Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm from Tulsa, Oklahoma

Thanks for the info, I'll see you there on the 2nd! I was banded on 2-21-07 in OKC by Dr. Nelson...I've lost 50lbs so far...only 100 more to go!!! Was your experience with Dr. Gorospe a good one?? I was going to have him do mine but had problems with his staff...:)

Any of you use Dr. Katsis. I have my educational meeting on July 2 with Dr. Katsis and Dr. Fisher. I will be self-pay. I am trying to find out how much they charge because I am trying to decide if I want to go to Denver for the surgery. I haven't had much luck with their business office. They tell me they will go over all of that at the educational meeting. Any help would be appreciated!!!

I was also self-pay, & went to Dr. Nelson of Oklahoma Weight Loss Options in OKC. I paid about 17,500....but it was totally worth it & the office staff rocks!! How much is it supposed to cost in Denver?? Also, just so you know, whenever you need fills or have rechecks, Denver is a long drive, & I know for a fact that Surgical Associates won't fill your band unless they did the surgery on you! I'm not sure about Dr. Gorospe...they might do fills...good luck!;)

Kindredspirit - Congratulations on 50 lbs! That is GREAT! I am happy I with Dr. G, I don't think his staff is very personable, and I felt like a number, until Dr. G did the surgery, they seem to have warmed up now. The one thing I am pleased with is the fills, he doesn't do the fills, they have them done at the hospital by the Radiology dept. They do them under flouro and make sure you have the best restriction. I don't have to beg for a fill - if I feel I need one they schedule me. A lot of dr.s don't give you one unless you quit losing weight - Dr. G works with his patients. So I think because of that, it has enabled me to lose as much weight as I have and still be healthy and strong!

DrRx - Tulsa - I have heard wonderful things about Dr. Fisher and how wonderful his staff is. One of the ladies at our last support meeting used him, however, the one thing I don't like about him is he is extremely conservative on his fills. He starts out with only .5 cc's of a fill and this lady is only down 20 lbs because she still has such a small amount of fill and no restriction yet. So thats the only thing is he is very conservative. I guess he is cautious, which is good, but it can be discouraging for awhile and not losing weight while your trying to get the popper restriction. But, I have heard he is very nice and personable and his nurse Anita - I've heard nothing but glowing reports about her.

One recommendation - before you have your surgery, make sure you get your fill doctor ligned up - You might be able to just call Southcrest hospital and ask them about it, I know their radiology dept was doing mine. I will be switching to Baily Medical Center in July because Dr. G is using his partner (Dr. Kirk) who is working out of Baily now (In Owasso) and Dr. Kirk will be doing all the fills going forward - Dr. Kirk is the bomb, I love him!

I'm planning on having lapband done up in Denver. I'm from OKC and wanted to know if anyone knows any good fill docs around here???

Amie

Howdy from OK. We are recent transplants. My DW had her lapband surgery last May in IN and I'm considering it. I say "considering" it b/c I'm watching her progress. :cry

We were wondering if Dr. Keith does fills for other patients if we have her file transferred from IN. Both facilities are "Centers of Excellence". Actually my wife needs a slight unfill. It's difficult for her to get hard Proteins down. :phanvan She's only had 2 fills total without complications.

Any info on Dr. Keith would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, is there a group meeting in the OKC area?

I wanted to let all the Oklahoma Bandsters know of a support group that I started. Its for all and everyone, no matter what doc you used. We have it the 1st Monday of every month.

The next meeting will be August 6th at 6:00 pm til 7:00 pm, It is held at Barnes & Noble book store on 71st street (By Woodland Hills Mall) Tulsa, OK. We have it in the coffee shop, so far there has been around 4 to 6 people attend and each time it seems to grow a little.

The meetings are very helpful, there is a great RN that attends (she had her surgery in TX as well) and she has ran a lot of support groups in the past. I will not be at the August meeting because I will be on my cruise!!! Yay. But the meeting will go on and I hope to have some new people there. We share books recipes, tips, and just have a great time. I hope everyone can attend!

Just may have to pop in there sometime. I don't think Tulsa is too far from OKC. I'll put it to a yahoo map and check it out. Thanks and enjoy your cruise. It sounds like fun.

Okay well I forgot about the meeting Monday!! Guess I will have to try the Sep. one. Since the next one is labor day, are we going to have it a different week? Just Curious.

Kristi

I was wondering if anyone has used Dr Keith in Norman and what your thoughts were. I am scheduled for my surgical consult next Friday and am excited.

Praelynn,

I don't know anyone personally who has used him. I thought about it, but I used a Dallas doc.

Kristi

hi i am from okla too and dr. henry herrilleno has moved from the dallas tx area to elk city, ok and is going to be doing lap band surgerys there.

Hey there alma2bfree...i live in Pauls Valley, Oklahoma and am seeing Dr. Nelson as well. I am having surgery on Oct 2 and am axious to get this show on the road. So far I have talked to Dr. Nelson once and she seemed very nice and knowledgable. What did you think about her work? Did your surgery come out good and how long was it before you could return to work? She told me there will be a 10 day modified diet before the surgery....does this mean liquid diet or low cal. diet??? Anyway, I would sooo appriciate any info. you can give. I am on medicare am 33 y/o on disability but work...and I weight 265. Thanks for much for the info. Hope you are doing great.

i am in oklahoma about half way between dallas and oklahoma...does anyone know of a fill doctor in either of these cities. i will be having surgery sept 20, in tj mexico. thanks