Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

So!! I have THREE more! lol I don't know how I'm going to do this. I really liked the idea of not having to 'diet'...

I made my appointment today for my first fill on 3-7-07. I should have already had a fill this past Monday. I am working on will power alone. Not doing to good. I am not gaining but not losing.:)

Hello Bandsters,

I too am in Bandster Hell !! I woke up in the middle of the night and my stomach was growling :hungry: I was so hungry. I had some W.W. Saltines by the bed that I use to take my meds with. I ate 3 of those and sure enough it went right away. When I got up I was so hungry:hungry:

I ate my normal sm. Breakfast that I have been eating since my surgery and by 10 AM I was Hungry :hungry: Again. It has been that way all day. I've been feeling more and more hungry each day this week.

I decided to call my Dr. and beg for an earlier date for a fill. Nope, it has to be 6wks? My Fill date is March 15 :help: . I hope I survive and do not gain any of the weight I have already lost back. The thought of going back on that liquid makes me nauseated:sick but I'm afraid I will start inching up the pounds ladder again ! I do not want to be derailed:cry

I guess many of us are in the same spot together. March 15 seems so far away.

Thanks for everyone posting their Journeys. We are all in this together and it does help to know so many of us seem to be stuck in the same spot.

We can do this !

Joanne

I just wanted to check in!

I had my first fill today. Dr. Romero at OCC put in 1.2 cc's and said I should feel restriction like right after surgery. He said he thought I wouldn't need to come back for 8 weeks or not at all. I have to do 3 days of liquids too. I do feel restriction with my Water again like I did right after sugery, so I am happy!!!

Hey Joanne,

So glad to hear that we're in the same boat. This board is a life saver - I see that we're all pretty much going through alot of the same things! I'm going to be having my 1st fill around the 15th as well.

Baby Got Back - please let us know how you are the day AFTER your fill - I've heard that it can take a few days before you feel restriction - you're lucky to feel it right away!!!

Hi! I'm still here. It looks like we are all at the "will power" stage of the game. Mine is quickly drawing to an end, thank goodness. Tomorrow I start back on regular food. I've been on soft for the past 2 weeks.

The great news is I have my first fill on 2/26/07 (and of course my weigh in - I only use the weigh in from my Dr's office as my official). I will admit that I did have a BAD day last Sunday. At least, what I would call a bad day. I didn't eat alot, just made poor choices. So, it is definitely time. I always do my Protein first, then vegetables then other. So, with the appropriate fill...there wouldn't be any room for that "other".

While, just like everyone else, my ability to eat more has increased daily. Today was the first day I actually woke up hungry.

Talk to you all later.

I made the appt. for my fill on March 9th. Exactly 6 weeks. I'm going to get it here in ABQ. I wish I was closer to Dr. Ortiz.< /p>

I have a question. Is anyone just not eating because they still aren't hungry? I find that I can eat more when I do eat, but I'm not all that hungry either....I don't feel like I'm starving. So should I just eat when I'm actually hungry or try to eat the 3 times a day even if I'm not hungry....just because that's what I'm supposed to do? I've always had trouble eating late in the day anyway...late is like 6pm. If I eat any later than that I feel like my food is in my throat when I go to bed. Thanks for the help!

I had my first fill today. Whoopee! It was so easy. I got a little numbing shot, so I didn't feel a thing. The wierd part was when my surgeon was pushing on the spot to find the port. I could kinda feel it moving around in there! I even got to see my little barium swallow on the screen. Dr. D showed it to me once we were done. She pointed out the band, the pouch, etc. Neat! So today I'm on liquids and my tummy is making some big time noise! I got 1cc, and I definitely feel it. Tomorrow I get to go back to regular food -- should be interesting!

Maria

I made the appt. for my fill on March 9th. Exactly 6 weeks. I'm going to get it here in ABQ. I wish I was closer to Dr. Ortiz.

I have a question. Is anyone just not eating because they still aren't hungry? I find that I can eat more when I do eat, but I'm not all that hungry either....I don't feel like I'm starving. So should I just eat when I'm actually hungry or try to eat the 3 times a day even if I'm not hungry....just because that's what I'm supposed to do? I've always had trouble eating late in the day anyway...late is like 6pm. If I eat any later than that I feel like my food is in my throat when I go to bed. Thanks for the help!

In the beginning I didn't eat because I was not hungry, and made myself eat healthy Proteins for energy. Then I was able to eat anything, but since I was on the South Beach diet, I did eat as much as I wanted and did and maintained, no gain or loss. I went out and had a big carne asada burrito with cheese and Beans with salsa about 3 times and fell completely off for a few days. But, I got back on the bandwagon with a renewed commitment to healthy eating when I got filled yesterday.

If you are not hungry, we still need to eat something 3 times a day or we can get weak and cause our bodies to go into starvation mode making it even harder to lose weight.

I don't eat late since I hear people have acid reflux when they lay down. If I am hungry, I would drink crystal light.

I went to Dr. Ortiz yesterday and got my first fill and was put on 3 days of liquid. I did stop at Chili's and had some tortilla Soup, chewed the beans really well and did get full on very little.

I had my first fill on tuesday of this week and oh man did it kick my butt the first two days ..... i could hardly put anything down as far as liquids , it is day three now and i feel like a new person today .... the fill was painless so i see no need to be worried next time , good luck to everyone

Priscilla

Dr Larson WPB , FL

surgery date 1/17/2007

first fill 2/19/2007 5.0 cc

VG Band

I am also a little in bandster hell. Although the last few days I have not been able to eat as much. My problem is as it always is I don't eat enough. Like today Am boiled egg and tea @8:30am. I didn't eat again until about 1:30 pm I ate panera Soup. But I feel restriction without my fill. I am going to throw my scale away as well. I am losing the same 6lbs give or take a pound. I am fluctuating between 6 or 5lb lost. I have to get my butt in gear. I was going to do the Fat Smash but you are liminted Proteins for the first 2 weeks. So I will stick with what I know works for me weight watcher and exercise. Keep up the support you guys it is extremely helpful.

Got to share this with you guys.....didn't dawn on me at first what was happening!

Over the last year and a half I grew my hair so it could be donated to Locks of Love. It was cut about the middle of December 2006. I'm a room mother, go to school at least a couple times a week, see all the teachers, aides and parents on a regular basis. About 2 weeks ago, all of a sudden, everyone started saying that my hair looked really cute cut like that. After the 4th person it finally dawned on me that it's not the haircut, they've already seen that, it's the thinner face!!!!! The only people who have commented on my "new haircut" are the people who don't know about the surgery.

How much fill is everyone getting with their bands, that would be something interesting to know before my fill next week. I have the 4cc one.

I am just wondering how I hear some people say they get major restriction after 2 weeks, does that mean we will get even tighter in 2 weeks?

I'm very nervous about getting a fill. My stomach swelled after surgery that I couldn't even get drink Water . I ended up in the hospital for three days so that they could keep me on an IV until the swelling went down. Now I'm worried that if I get a fill and I get too much restriction I could end up in the hospital again. I have a check up with my doctor on Monday but I'm not sure when my fill will be scheduled. I think I will talk to him about being conservative. Right now I still have some restriction but not as much as a week ago. I am starting to eat a little more and feel hungry sooner. I guess there's a lot to learn about this stuff.