Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

hey i can't figure out how to change my ticker been a while and i guess i forgot how but i am down 105lbs way below where i thought i would get too!!!! i think that makes my bmi in the healthy range not obese not overweight but healthy!!!!

Woohoo! For You!!! Remember the "I'll never get there times?" You are doing so good! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to a lapband conference in League City last weekend. It was wonderful! Dr. Duc Vuong and his staff put it on. It was held at South Shore Harbour Resort. The speakers were outstanding. Lots of motivation. It was a great experience. I will give more info when I have a little more time. Again CONGRATS HIPPMOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooohhhh!!!! I am so happy to have found a local group! I am scheduled for surgery on 8/27/09. I am on day three of my preop diet and ready to quit. I am starving, my head is killing me and am so tired and weak that I haven't been to the gym in three days!!! I am miserable and if this is what being banded is like (I have been told that this is the purpose of the preop diet - to get you accustomed to a lifetime of liquids) then no thanks ;( I am absolutey terrified of the possible complications (flips, slips, etc.) Did anyone else out there second guess their decision??? Can't seem to find a peace yet:(

i didnt have to be on a diet before my surgery,but after i had the surgery i had to eat a certain way,we all do and sooner or later your able to eat alot more.maybe add a ex protien drink,to fill ya or talk nto the dr,but u have to really want this,

Welcome Chell. I think I can speak for many of us about the presurgery nervous jitters. But as far as living with a diet of liquids the rest of your life that isn't true. Do your homework, talk to the dietician and Ms. Betty again if you feel the need to. The pre-op diet is not designed to get you used to a diet of liquids only. Granted...some foods are more difficult to eat than others. Some can not tolerate bread, some meats, and some pastas. Small, well chewed bites are the rules to eating almost anything. EVERYONE is different. I can eat bread, have a friend that can't. Soft doughy biscuits or rolls are harder. Chewing food very well is the name of the game and stop eating when you are no longer hungry. Of course all of us make mistakes. Our lifetime of bad eating habits..what and how we eat are something we have to really work on. The band doesn't tell you what to eat or how to eat it. We have to be responsible for that.

The pre-op diet was the absolute hardest part for me. But I did make it through it. Be sure to take your Vitamins. The first five days are the hardest. Your body is really having to make an adjustment to the change in calories,sugar, carbs, ect. It will level out. Not only that..your emotions are playing havoc with you too. This will also help your liver to shrink some and it gives them more room to manuever during surgery. Personally, it was a good decision for me. But only you can make this decision for you. I was a big weenie about the pre-op diet but made it. It helped me see if I could make the committment to changing my habits. I hope you have good support at home. You can also attend the support group meetings before surgery and talk with other bandsters. Hang in there.

Thanks for the encouragement sugarbear.....I am like 99.9% sure that this is the route for me...I don't want to pass up this opportunity (ins paying 100%) and look back a year from now still 300 pounds and regret it.... But I am no stranger to the OR, and am having a hard time subjecting myself to another surgery - willingly..... But I have to do something...My way is not working...... I think I will feel better after my appt. on Wed. It was good to hear that I will not be on liquids for the rest of my life....I have been reading alot of blogs....(sometimes a good thing - sometimes not) so I have a list of questions ready for Betty...Poor Miss Betty! :)

You're welcome Chellt. Find some sucessfull bandsters and you will here plenty of good stuff. Especially ones that "follow the rules" As Ms. Betty would say "stay in the box." I am a slow loser because I have trouble staying in the box. I have to re-group once and a while and and make up my mind to get back to business. As a matter of fact i am starting the pre-op diet tomorrow to give myself a jolt. Sound crazy? I think so too. I may not be as strict on every evening meal. But I will have a salad instead of a SF many evenings. I haven't lost as much as many, but I have lost and the best thing is I keep it off. You can also get on the drs. email list and they will send tidbits to update you. You can go to noscales.com to catch up on some good blogs. Hang in there.

Hang in there Chellt, you're at the hardest part right now. That darn diet! Do exactly what your doc tells you and you'll be fine.

