Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

George Bush: Worst American president in history

Jack, Obama's movement from the left towards the middle was totally expected. On one of these forums, I even asked BJean how she would feel when it inevitably happened.

The majority of the American public don't want what the uber-liberals want. Ergo, to be elected, a liberal candidate must move to the middle. This was fated to happen ever since Obama clinched the nomination.

BJean, I wasn't popping off. You can't possibly know that "McCain's intellect is lacking" or "Obama is brilliant" or "Obama has an awesome value system" unless you personally know them. You might suspect these things, or they might be your opinion, but you cannot factually know these things.

I suspect you also "know" that voting for McCain will be like voting for Bush's 3rd term too.......right? Hey I got a new one for ya: "Don't vote for McCain - He's old!!"

and the republicans are the ones that won't debate the issues? Sheesh.

Senator Obama, on the other hand, is a brilliant man and has an awesome value system

I have a hard time characterizing anyone who supports infanticide as having an "awesome value system."

While an Illinois state senator (2001 to 2003), Obama addressed (by his vote, speech, and actions) the issue of whether children who were born alive during induced abortions had the right to medical care (the "Induced Infant Liability Act"). In 2001, he voted against medical care in committee, and he voted "present" during the actual vote. In 2002, he voted against medical care in committee and in the actual vote. In 2003 he was the chair of the committee and kept the bill from going to a vote. He was the only senator in Illinois who spoke out on the floor of the senate against the bill -- remember, this is a bill which says if a baby is born alive during an induced abortion, he or she is entitled to medical care. In other words, to oppose it means the person supports directly killing or simply doing nothing and allowing a helpless infant who is already born -- separated from his or her mother's body, and who might be saved through medical care -- to die.

There was a similar federal bill which Barbara Boxer, Ted Kennedy, and 98 other senators in the US Senate voted for, unanimously. Even NARAL did not oppose it!

If for no other reason than this (and there are a lot of other reasons), Obama's "value system" is seriously flawed.

No point in this Democrat arguing with die hard Republicans about our presidential race.

Obviously I believe that I know what I am talking about when I endorse Senator Obama's value system or any of his other political positions. He is the first person to come along in decades that I believe has his head on right. (not meaning far right, of course) I fully appreciate him not cowtowing to others like so many politicians in Congress do constantly, in order to appease each other and ensure their piece of the lobbyists' pie.

I have already said what I think of him. I've said what I think of McCain. It is pointless to argue with those who believe that voting for McCain is the right thing for this country. In my heart I know that he is not right for this country and if you vote for him and he wins, I hope with all my might that I am wrong about him. I know that I am not wrong about Senator Obama.

I am sorry that so many people have enjoyed and embraced the opposition's untrue and misguided attacks on him and his character. If you simply disagree with his politics that is, of course, an entirely different matter.

It's a free country - sort of. If you don't count illegal elections in your desire for freedom.

I am sorry that so many people have enjoyed and embraced the opposition's untrue and misguided attacks on him and his character. If you simply disagree with his politics that is, of course, an entirely different matter.

I don't know if you're indicating that what I stated above about his supporting infanticide is an "untrue or misguided attack" or if you're directing your statement towards everyone who's had something to say.

In regard to this specific matter, however, everything is 100% factual. Obama spoke out in the Illinois senate against providing medical care to babies who are born alive after a failed abortion procedure. This is a position even more radical than any member of the US Senate, including those who are so in favor of abortion that they support taxpayer-funded abortion-on-demand through 9 months of pregnancy. 100% of the US Senate disagrees with Obama on this issue.

It's quite an indefensible position.

Jack that is exactly why I do not see any value in debating this issue with you or other Republicans. We do not agree on what we think is right for this country, thus we do not agree on which political candidate is right for this country.

I am not trying to convince you of anything. I know better. I only post at LBT for my own enjoyment. I get to say whatever I want and I get to post whatever I believe. It really has nothing whatever to do with you or other posters. I enjoy meeting up with people who see things as I do. Don't you? I don't enjoy bantering (or clever repartee) with people who are just trying to one-up me.

On the other hand, if I think someone is being unfair I think it is okay for me to say so. It really doesn't do me a bit of good to argue though. I just find it frustrating. Not all that good for my health. How about yours?

Well Jack, thanks for asking. Btw, I remember reading something that you said a long time ago about figuring out that one egg is plenty - not exactly your words, but you were talking about realizing that one egg for each of you (and your spouse) was totally adequate. Are you still being good and have you reached your goal? I was impressed that you had found that you could and should be satisfied with one egg.

I had major surgery on July 7 - totally unexpectedly and all of my restriction was removed. I just got a fill last week and I'm beginning to get my appetite back after all the medications, etc. So I could be doing much better, but I'm feeling healthy at this point and healed from the surgery so life is good. I have not reached my goal but do still plan to. I have been banded 2 years in September. You?

Obama just admitted that he lied about his stand on the born alive legislation -- after accusing pro-lifers of lying even after they released documentation of his position. See Hot Air for details.

I thought it was a good idea to try and join a support group, but when I read crap about the President posted here I realize these people are stupid. Thanks, but no thanks. By the way, what about that miserable disappointment Bill "Slick Willy" Clinton..speaking of sucking.

I like how Everone blames Bush for everything ......LOL

soon you will all blame him for 911 or Hurricane katrina.

Do you remember the country blaming him for NOT going to war Sooner than he did????? 30 days after 911 people were crying because he did nothing but get intelegence from his cabinate!

And this demacratic No DO congress !!! 9% approval rating is a JOKE!!!

So blame your selves for voting losers into office!! From the President on down to your local government.

And also remember former President Clinton Pushed and Signed the NAFTA trade agreement that Bush has to enforce............

I will be waiting for the Bombs to drop my way .........LOL

Mom, you've gone into the "Rants and Raves" section of the support group.. In fact, it really has nothing to do with the support group, but rather a platform for people to talk about controversial and heated topics, thus the name Rants and Raves.

As a republican who supports Bush, and someone who would not have had the success with the band that I've had without this forum.. I have to say, well..first, get a thicker skin.Surely this isn't the first time you've heard people bash Bush. You yourself just made a jab about Clinton, and I hope that does not run off a new forum goer who loved him! Second, stay out of R&R and enjoy the support part of the forum. You don't have to come to this area, and the rest of the forum is full of great information & advice.

This is my first day on this site. I came on to learn, discuss info about lap band surgery. Politics???? These type of posts only makes more of us support him and what he stands for. Give up the Bush hate and lets discuss what this site is here for.

80% of this country think were headed in the WRONG direction. That about answers the question of Bush's time in office.

80% of this country think were headed in the WRONG direction. That about answers the question of Bush's time in office.

Could you cite this statistic?

Make sure it says the percentage, as well as the fault of said discourse, where it is Bush's fault.

If we're going to make up random statistics, the other 20% of that statistic educate themselves.

I thought it was a good idea to try and join a support group, but when I read crap about the President posted here I realize these people are stupid. Thanks, but no thanks. By the way, what about that miserable disappointment Bill "Slick Willy" Clinton..speaking of sucking.

Good luck finding a support site where everyone thinks President Bush is wonderful.