep time: 10 minutes/Total Time: 20 minutes

2 T Soy Sauce

2 T Fresh lime juice

1 t cornstarch

Ground Pepper

1 Red bell pepper (ribs and seeds removed), cut into strips

1 bunch scallions (about 6) cut into 2" lengths

3 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced.

1 Piece fresh ginger (2"), peeled, thinly sliced and cut into thin strips

4 Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 oz each)

1/2 cup roasted cashews (I would omit these to save on fat grams and probably hard to digest!)

1. In a 2 1/2 quart microwave-safe dish with a lid, stir together soy sauce, lime juice, and corstarch; season with pepper. Add bell pepper, scallions, garlic, ginger, and chicken; toss to coat.

2. Cover, and microwave on high 8 to 10 minutes, turning chicken halfway through. Thinly slice chicken crosswise. Transfer to serving plates, and top with vegetables and juices. Scatter with cashews, and serve with lime wedges, if desired.

Nutrition Info:

Per serving:

282 Calories

7.5 g fat

42.6 gram Protein

10.5 gram carb

16 gram Fiber

shues 138- Thanks for the recipe. It sounds yummie. I am still on liquids and mushies, but my family will love it! Gigi

I had a similar thing happen. I've been wearing my hair down covering my ears for a while... thinking I was hiding my fat cheeks. It recently grew out enough that I can tuck it behind my ears. Now all I hear at work is how they like my new haircut. One guy (such a sweetie) tells me every day how he can see the weightloss in my neck! He's too much :) It's a nice ego-booster though, isn't it? :)

As for the fill... I got 1cc in a 4cc band.

Maria

Do you feel restriction? Like after surgury or different? I am on day 3 of liquids and don't know how solids are for me yet!