Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Tonya....you look fantastic!!! Congratulations on all your hard work!

I was banded the same day as you and according to my scales I've lost about 22 pounds. The doctor says closer to 30 but his goes back to last June. Haven't measured again but the pictures for me worked great also! I actually have a waist now! In the first picture I look like a barrel!!! Not quite ready to share pictures with everyone but will do so soon.

I started excercising on Friday, then Saturday morning I woke up and was in twoterville (sp.?)!!!!! Wish I had your restriction....pretty much can eat whatever I want and am hungry after a couple of hours instead of four like right after surgery. Fill is scheduled for next Monday (26th). What size band do you have and how much fill will they put in the first time? If anyone knows this let me know...mine is a 4cc.

Tonya....you look fantastic!!! Congratulations on all your hard work!

I was banded the same day as you and according to my scales I've lost about 22 pounds. The doctor says closer to 30 but his goes back to last June. Haven't measured again but the pictures for me worked great also! I actually have a waist now! In the first picture I look like a barrel!!! Not quite ready to share pictures with everyone but will do so soon.

I started excercising on Friday, then Saturday morning I woke up and was in twoterville (sp.?)!!!!! Wish I had your restriction....pretty much can eat whatever I want and am hungry after a couple of hours instead of four like right after surgery. Fill is scheduled for next Monday (26th). What size band do you have and how much fill will they put in the first time? If anyone knows this let me know...mine is a 4cc.

I am not sure how much they will put in for the first fill, all doctors are different, some more aggressive and others are not. I have the 10cm band, which holds 4cc's. So we have the same band. My doctor says he prefers this band because the weight loss is faster. I know others prefer the VG band because there is such a broader range of fills and I hear them say they don't have near the problem with PBing as with the other band. So, I really don't know which band is better, I guess they do the same thing.

I just don't understand the feelings I have with the band. I can eat anything, I had steak Saturday night (dh & I had a date night), however, I can only eat 4 or 5 tiny bites and I'm done. I never feel like I have come to get stuck - I have no problem eating, just can't eat very much. Some days I'm hungry 2 hours later, some days (like today) I was hungry 7 hours later. So I don't know if I need a fill or not? I'm loosing weight, I'm loosing around 5 lbs a week right now, 2 weeks ago I stalled for one week, went up 1 lb, and since then, I'm losing pretty fast. Even faster now than I was with all Clear liquids - weird. I still fight the naucious feeling after I eat, I guess my body is trying to get used to real food.

Well, I'm headed to bed, night night everyone.:notagree

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how to get the glittermaker to work. I have tried to paste each of the different urls but none of them seems to work. Can anyone help, please?

Tonya,

We are band date twins, happy anniversay! You look great, congrats!

Sue

Sue - I am sorry, I don't know anything about glittermaker. I think its neat, but I don't know how to add it to the signature - sorry.

Yes, we are band twins! Thanks for the compliment.

Hi! i'm glad it wasn't too bad..I hope it's nothing serious...I did see the MD yesterday and he did an xray...I guess there is alot of air in my stomach, which in turn swelled it, which in turn is pushing against my diaphragm....which is what's causing all the pain...We don't know where the air came from...He says "Do you feel like you have to burp?" i said no and he was surprised..but, I'm back on liquids, a lot of gas x, pepcid amd baby milicone drops.. and until I see him again on tuesday..Today was better though..If I keep my stomach "full" it doens't hurt..and air is comming from EVERYWHERE..lol....Maybe it's my mistake, maybe not enough food, liquids...but he didn't mention anything and I am doing my 64oz of liquids and all that jazz..so we'll see what happens...worse case scenario...you can imagine...:omg: :think ..so, i'm being positive and praying and I know GOD will make this right....My prayers are with you as well...keep me posted and keep your spirits high!!!

Blessings...and Thanks for asking...

Olga

Hi Bandida!!!

I'm glad you were seen!!! I'm wondering if that's what wrong with me, because at the end of the test the doctor told me I had air in my stomach and said it wasn't there when he started the test. I do feel like I have to burp, but I can't...sometimes I have to cough it up. Well I'm gonna continue my Prevacid and Gas-X. Good luck Bandida, keep me posted.

Be Blessed,

Sheila

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how to get the glittermaker to work. I have tried to paste each of the different urls but none of them seems to work. Can anyone help, please?

Tonya,

We are band date twins, happy anniversay! You look great, congrats!

Sue

Sue, HI! To post glitter maker:

make your "glitter name"

find the url code for "forums"

copy and paste it in your edit signature box

click on save changes and it should come up..try it and let me know!!!

