Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tell Me About Your New Clothes

So what are you all doing for new clothes now that you are smaller and looking fabulous? I am tentatively scheduled for surgery Nov. 19, and have started collecting clothes in smaller sizes. I know it may be putting the cart before the horse but I wanted to have some things ready ahead of time (I am a planner by nature). I have not bought retail, just in case I hit a snag for some reason - it's been mostly tag/garage sales and consignment shops. I've gotten some amazing deals. Just wanted to get some ideas from folks that have been there about where they got their new duds. Always looking for ideas.

I have old clothes that are boxed up that I don't fit in anymore from times I lost weight that didn't stick. Though I am really excited about shopping when I get there! I to have thought of shopping now but after doing some reararch on here, many suggest waiting because you lose so fast!

I had some clothes that I had "outgrown" so I went to those first. I shop sales and at Ross Dress for Less. I have a basic belief about clothes shopping - I only buy what works RIGHT NOW. I find that the smaller I get, what looks good/fits right really depends on the cut and fit of the clothes. I deserve to look my best so i am not settling for something just because it covers me. Right now I am solidly in the size 14s and that is all I buy even though it is tempting to get something cute in the next size down, but what I realize is that there will be something else even cuter and I need to buy what flatters me the best. I also try on everything before buying as some things are just more flattering. Another tip is to wear a good bra and if you wear Shapewear, be sure to wear it when trying on clothes. Makes a big difference as to how things look.

I started out bursting out of 26W and my experience is that the plus sizes are alot more "forgiving". When I moved to misses sizes, I had the experience of buying something back in June that I thought i could wear for months, but I think I only wore it twice before it just didn't look flattering anymore as it was just a bit big and a fitted top that is big just looks ugly. Even hubby noticed it and he notices NOTHING. So my other lesson is don't buy too much at once, you really only need a few well fitting things and mix and match.

My weight loss has slowed down now, but my shape is continually readjusting so I think this is a bit of a long term journey building up a new wardrobe. It is fun and I keep it cheap by bargain hunting.

YARD SALES!

Good will for me. Right now depending on the brand I am either a size 10 or 12 - although most 12s are loose. Wearing loose pants with my extra lower belly skin does not look so good, so I have to make sure things fit.

I really do have to complain about dress designers that make dress based a A or B cups. A 10 fits in the waist, but I need a 14 for my size C bust.

Down from size 22 pants to a 16. There is an angel at work that lost 60 pounds and is the same height as me, she has passed on all her 12-16 clothes! Lucky me!

Thrift store and Goodwill. Awesome.

i highly recommend ebay for not your daughters jeans. they run larger because of the stretch so buy one size lower than your current. you can wear them through a few size adjustments because of the stretch and they are very flattering to women. they are also recommended by my docs for lose skin issues.

Umm, I am wearing khaki pants. I am Jake from State Farm.

I just a rockin' pair of speedos, lemme go find a camera. I'll show you.

Hurry up we can't wait.

So I cleaned out my garage today. Found 4 60Litre tote bins full of clothes that I have purchased over the years that either got too tight or were bought in smaller sizes in hopes that some diet at some time would work. Didn't realize how much clothes I had! So for now I'm going to stick with those. I am going to allow myself a certain $$ amount per month once I reach 199lbs (currently 248). I feel like the clothes I have will fit me until then. I won't be buying a new coat or boots this winter. I have pea coats from 3-4 years ago that we're too snug...but I remember I was about 220lbs when I bought them a few years back. Boots will be my great next year:) I hope to be at goal by next October goal being 130-140 lbs :D so far I have a size 10 dress I'm hoping will fit me in the spring/summer. My fiancé and I need to get some engagement pics done!!

So I cleaned out my garage today. Found 4 60Litre tote bins full of clothes that I have purchased over the years that either got too tight or were bought in smaller sizes in hopes that some diet at some time would work. Didn't realize how much clothes I had! So for now I'm going to stick with those. I am going to allow myself a certain amount per month once I reach 199lbs (currently 248). I feel like the clothes I have will fit me until then. I won't be buying a new coat or boots this winter. I have pea coats from 3-4 years ago that we're too snug...but I remember I was about 220lbs when I bought them a few years back. Boots will be my great next year:) I hope to be at goal by next October goal being 130-140 lbs :D so far I have a size 10 dress I'm hoping will fit me in the spring/summer. My fiancé and I need to get some engagement pics done!!

Uggghhhh. Hate the iPhone app for this site. I meant to say certain dollar amount per month and that my current weight is 248 not 24 smiley face

I go to Ross.... a LOT. I keep dropping sizes, quickly. I know I should be happy, but it's rather frustrating sometimes too (i.e. having pants with the tags on them and they fall off of me... who would have ever thought that would happen????).

But in all honesty, smaller sizes still amaze me. I'm in a size 6 (from 18 originally) as of this past weekend. 5-7 more lbs and I bet I can get into a 4. Holy cow!