Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

George Bush: Worst American president in history

Carlene, I always value your posts. They are literate, well-researched, always interesting and often humourous. I have learned a lot about the United States (and about early Christian history, too) from you. Thanx a bunch, kiddo.;)

OMG,

I'm new here but I've been reading these posts for over a week now and it sure isn't hard to tell when someone on here doesn't like someone like our President that would go to any links to badmouth here. I think it is soooo funny. Can't wait to see what is posted after this. LOL

OMG,

I'm new here but I've been reading these posts for over a week now and it sure isn't hard to tell when someone on here doesn't like someone like our President that would go to any links to badmouth here. I think it is soooo funny. Can't wait to see what is posted after this. LOL

Yep...we're the Bush whackers....and damn proud of it.

The interesting part is that we don't have to work hard to find stuff to bash. It's provided on a daily basis, unfortunately in spades.

With Clinton, they had to dig, dig, dig and dig some more, find nothing, make some stuff up, have it get disproved and then dig, dig, dig and dig some more, etc. for years, until finally the dude goofed up enough to cause a huge uproar. Interestingly enough, many of them have been guilty of as much or more, but at least they finally found something to bash. It was an exciting day for Republicans!

Jack, read the rest of the sentence.

With Clinton, they had to dig, dig, dig and dig some more, find nothing, make some stuff up, have it get disproved and then dig, dig, dig and dig some more, etc. for years, until finally the dude goofed up enough to cause a huge uproar.

'impeachment' and 'disbarred' do not carry the implication or consequences of mere 'goofing up'....
The man "goofed up" by being stupid enough to lie under oath. Unfortunately, "impeachment" and being "disbarred" are consequences of that "goof up".

Yep. He goofed up, bigtime. Most others who have committed adultry and lie about it aren't dumb enough to get caught, except for the ones I could list if you want me to. Nah, I doubt if you do.

Jack what other crimes was Clinton guilty of to cause impeachment hearings?

Don't worry, I have no admiration for the likes of Janet Reno, Robert Reich, Brown, or our current worthless piece of poop Attorney General.

Of course Dubya doesn't have the mark of the beast engraved on his forehead! Are you crazy? It's obviously under his hair on the back of his head.

I think when one grows up and realizes that there is probably nary a soul elected to public office who is pure as the driven snow, you become very disenchanted with politics and with the whole idea of things ever getting better for anyone but those elected officials and the monied people who put them in office. I've been there, had the depression that accompanies it, and done that.

Now I know that although no one is my dream candidate, some are better than others in that they talk the talk of a person who has a conscience. They at least feign honesty on some level. Poor Jimmy Carter. He was a lousy president, but he is a good man. At least he works at being good. Just not nearly tough enough for national politics. Sad, really. But I digress...

The reason I am so opinionated and a Bush Wacker (as Carlene so charmingly puts it) is because I watched his dad do things that weren't on the up and up and now I've been witness to the son committing even worse and more immoral things while he's been in office. I'm outraged. I have seen him ignore the best advice and commit our country to a war that I believe has been one giant fiasco. It has been terrible for our country, except in the venue of big business. They've profited. And perhaps as a country we've profitted from the possibility of standing down some of the other countries who have designs on oil as it relates to Iraq.

But the most important factor with regard to the war, and the one that I cannot get past is the cost of human lives. It's the death and injury to a segment of our population that breaks my heart and causes my outrage. How dare he take our people, innocent beautiful people, into war when the people with the best intelligence advised against it? Americans as a whole didn't want it. We wanted to get the people who terrorized our country. It made no sense then and it makes even less sense now. Even he knows that and admits how horrendous the entire mess is. Of course that doesn't mean he wants us to get our people out.

He isn't nearly as concerned as I am about sparing the life of even one more American in Iraq, or hundreds or even thousands more Americans that may die. How he can look the paren, in their faces and tell him that it's for a worthy cause makes me believe that the mark of the beast is indeed engraved somewhere on his head, in fact on his very soul.

I saw George Tenet being interviewed today. If he is telling the truth, Condi Rice had information in June of 2001 that might have prevented 9/11. If she had passed it on to George Bush. Did she ignore it, or did Bush? It's hard to believe someone as intelligent as Rice would dismiss such a warning from the CIA.

Was anyone surprised to learn that the head of the CIA was utterly STUNNED when the anti-terrorist focus was suddenly shifted from Afghanistan to Iraq?

Not withstanding selective memory loss and partisan political beliefs, how do you explain 1) Clinton was impeached; 2) Clinton was disbarred?

Neither of those actions by either Congress or the American Bar Association were based on 'finding nothing'.

He was investigated for anything he ever touched(Ok, a little exagerated, but not much). After all that time and money, all they had on him was that he lied about a BJ.

Carlene: These things have been suggested and spoken of indirectly, but now the administration is going to have to face the music for real because the people who were directly involved are willing to come forward. That's how lousy, rotten and wrong the whole thing is. It stinks to high heaven and somebody just has to do something!

Now if we could also have more folks come forward about the voting machine fiasco, maybe we can actually have an honest national election in this country.

