Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

George Bush: Worst American president in history

To all the Shrub supporters:

I think it's interesting that Clinton lied about a personal matter and was subsequently impeached.

AG Gonzales makes no attempt to hide his servitude to the Bush Administration while showing contempt for Congress. He lied to Congress about his actions by which he used his office to politicize a supposedly independent branch of government.

There is no contest as to which is more aggregious.

So will Gonzales get burned at the stake? Nope. He won't even lose his job. The Administration will probably try to divert our attention with gay marriage or immigration issues.

After all, he's just doing what Shrub wants him to do, like Brownie, Rumsfeld and all the other corrupt incompetents who have just quietly resigned, and have not even so much admitted their their errors -- and people who support him can share in that shame.

Twelve years of Reaganomics? He was in office 8 years; where did the other 4 come from?

Nevertheless, one should remember that much of the deregulation of industry that made Reaganomics look good was actually initiated under Carter. So who's riding whose coattails?

In addition, unemployment was HUGE in 1982 and 83 - almost 10% of the labor force. Kind of shoots down your theory regarding the benefits of tax breaks for big business, huh?

Clinton's second term set a record for the nation's longest peacetime economic expansion. That would be long after any remnants of Reaganomics. After enormous deficits in the 1980s and early 90s - including a $290 billion deficit in 1992 - by 1998 we saw the first balanced budget since 1969. The stock market tripled in value and the country enjoyed the lowest unemployment rate in almost 30 years.

And I'm sure you remember what Bush Sr called Reaganomics....."voodoo economics". One of the few things the Bushes and I agree on.

The other 4 was Bush senior

Shrub is so corrupt and has ruined so many lives it can't begin to be counted. He has more incompetent idiots in his cabinet than any other president in history -- and that's saying a lot!

Bush's appointees have to be incompetent idiots. Who else would go along with all the stuff they've done and set themselves up as the fall guys?

Is it just me or does anyone else think it's funny that at the top of the page there is a link titled "Are you Stupid" and another titled "US War in Iraq". I don't know if those links are specific to the reader or if they appear based on the content in the thread but it seems funny to me.

I think I'm going to find out if I'm stupid first just in case.

Yeah it is choice. It is funny. Susannah

This was sent to me, think it says it all.............

if this is really true, then why would anyone vote for less ? ? ? ?

Dark and best kept secrets about Our Social Security.

Many years ago in Seattle, two wonderful neighbors,

Elliott and Patty Roosevelt came to my home to swim on

a regular basis. They were a great couple full of

laughter and stories that today I continue to marvel

at. Both are now deceased, but their stories remain.

During the years of our friendship we had many, many

discussions about Elliott's parents (President Franklin D.

and Eleanor Roosevelt) and how his father and mother

never intended for the Social Security and Welfare

programs to turn out the way they are today. Elliott

used to say that if his parents returned to earth and

saw what the politicians had done to their programs

they would have burned all of them in hell.

Here is a story I received today regarding the Social

Security Program and I immediately thought of

Elliott's comments. I Hope you will read

this and think about it.

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social

Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be

completely voluntary,

2.) That the participants would only have to pay

1% of the first $1,400 of their annual

incomes into the Program,

3.) That the money the participants elected to put

into the Program would be deductible from

their income for tax purposes each year,

4.) That the money the participants put into the

independent "Trust Fund" rather than into the

General operating fund, and therefore, would

only be used to fund the Social Security

Retirement Program, and no other

Government program, and,

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees

would never be taxed as income

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are

now receiving a Social Security check every month --

and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of

the money we paid to the Federal government to "put

away" -- you may be interested in the following:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the

independent "Trust Fund" and put it into the

General fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically

controlled House and Senate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax

deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social

Security annuities????

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the

"tie-breaking" deciding vote as President of the

Senate, while he was Vice President of the US .

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving

annuity payments to immigrants?

This is MY FAVORITE:

A: That's right! Jimmy Carter! And the Democratic Party of course!

Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65,

began to receive Social Security payments! The

Democratic Party gave these payments to them,

even though they never paid a dime into it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, after doing all this lying and thieving and violating

of the original contract (FICA), the Democrats

turn around and tell you that the Republicans

want to take your Social Security away!

And the worst part about it is uninformed

citizens believe it!

This was sent to me, think it says it all.............

if this is really true, then why would anyone vote for less ? ? ? ?

You know, it's considered irresponsible to post/forward so-called "information" like this without doing at least some research to determine its accuracy.

1. There was NEVER a provision is the SS Act of 1935 for the SS tax to be voluntary.

2. SS taxes were NEVER limited to the first $1400 of annual income. The original Act contained provisions to gradually increase the rate to 3% over 12 years and, of course, the rate has been adjusted many times since.

3. The SS Act of 1935 specifically stated that SS taxes were NOT allowed as income tax deductions, and at no time has that changed.

4. The SS Trust Fund was established in 1939. The monies from this fund are not, and never have been, put into the "general operating fund". There is a problem, in that the government has a long history of "investing" SS funds by lending them to itself. This practice, however, can by no means be blamed on one Party, or a single administration.

5. Neither Roosevelt nor the original SS Act promised that SS would not be taxed. Amendments to the SS Act passed by Congress in 1983 allowed for 50% of SS benefits to be considered taxable income, for higher income taxpayers only. The idea originated with a proposal issued by the Greenspan Commission, appointed by Ronald Reagan.

6. Legislation that increased the taxable portion of SS to 85% was part of the massive Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993, which passed without a single Republican vote. Presumably because the increase effected only higher income retirees.

7. No one is eligible to collect SS benefits unless he/she has paid into the system. You are confusing SS with SSI, a welfare program designed to assist aged, blind, and disabled people who are very, very low income. The SSI legislation, however, was not enacted by Jimmy Carter, but by Richard Nixon.

For what it's worth, I sincerely apologize for my curtness, my lack of tolerance.....whatever you want to call it.

As a (former) Rodeo Mom myself, a band sister, and a fellow Texan, I want you to know that it is not my intention to imply that I am in any way "smarter" than you.

I respect your political beliefs and more importantly, I respect your right to voice them. I just feel it is way too easy in this world of instant communication, search engines, and Photoshopped "evidence" to do a lot of damage to actual events and real people.

I think we owe it to ourselves, as well as the people we communicate with, to at least Google some of the more blatant propaganda before we hit the "post" button and send it all over the world. If someone posted info about you, I'm sure you would want it to at least be accurate. The opposing Party, whatever our position might be, is still made up of Americans and they deserve that small consideration. Hillary deserves it.....George Bush deserves it....they ALL deserve it. I bash GWB shamlessly, but I do not post lies about him.

I love you guys, too.....Liberals, Atheists, Republicans, gays, Lesbians, fundamentalists, and Yankees. :biggrin1:

(I didn't leave anyone out, did I?)

Carlene: You're very sweet and you're being very generous. Nice to see under the circumstances. It can be very frustrating to watch people embrace things that they hope are true even when those things are not supported by facts. I've been guilty of jumping on the wrong bandwagon too. But there are so many myths going around about Social Security. It's been going on practically my entire lifetime. Everytime a Republican takes office they use Social Security to try to incite their constituents. If they were serious about SS reform, they wouldn't tell people that putting Social Security money back in the taxpayers hands for them to invest, is a viable answer. It's a political gambit.