Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm from Tulsa, Oklahoma

Hello everyone....looks like many of you are progressing nicely from the sound of your posts! Way to go Okies!!!

I will soon be at my one year anniversary, and I have lost 35 pounds total. My restriction is so tight that I cannot tolerate "anything" (food or drink) before noon. I was hoping for better results...but I'm thankful for the weight loss I have obtained.

I remind myself that my band is only a tool....the rest is up to me. It's sometimes hard to see the future with tears in your eyes. Good luck everyone! Dreamer

Hello Dreamer. You are right about the 35 pounds, be proud of those that are gone forever. What I don't understand though if you are so tight it looks like you would have lost more. I am still relatively new at this. I have gotton my first fill but to my dismay I feel little to no restriction. I am hoping for better results with my next one. I have read that sometimes you have to go back and re-evaluate the rules of the band, and how we are supposed to be eating and of course "what we eat." I am finding myself having to do that already. I am about 6 weeks out from surgery with little weight loss. I am just hoping I haven't stretched my pouch. Do you worry about that? They say you can hold so much more when it is dialated. My greatest loss was on my pre-op diet. I am hoping things get better with another fill. How many have you had. I have a 10cm band, one fill, that I think was 1.7ccs.

When went in for surgery I weighed 272 one month before my surgery I weighed 282 today 04/16/2007 I weigh 238 2 days ago I weighed 233 so go figure. I will have my 3rd fill tomorrow, so maybe I will start losing again. My problem is eating to much and not exercising enough:o . I need to get motivated. I am proud of the pounds I have lost amd I have went from a size 22w to 16w:) I hope I keep losing good luck to you.

Alma2bfree

Hello! Sorry its been so long guys and girls. I have a new BF, he takes up too much of my time. LOL I was wondering if we have talked anymore about getting together, or did I miss the big shindig already?

You are all doing great on the weight loss, keep up the good work.

BlueTattoo, sorry I used the doc in texas. but I have heard good things about dr. Keith, not heard about the other one. You need to ask some questions about them, how many lapband surgeries have they done, whats their success rate(weight loss from patients), do they have follow up care, etc.

Dreamer, if you have that much restriction, maybe you are getting a lot of empty calories in the way of drinks or something? After I got my first fill, I was so restricted, I couldn't keep anything down, I had to go get a small unfill. She only removed .2cc of saline, but it has mad all the difference in the world. I am almost never hungry now, but I can eat or drink only a little.

Well I am pooped, its late. Hello to everyone else, sunshine,oklabubba, alma, sugarbear,kenna, misschrissie, ousooner, Sorry if I missed anyone.

Kristi

went for a fill last Tuesday, I have not been able to eat at all and drink very little. 2 proein shakes a day if I am lucky. I am going in the morning for an unfill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alma

Alma2bfree, just curious, did they have you eat and drink before you left the office? When was your surgery? I have only had one fill. I have no restriction at this time. I have a 10cm band. I have heard that sometimes they have to unfill a small amount. How has your weight loss been going otherwise? I am kinda new at this, hope you don't mind the questions.

Hello! Sorry its been so long guys and girls. I have a new BF, he takes up too much of my time. LOL I was wondering if we have talked anymore about getting together, or did I miss the big shindig already?

You are all doing great on the weight loss, keep up the good work.

BlueTattoo, sorry I used the doc in texas. but I have heard good things about dr. Keith, not heard about the other one. You need to ask some questions about them, how many lapband surgeries have they done, whats their success rate(weight loss from patients), do they have follow up care, etc.

Dreamer, if you have that much restriction, maybe you are getting a lot of empty calories in the way of drinks or something? After I got my first fill, I was so restricted, I couldn't keep anything down, I had to go get a small unfill. She only removed .2cc of saline, but it has mad all the difference in the world. I am almost never hungry now, but I can eat or drink only a little.

Well I am pooped, its late. Hello to everyone else, sunshine,oklabubba, alma, sugarbear,kenna, misschrissie, ousooner, Sorry if I missed anyone.

Kristi

Congrats on a new BF - thats always exciting and fun! No, we have not gotten together, but I'm up for it. Maybe now that the weather is getting nicer, we can plan a luncheon some place - anyone have suggestions? I would love to meet fellow Oklahoma Bandsters.