What in God's name brought us to all this? Just money and power or are there more complicated issues that we aren't aware of? I know the Republicans who are pro-Bush will tell you it is for the greater good and that they are proud and happy with the results. The fact is, they hated Bill Clinton and all he did while in office so much, it appears that they are willing to turn their heads to the serious consequences and accept the current administration and declare that it is an improvement. We better hope to hell this isn't as good as we can expect to get in national politics.

georgebals, you got that right!! The thing that is just nuts is that in the U.S., at least, they don't even have to be smart and have some style about them. We have some of the most lackluster people in our government these days and it sucks. It wasn't always this bad. There are degrees of badness and this is the baddest. You can quote me. :wink2:

Ok Everyone,

I hate to interupt your Bush bashing party, but I just had to reply to this one! Has anyone in this forum ever been the President of The United States of America? I don't believe so, and I highly doubt any one of us will ever be the President. The Presidency is the most difficult job in the entire WORLD! I can fully understand why some people are not happy with the war in Iraq, but I want to point out that we have a volunteer military and everyone knows when they join what they are getting themselves into. I, for one, have a nephew in Iraq who is happy to be there protecting us from having a major war on our own land. He also tells me that every soldier he knows there feels the same way!

Has everyone forgotten about 9/11 and how heartbreaking it was for this nation? I, for one, will never forget those images we all saw on TV with people jumping out of windows and the twin towers falling. It was horrible! It is a proven fact Hussein was providing financial support and other resources to countries training those terrorists, plus some were trained in Iraq!

So there were no weapons of mass destruction when we got there, they had several months to remove them prior to our arrival, because they knew we were coming, just not the exact date. Plus the fact is that they could be buried; Iraq is not a tiny country. They also fit into very small containers because they are so potent. Most believe they are in Syria now; another scary thought. Another fact is our leaders used the same intelligence the rest of the world also believed was true before we went to war. The UN would do nothing, even though Hussein had been denying inspectors into the country for years.

So, bottom line, he is doing what he feels in his heart is right to protect this country. Bottom line, no one here knows the intelligence he hears everyday. Bottom line, our soldiers don't share the opinions expressed in this thread so far.

As for the Dixie Chicks, their opinions and comments have cost them their careers! They had to cancel most of their tour in America because no one wants to go see them, a fact I hate because I like their music. Plus, Natalie Maines is from my home town.

Just some more food for thought here as well. Bill Clinton embarassed this country to the highest degree with his sexual escapade with Monica. What a great role model for the children of our nation!

I could not have said this better myself. Until we walk just a day in his shoes, we should not judge to this degree. Do I think he comes across as arrogant...somewhat, yes. Do I think he believes what he is doing is the right thing when he does it? Yes, I do, whether he is in fact right or wrong. Do I think he was the EXACT right man for the job when 9/11 did hit? ABSOLUTELY! He was there and in the thick of it.

I agree with what several others have said. We are so desensitized in this country we DO forget about September 11th and the crushing blow it was to all of us. If it weren't for the fact that it would be too difficult for the families that lost loved ones, I personally think the media should run footage on a daily basis of 9/11 to remind us all why we are there in the first place and the magnitude to which these terrorists want us dead. It is certainly not over yet, although I pray for God's mercy every day.

It is very easy to point fingers and place blame. But every time you point a finger you have three pointing right back at you. It is up to us, so all I can say is however you choose in November, please choose wisely and please vote. Remember, we as a nation collectively put these people in office so the blame game is really on us.

You are obviously conservative and probably Republicans. Of course you want to defend your president. It is completely understandable.

But you must understand that many of us (I'd guess at least 50% of Americans) totally disagree that 9/11 actually had anything at all to do with our shock and awe invasion of Iraq. And each and every rationale that you list only add fire to the fire in our bellies about this administration's lack of honesty, their disregard for the Constitution, the environment, our military personnel, and their unbelievable greed.

To our way of thinking, the atrocities that this administration has committed are far, far more embarrassing and worse than the former president's sexual indiscretions. And thousands have died because of this president. Thousands!

This administration did all they could to cloak the war in Iraq with the robe of the 9-11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center. They kept us living in utter terror with their constantly changing levels of threat and constant reminders of how vulnerable the United States is. They used it until it finally became embarrassing to the White House.

His latest fiasco was his big pronouncement that he endorses off-shore drilling for oil. And to underscore that statement of brilliance, the oil prices dropped that day. And you still think that this president isn't a pawn in this game? A game that you and me and most middle class Americans are paying for.

It is beyond me how you and I can be living in the same country and have such polar opposite beliefs about what has happened to this country over the past 7.5 years. But we do, and those differences and our ability to voice our thoughts and beliefs is what makes this country stronger than most other countries.

I do hope that you will agree (even if we think George W. Bush is absolutely the worst president at least in recent history) that we need to elect a new president who will actually be an good example to Americans and the rest of the world and who will be strong enough and intelligent enough to lead us out of this disasterous mess that we are in.

Edited by BJean