Way to go HPM!

Hello Everyone,

Things have been pretty hectic lately, so I haven't been on in a while. Sorry I missed the event in Houston Sugarbear! I'm sure it was very inspiring. I have been reading back over some of the blogs, there sure are some unhappy campers this summer. :unsure:But, I understand, been there a few times myself. I think for most of us, when we got banded, we thought, "wow, in a year I'll be a size so & so". Then the year came and went and we're only down a few pounds. It truly is a mind game. The band has to stay on your mind at all times. Old habits can creep in without a moments notice.

I got a fill about 10 weeks ago, when I went back, I thought I had only lost 4 or 5 lbs and was so happy to learn that I had lost 10lbs.! It's been 2 long years, and only 50 lbs lost. But it sure beats the hell out of gaining that much!!

I have no regrets at all about the band. The old rule of staying in the box, works. I have taken up walking at least 15 minutes on my lunchtime. I was really really tired all the time, but got back on my Vitamins, Juice-Plus, and am beginning to feel much better.

It is so hard to make ourselves a "priority" when for most of our lives we have put ourselves last. I sometimes feel guilty for doing something that is for my sole benefit. But after 56 years, I've finally seen the light....If I don't take care of me, no one else can or will. So I better make the most of it while I still can:smile2: When you decided on this band, you had a goal in mind........Don't lose sight of the end result:thumbup:

Hi NewJulie. i have missed seeing you on hre. Like you I haven't been on too much either. Trying to make a better effort, especially for the newbies. The conference was wonderful! Speakers were great! Mary Jo was back and full of it! Several others and they were terriffic. The resort was great too. Better than the one before and less expensive. Right on the Water. I never saw so many sail boats and yachts in my life. No sign of recession there! So wished you could have been there.

Good for you on the weight loss! Keep it going. I have started Slimfast pre-op diet today. To get me rolling again. Need a "jolt."

Hippmom, go to cp user...then go to edit signature..minimize your page. Go to tickerfactory.com or whichever one you use. edit your ticker...then get both pages on your screen at once (make them small...then cut and paste your newly revised ticker in your signature box...be sure then to click on save signature. It takes a minute and the new one should pop in there. It's been so long since I have done it I had to mess with it a minute to figure it out too. My target weight didn't come out right but can't figure that out.

Wow Sugarbear! You have lost over half of your goal wt.! GREAT JOB!! Doesn't matter how long it has taken, like me, what little you do gain, you take it right back off! I could never have lost what I have and kept if off without the band. No "diets" ever kept their promises!

I do the slimfast for Breakfast just about every morning, since I leave the house at 5 a.m. Since I have been eating 3 times a day and not skipping a meal I believe that is what helped me lose that 10 lbs, and I am making a conscious effort to "move" a little more.

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've been here as well. I've had issues with my hair and Dr. K said that sometimes it happens after the surgery and then 1-2 yrs after again. She said to make sure that I am taking a muti-vitamin and my Protein should be 40-60 grams a day.

Congrats, Hippmom!!!!!!

Newbies, listen to the ones on here cause their information and encouraging helped me a lot.

Edited by A lot less

Thanks Julie. Not sure about that ticker...not sure about the calculations. I do want to lose another 60 or so pounds but I don't know where the 127 comes from? In my dreams!? I am assuming that is a weight goal, but that isn't what I would weigh if I lost that amount. Like I said "in my dreams." haha i am doing SF twice a day right now trying to break loose this plateau I'm on. Boy it's hard! Also trying to recommit to some exercise...gotta have it!

It's gettin' might quiet around here! Hopefully no news is good news and we're all being very successful??? Getting a fill at the end of Oct. haven't had one since Feb. b/c my PCP found a pituatary (sp?) tumor and I had to drive back and forth to Little Rock to decided on brain surgery or not. Nothing life threatening, but might be the cause of being overweight. Right now I have another MRI scheduled for November 4th, if it doesn't change then I think I won't have to have surgery.

Lap band wise, things are kind of holding, not losing but not gaining either. :)

How's everyone else???