Hi! I live in Edmond (Oklahoma City) and my insurance won't pay. I am going to Mexico at the end of June to have surgery by Dr. Joya. I am very excited! The cost is only $8,000.00 and includes airfare. Plus Dr. Joya has done thousands of the proceedure as compared to the doctor here who had done only four. That worried me a bit. Do the Oklahoma bandters ever get together, or would you like to? Let me know!:rolleyes:

Hello - I would love to have a get together of us Okies sometime. Where is Dr. Joya, what part of Mexico?

Hi everybody,

I know I havent been in here in a loooong time. I just dont get online that much anymore. I am very active with family and friends especially now that I can get outside. My life has changed so much in the last 6 months its amazing. I used to just come home from work and flop down on the couch, now I come in, change clothes, and go outside. Life is good. My husband says all the time, he cant believe how much energy I have now. Well just wanted to peek in a minute and let everyone know that everything is good, I just have a totally different lifestyle now. Hope all of you are well too.

Hugs to all.

misschrissie,

I know what you mean about having a life!! Now that I dont feel tired all the time, and CAN run, and CAN bike, and CAN do lots of stuff, I WANT to, whereas I never wanted to before, even if I could have...I was too tired all the time. Now I am scuba certified, I am going to go skydiving, and learn how to rollerskate(grew up in INOLA, dirt roads, never had the chance to learn), I am going to go down to Dallas to the Six Flags hurricane harbor, and try my hand at surfing. Geesh, its SO much better to fit in, and not be afraid of failing in front of people, 'cause I am not so different now. Just a bit overweight, not a hog. I love what the lapband has done for me. I have lost 62 ish lbs now, and I can't wait to get to my goal, I may even surpass it. My original goal was 150, but hey, who knows?

I don't know who is willing to drive, or for how long, but the riverwalk in tulsa has a great atmosphere with live bands every fri, sat, and sunday, we could all share appetizers, or just eat the chips...LOL. We could stroll along the river too. Its nice cause its way up right now, we actually have water!!! Woo Hoo! I think it would be a nice rendevous place for us to meet, but I am willing to drive, also. So lets discuss meeting somewhere and sometime!!

Kristi

hi sunshine, from sand springs ok and i was banded may 22 2007 by dr gorospe, and dr kirk i love them both. went in for my post op visit and have lost 24lbs, sooooo happy, it has already changed my life. would love to have local support besides the one and only support group available. just two weeks after surgery and i have alot more energy. i even asked my husband for a bicycle for my upcoming bday, havent been on a bike since elementary school, my weight loss goal is quite high 150lbs so long way to go, good luck with everything if i can help just let me know

mel b

cant wait to peddle

hi sunshine, from sand springs ok and i was banded may 22 2007 by dr gorospe, and dr kirk i love them both. went in for my post op visit and have lost 24lbs, sooooo happy, it has already changed my life. would love to have local support besides the one and only support group available. just two weeks after surgery and i have alot more energy. i even asked my husband for a bicycle for my upcoming bday, havent been on a bike since elementary school, my weight loss goal is quite high 150lbs so long way to go, good luck with everything if i can help just let me know

mel b

cant wait to peddle

Mel b - I started a local support group and last Monday (June 4) was our first meeting, we had 4 people show up, but I think it will grow.

We are meeting the 1st Monday of every month, so our next meeting is July 2 - its held at the Barnes & Noble book store coffee shop.

I know Doc G has one on the 2nd Monday of the month, but they are mainly for RNY patients. I plan on going to his next meeting which is this Monday.

Congrats on your surgery. It only gets better - I am very happy with my outcome. I weighed this morning and have lost a total of 69 lbs now. I weighed 179 this morning, first time in 14 + years I have weighed in the 170's! I am very happy!

Hey there, I'm from tulsa also but got my band in OKC...I need a support group here because it's totally inconvenient to drive all the way there for a one hour meeting, if you know what I mean. Anyway, I'd love to come to the meeting at Barnes & Noble, but could you tell me which one?? Thanks so much & maybe I'll be seein' ya!:)

Hey there, I'm from tulsa also but got my band in OKC...I need a support group here because it's totally inconvenient to drive all the way there for a one hour meeting, if you know what I mean. Anyway, I'd love to come to the meeting at Barnes & Noble, but could you tell me which one?? Thanks so much & maybe I'll be seein' ya!:)

Hey there - we would love for you to come! We meet at the Barnes & Noble on 71st Street (By Woodland Hills Mall), our next meeting is July 2nd. Do you belong to Oklahomabandsters@yahoo.com? If not, you might join that group as well!

When did you get banded?