Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

I'm finding myself getting hungry every couple of hours. However, less in the a.m. - I force myself to have something, just to keep up my energy. I can eat more in the p.m.s. Has anyone else found themselves to be hungry every couple of hours? I'm doing a few small meals now - trying to stick to Proteins, since I know they keep you more full for longer. I suppose the p.m. is a good time to stay full with a Protein Shake, though I've heard its best to have them in the a.m.

I just listen to my body, but stick to the bandster rules of Protein first then vegies. I have a coffee with soy milk or Carnation Breakfast

Hey everyone! Just checking in, I've been really busy with work and school, but it's all good!

I haven't weighed myself, I'm going to wait until my 1st month post-op (2/26), but I have to go to Target today and buy a smaller bra. I'm keeping my old bra to remind myself I'll never be at that place again!

Last night was the first time I had a sit-down dinner with my parents. My mom made a crabmeat and scallop casserole with ritz cracker topping and she had asparagus wrapped with phyllo dough for a side dish. So I took a SMALL scoop (less than 1/4 cup) of the casserole, threw out the ritz crackers and split the asparagus with my mom (I just ate the tops), and I did good! I was so nervous. My dad's friend of 40 years comes over every thursday and he was shocked that I was full from that little amount.

I also had my first alcoholic beverage. A small glass of merlot before dinner and let me tell you, I was feeling it after one glass! I guess I'm going to be a cheap date from now on.

The only bad thing that happened this week was that my PMS symptoms yesterday were SO bad! My ex-boyfriend called to see how I was doing (he found out I had "gallbladder" surgery through the grapevine), and I started crying and had to hang up on him. Then I cried watching a movie, then cried watching American Idol and Grey's Anatomy! I thought I was going to have to call a therapist today, I thought I was going through post-op depression, but no, it was PMS because Aunt Flo is in town! LOL. Oh yeah, and I have a line of pimples across my chin, does anyone know if your PMS symptoms get worse if you are losing weight because I get one pimple a month, not THREE!

So, overall, this week has been great for me, I was so scared about eating in front of people, but I'm doing okay with that, so hopefully my next step is eating out with friends in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to weigh myself on the 26th to see how much more I lost (if any)! Talk to everyone soon and keep up the good work!!!!!

I know my PMS symptoms were worse and had worse cramps. Losing weight is very stressful on the body.

I am glad to hear you are doing well! Do your clothes fit better? I didn't weigh myself till 4 weeks out and only weigh on Fridays.

Do you feel restriction? Like after surgury or different? I am on day 3 of liquids and don't know how solids are for me yet!

I definitely feel full a little faster. I can still take pretty big sips/gulps of liquid though. I need to be better about that because I know I'm swallowing air when I do it (I always burp afterward). Today I had fish and some macaroni & cheese for lunch -- all that went down ok. I would say I ate about 1 cup of food. The restriction is still much less than it was immediately after surgery. Honestly, I think I could use a little more fill, but I'm going to see what I can do with this for a while.

Maria

Hello Everyone! I'm so relieved I'm not the only one going through the hunger thing!!!! I'm hungry every three hours....My will power is starting to drain..I drink about 90oz of liquid to try to keep me full!!!!!! My fill is not until 3/6.. AHHHGGGGG!!!!!

I made chicken nuggets (made of tofu) today. I made 5 oz worth - 7 nuggets. I ate 4, no problem - at 1 bite of the 5th...and stopped. My Band stopped me I guess. Not really pain; but uncomfortable for sure. So - I had 4 nuggets and was stuffed. Heck, at Mc Donalds; I could finish off 9 or 12 with NO problem...plus fries...plus soda. Wow...maybe this IS working after all??// lol

Seriously, I am finding that I have way different restriction from day to day, hour to hour.

I definitely feel full a little faster. I can still take pretty big sips/gulps of liquid though. I need to be better about that because I know I'm swallowing air when I do it (I always burp afterward). Today I had fish and some macaroni & cheese for lunch -- all that went down ok. I would say I ate about 1 cup of food. The restriction is still much less than it was immediately after surgery. Honestly, I think I could use a little more fill, but I'm going to see what I can do with this for a while.

Maria

That sounds good. I'd rather be able to eat than be too tight, as long as we are losing weight right?:)

I had 1 cup of lentils and feel pretty full.

I made chicken nuggets (made of tofu) today. I made 5 oz worth - 7 nuggets. I ate 4, no problem - at 1 bite of the 5th...and stopped. My Band stopped me I guess. Not really pain; but uncomfortable for sure. So - I had 4 nuggets and was stuffed. Heck, at Mc Donalds; I could finish off 9 or 12 with NO problem...plus fries...plus soda. Wow...maybe this IS working after all??// lol

Seriously, I am finding that I have way different restriction from day to day, hour to hour.

Have you gotten a fill yet?

Me too! I'll be wide open for lunch and then super duper tight for dinner. It's wierd. This morning I drank a 16oz hot chocolate and felt stuffed to the gills!

I had 1 cup of lentils and feel pretty full.

Mmmmm... lentils.... :hungry:

How do you prepare them? The only thing I've ever done is pop open a can of lentil Soup and mix it with rice.

Hi Sherilynn,

I'm Just curious as to what day you were banded ? Since you and I have an appt.for our 1st fill about the same time !

I feel Like I am at a real stand still w/o a fill.:) My Dr. insists on waiting 6 full wks before the first fill. I was banded on 1/29 the absolute earliest I could get in was 3/8. On 3/9 we are having house guests from out of town for the whole weekend and a big Bar B que with about 10 people:eek: I decided to go ahead and get mine on the 8th anyway but the nurse talked me out of it since it is my first fill and I do not know how I will react. I guess with Guests in the house I do not want to be trying to deal with any issues in case there is any ?:sick

Hope everyone is having a restful weekend,

Joanne

bandida - you and I will have our fills on the same day. I can't wait!

:) Awesome!:clap2: :clap2: I can't wait either!!! I feel like I have no restriction what so ever!!!:faint: So, I believe I'm due for one...

I would say I had no restriction, but... Hubby and I went out for dinner to a favorite Italian place. I ordered chicken ceasar salad. I was very hungry and ate --- one piece of bread, 1/4 of the chicken, a couple of bites of the ceasar salad. I also drank one glass of wine. All of a sudden, I was so full that I had to go to the ladies room and you can guess what happened to the dinner. I guess I under estimated my restriction and over estimated what I could eat. Another lovely learning experience!

Mmmmm... lentils.... :hungry:

How do you prepare them? The only thing I've ever done is pop open a can of lentil Soup and mix it with rice.

I just add lentils to Water 1/2 cup lentils to 1 1/2 cup water and simmer for about an hour. I boil it first for about 5 minutes first, then turn it down. Then I add some salt. It is very tasty!