Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

George Bush: Worst American president in history

I stand corrected

CNN/Opinion Research Poll taken 7/27 - 8/29

Wrong Track 76%

Right Track 24%

Looks like the 76% educate themselves too.

Where is it Bush's fault, please don't take us for fools.

The US Senate and Congress has lower support in the opinion polls than Bush, and they're controlled by the Dems. So those statistics can be taken a different way entirely.

The US Senate and Congress has lower support in the opinion polls than Bush, and they're controlled by the Dems. So those statistics can be taken a different way entirely.

Bingo.

It all depends on which channel and whose propaganda you're going to listen to.

Here are the current numbers in case anyone wants them:

President Bush Job Approval

RCP Average (average of several national polls)

Approve 32.7

Disapprove 64.1

Spread -31.4

Congressional Job Approval

Approve 20.3

Disapprove 72.0

Spread -51.7

This is from RealClearPolitics - Opinion, News, Analysis, Videos and Polls (left column, towards the bottom) for dates 9/5 thru 9/11

It's interesting to me how everyone blames Bush for everything. It shows a general misunderstanding of politics. Bush is an executive; he doesn't make law. That's the job of the legislative branch, or the Democrat-run Congress (and Senate).

My daughter, age 8, periodically asks me things like, "Why doesn't President Bush make ______ legal (or illegal)?", or, "If McCain is elected, will he make _____ legal (or illegal)?" (I'm specifically leaving the issue out because it isn't the point). I explain to her every time that the President isn't in charge of making the law, but it's difficult for her 8YO mind to grasp because it feels, from watching the news, that he's like a king -- in charge of everything, with the ability to make laws as he chooses. Apparently, many in adult America need to hear the same lecture.

Good luck finding a support site where everyone thinks President Bush is wonderful.

A quick google pulled up www.probush.com

I don't understand why it's such a hard concept...Not everyone (obviously) has the same feelings. While I was cringing when Clinton was in office, I was not arrogant enough to think MY opinion is the only opinion Americans have.

Why would everyone be anti-Bush just because you are?

I think you are missing my point. The poster I was responding too seemed quite indignant that people would dare to criticize the President on a WLS support site.

I was just wishing her luck in her Quest to find a support site where everyone agreed with her. Or, as she put it, no one was "stupid". :wink_smile:

not everyone is anti-bush because I am. But the big majority of Americans think Bush has been a disaster to this county.

momfive, although I agree with you politically, you should note that this is the Rants and Raves section of the board -- as it says above, "Enter at your own risk". You will find that many of us discuss political and social issues here. Dive on in -- the water's fine!

An Englishman recently referred to Bush on a musicial video awards show as that "funny little cowboy chap" which goes to show you that much of the rest of the world doesn't get Yankee politics.

Here are the current numbers in case anyone wants them:

President Bush Job Approval

Approve 32.7

Disapprove 64.1

Spread -31.4

Congressional Job Approval

Approve 20.3

Disapprove 72.0

Spread -51.7

This is from RealClearPolitics - Opinion, News, Analysis, Videos and Polls (left column, towards the bottom) for dates 9/5 thru 9/11

It's interesting to me how everyone blames Bush for everything. It shows a general misunderstanding of politics. Bush is an executive; he doesn't make law. That's the job of the legislative branch, or the Democrat-run Congress (and Senate).

My daughter, age 8, periodically asks me things like, "Why doesn't President Bush make ______ legal (or illegal)?", or, "If McCain is elected, will he make _____ legal (or illegal)?" (I'm specifically leaving the issue out because it isn't the point). I explain to her every time that the President isn't in charge of making the law, but it's difficult for her 8YO mind to grasp because it feels, from watching the news, that he's like a king -- in charge of everything, with the ability to make laws as he chooses. Apparently, many in adult America need to hear the same lecture.

This is interesting for me as a Canadian to hear. You see, our Prime Minister is both law maker and executive. We follow the British parliamentary system. If the President is not a law maker then does his/her opinions on legal matters such as abortion really matter much? What does matter in a good Presidency? I ask these questions as a foreigner.

This is interesting for me as a Canadian to hear. You see, our Prime Minister is both law maker and executive. We follow the British parliamentary system. If the President is not a law maker then does his/her opinions on legal matters such as abortion really matter much? What does matter in a good Presidency? I ask these questions as a foreigner.

Thanks for these questions, green. I don't have much time as I'm about to board a plane, but I'll try to give you some of the broader points. The President does not have the ability to make law, but he does have the ability to veto laws or not sign them into being. So if the Congress votes a law in and the President disapproves of it, he can veto it (it can be overridden in Congress with a strong majority, however). The benefit, for pro-lifers, of having a President against abortion is that he has the power to appoint Supreme Court justices when there are vacancies. The President generally sets the "tone" and his party generally looks to him for direction on both fiscal and social issues.

Hope that helps! I'm sure there are others who can fill in the gaps, and there are numerous websites that can help out. I'm on my way from Dallas to California in about 10 minutes; catch you on the flip side!

Are you serious I think he is the hole WORLD JOKE and it's very embaracing for us to have him as a president.He is stupid, imcopentent and I'm very surprised the american people kept him there until now. Did anyone heard about impeachment?

Are you serious I think he is the hole WORLD JOKE and it's very embaracing for us to have him as a president.He is stupid, imcopentent and I'm very surprised the american people kept him there until now. Did anyone heard about impeachment?

Wow....that's some irony right there.

It's difficult to take seriously anyone who can't even spell the derogatory words they are using. In that case I'm not even sure the user knows what he or she is saying.