Good luck!!

Olga

Hi Bandida!!!

I'm glad you were seen!!! I'm wondering if that's what wrong with me, because at the end of the test the doctor told me I had air in my stomach and said it wasn't there when he started the test. I do feel like I have to burp, but I can't...sometimes I have to cough it up. Well I'm gonna continue my Prevacid and Gas-X. Good luck Bandida, keep me posted.

Be Blessed,

Sheila

:) Thanks..me too!!:clap2: that was my problem..I coudln't burp for the life of me. Now, what i do is everytime I take a sip, I burp, not lady like but, hey, I rather lose a friend then my intestine or my band!!!!!! So now I am 150% better. No pain, but I'm constantly drinking to keep my stomach full so that there is no gas there and still taking my gasx and pepcid. I also walk as much as possible...I just got back from my 4.5 mile walk!!!!! I love it, I am a certified "mall walker" now...the tread mill KILLS me:faint: ! Anyway..try these things and maybe they will help. I hope they do....I hope you're feeling better!!!! keep me posted! My prayers are with you!!!

Blessings!!!:kiss2:

Olga

:) Thanks..me too!!:clap2: that was my problem..I coudln't burp for the life of me. Now, what i do is everytime I take a sip, I burp, not lady like but, hey, I rather lose a friend then my intestine or my band!!!!!! So now I am 150% better. No pain, but I'm constantly drinking to keep my stomach full so that there is no gas there and still taking my gasx and pepcid. I also walk as much as possible...I just got back from my 4.5 mile walk!!!!! I love it, I am a certified "mall walker" now...the tread mill KILLS me:faint: ! Anyway..try these things and maybe they will help. I hope they do....I hope you're feeling better!!!! keep me posted! My prayers are with you!!!

Blessings!!!:kiss2:

Olga

Thanks for the tips Bandida!

Be blessed!

So glad your doing better Bandida - now we just have to get Sheila feeling 100% better.

Dear Olga,

I cut and paste the first forum url. However, when I paste it tells me that it is an invalid file. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Sue

Okay, as ugly as I am, I am going to share my before pic and my 1 month progress photo. Remember - I'm a work in progress - I still have a long way to go!

Tonya, you're looking great. You should be so proud of yourself. And you are very beautiful, too!

So glad your doing better Bandida - now we just have to get Sheila feeling 100% better.

Yes ma'am!! Thanks Sunshine2!!!

Congratulations Sunshine !

What a great transfomation you have made already !

Your before and after pics are a real inspiration.

I have decided to weigh every Monday Soooo today I was down a little over a pound. I will not be disapointed but I was sooooo hoping for 3lbs, I will take any progress.

The other day I was looking for something High in flavor,High in Protien and low in calories. I do not know what thread I was on maybe This one or somewhere but someone posted about the Turkey Pepperonie Yum ! She puts in in the microwave about 2min cover w/paper towel and it them makes like little chips. OMG ! I tried it and it was sooo good . I posted it over on the food thread but wanted to share it with my January Bandster Family. I use them as chips with my Cottage cheese and I mix Salsa with the cottage Cheese also. After such a bland diet this is a real Flavor explosion and all protien too! 17 slices of pepperoni 10grms of protien= 80 cal. They are portable too,just throw them in a Baggie and they would be good at work on a salad w/soup just lots of uses. The only draw back for me is 600mgs of sodium so I won't be eating these puppies every day!

Thank You to whomever came up with this it is a life saver for me :-)

Everyone keep up the great work !

Thanks to all who contribute to this thread !

Joanne

Thanks Joanne & Enterprise. I have a long way to go, but 40 lbs does make a difference in the apperance, and mainly the way I feel about myself. My before picture was my all time high, I was so depressed, didn't do anything with myself, and as the weight comes off, I'm so much happier, everyone around me can see how much happier I am too.

I know its a long road to get to where I want to be, but, I know I will get there - someday!

Hi gang! My turn to check in.

Hi Audree! It's fill time for me too. I go on Thursday.

Tonya! Holy canoli, woman! Your pics are awesome! Reminds me I gotta take some. I'm glad I measured at least. :)

Sheila - I just looked at your siggy numbers. Nice Job!! :(

Well, as for me, things are going pretty good. I finally lost another pound, which was nice. I slimed for the first time today. I was eating a meatball for dinner and I think I just took too big a bite. No PB though thank goodness. It was pretty gross though. I had to keep getting up and spitting in the sink. Yuck!

This Thursday is not only fill day, but also my one month bandiversary. I'll have to measure and post the results!

Maria