Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm from Tulsa, Oklahoma

Hello, I am from Southeast Oklahoma and was banded Dec. 28th...that's right...right after Christmas...I am still in the two week post-op liquid diet and I am hoping that it ends quickly...have you ever noticed that there aren't many options when you are on a liquid diet...HaHaHa

Anyway, I am excited because I have already lost over 20 lbs and it has only been a week since surgery...everyone at school (I am a teacher) is very excited for me too, so they are my support group...I didn't tell anyone that I was having this done, so when we came back from the holiday break, it was a surprise...I am anxious to see how much I have lost by the time I go for my first fill...(6 weeks)

Well, gotta get back to my class...they are almost finished with their snowmen pictures...Looking forward to chating with everyone!!!

I am excited because I have already lost over 20 lbs and it has only been a week since surgery..

WOW, that is GREAT! I can't wait to hear what you lost at your 6 week fill either!

Imagine her weight in 6 months? Ya no, by yhe summer time.

Shirley.:faint:

Hello everyone,

I haven't been here in awhile. We went on vacation for 2 weeks. :hippie: While on vacation, I married my best friend and biggest supporter. :( Of course, wished I had been slimmer for the wedding, but it was beautiful anyway. (I am going to post a pic here.) I felt so good on vacation and was able to walk and do more than I have in years. :( Gosh that was such a wonderful feeling. I got my first fill last week and Dr. Fisher says I am right on track and he really wouldnt want me losing any faster. :pout: Anyway, the fill was just what I needed as I was starting to get hungry again.

Hope everyone is doing well, I know some of you are getting really close to your surgery dates. :clap2: I am very excited for you. It really is a whole new life!

post-205908-13813134512771_thumb.jpg

HOWDEY FOLKS Are they anyone around Tulsa that may be having your surgery in the next 3-6 months and are you selfpay? Have you found a Doctor already? Im probably going to go to mexico and get mine. Am I going ALONE????

HOWDEY FOLKS Are they anyone around Tulsa that may be having your surgery in the next 3-6 months and are you selfpay? Have you found a Doctor already? Im probably going to go to Mexico and get mine. Am I going ALONE????

I am just south of Tulsa and I was self-pay. Dr Fisher at Surgical Associates and Southcrest hospital both give a discount for self-payers. It's still not cheap, but it is certainly worth it! Also some insurances will cover you from day one, other consider obesity a pre-existing condition and you will have a waiting period. Just check with your company. Good luck. Also one thing to think about if going to Mexico is where are you going to get your fills and do your follow-up after you get back? Most doctors around here wont do them if you had surgery done elsewhere.

Chrissie, Congrats on your wedding. You looked beautiful!

Hi,

I am from about 70 miles north of Tulsa, and i am goning to be a self pay also. I am looking at that time frame for my trip. I am still just trying to decide if i feel comfortable enough to go to MX to get this done. My dh i think will be okay, but I sure can't tell my mother that is where i am going. She would worry too much. There was a post on a dr. in CO that is pretty resonable, so that might be one to look at. Where i am looking at. if i can find my print out of that i can get you name ect. for your info. good luck! sonia

Hello. I haven't posted here in a bit. Just wanted to pop in and see how every one is doing with the ice and sleet? I know we had someone from McAlester here at one time. Heard they had no power down there. How is everyone? I am supposed to go to Dallas Tuesday(from Broken Arrow) for a fill. I don't think I will be making it this week. Unless I fly, and alll the runways are clear. I dunno. It's a toss up I guess.

I have a question for ya'll. Do you remember where they are putting that big Indian carving? I thought it was going to be down riverside drive here in Tulsa, on the west side of the river, but I am not so sure. And when is it coming? Not a big deal, just wondering, without going and searching. Hey, we all need to get together when it gets warmer. Go for a walk or light meal or something

I will try to post more, I have been posting at the single bandsters mostly. I tried the November bandsters, but there are so many of us, I can't keep up with everyone. I like the smaller threads.

Kristi

Hello everyone...I am from Atoka in southeastern Oklahoma. Many in our area are still without power, but God bless the linemen who have worked around the clock to restore power as quickly as possible.

I was banded in Tijuana, MX and the surgical center was state of the art. I get my fills from Paris Imaging in Paris, Tx for $350.00....and that is very reasonable from what I've heard. It is a self-referal...done under floroscopy and Radiologist....takes about 15 minutes!

Good luck fellow Okies...stay warm and safe! Dreamer

I have probably the same story as you, I have self-control overy every other aspect of my life but this and why???? is the question. Twice in my life have I been within normal weight range (late high school/early married),then lost weight after 2nd child gained ever since its been 12 years of yo-yo dieting. I do not want gastric bypas, lapband seems less invasive. From tulsa, what do you know of the docs in this area and the cost?? and was it worth it.??? help me make the decision

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to say HI and we made it through the ice storm. We've been without power since last Saturday, but are back on now. I sure appreciate all the linemen who have been working 16 hours a day! Hope everyone else faired okay too.

I'm from Michigan!: So I don't no any Dr.'s down there., But,,, you can believe in your own common sence, the band is the way to go...

If you have by-pass, and are haveing a bad time with it! There's no going back. If you choose the band and are haveing a hard time with it. They can take out your fills, and you just stay on say 1000 calories a day. But with the band still in place, you still have to chew,chew like it was filled.

If it has to come out? You can do that to, thean you are back to square 1. The only reason I am wrighting is on 10/31/06 Is whean I had a 4cc band put on, and I only have 1 cc in it, and am loseing weight. So you can nock yourself out, or you can do it easy. That's what my Surgeon is prefering. He says it's o.k. to get hungry "were suppose to" but eat a little and the feeling is gone right? I said yes! Thean your band is working for you.

It's up to you, but I believe you all ready no what to do.. Shirley...