Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tell Me About Your New Clothes

I am getting closer to fitting in Kohls clothes again! Going to look for deals a JCPenny etc. and check out some thrift stores.

I've been to Goodwill & resale shops and been given a lot of hand me downs from friends. I have bought a few basic items- undies, bra, workout clothes. I try to really limit spending and make sure it's an item that will fit for a while before I buy it.

I go to Ross.... a LOT. I keep dropping sizes, quickly. I know I should be happy, but it's rather frustrating sometimes too (i.e. having pants with the tags on them and they fall off of me... who would have ever thought that would happen????).

But in all honesty, smaller sizes still amaze me. I'm in a size 6 (from 18 originally) as of this past weekend. 5-7 more lbs and I bet I can get into a 4. Holy cow!

WOW!! That is a dream for sure. I'll be happy with an 8! (18-20 now)

I am a deal shopper! I hit sales constantly. Especially shirts. I figure if its 2.00 and a size smaller i will be able to wear it soon! I never have any luck at Goodwill.

All my clothes are too big so most of them went to a couple consignment stores so I can earn some money off them and what they didn't accept I donated to my local domestic violence women's shelter. I have bought most of my smaller clothes at Salvation Army on Saturdays for 49 cents each. Each Sat. they have a certain pricetag color on sale for 49 cents. If I like it I buy it! I dont

Sent from my DROID RAZR using VST

All my clothes are too big so most of them went to a couple consignment stores so I can earn some money off them and what they didn't accept I donated to my local domestic violence women's shelter. I have bought most of my smaller clothes at Salvation Army on Saturdays for 49 cents each. Each Sat. they have a certain pricetag color on sale for 49 cents. If I like it I buy it! I don't try anything on take it home wash on have hot Water and high heat in dryer. I buy smaller sizes also to have ready.

I have bought a few new items but when you can only wear it 3 weeks and then it's too big it really isn't worth buying new.

I have bought new bras, undies, pjs. I also bought a new pair of black knee high boots and a new wool coat. The coat is a large. If it's too big by the time the weather is that cold I will exchange it for a size medium.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using VST

TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Plato's Closet and Ross have been my life (and money) savers! I too had Rubbermaid buckets full of clothes, but I never got to enjoy them because I lost inches pretty rapidly. I went from 18 to a 12 in 3 months and most of the cute stuff was 14's. I gave the buckets of clothes to friends, family, or whomever would take them.

I'm right there with y'all! I'm so thankful for Ross and Forever 21. I have found their clothes are rather inexpensive, so I can afford the quick wardrobe changes a little easier. Always try on their stuff before you buy it though. In one shirt you may need a small or a medium and the next shirt a large is nowhere close to buttoning- comes with the price I guess! I also try to buy my jeans a little on the tighter side so I can get as much wear out of them as possible before I need a smaller size. It's so crazy to think I have an entire closet of clothes that I've had to get rid of! It's such a great feeling! I did find the other day that I don't have one item of clothing I can wear when it gets cold that fits now. I guess that just comes with the territory!

P.S. I love that someone mentioned Shapewear earlier! I wouldn't go a day without wearing mine! :)

I have plenty of clothes at various sizes. For my work clothing since they are very good quality, I plan to have the clothing tailored. Once I outgrow the sweats and tees, I'll donate to the Vietnam Veterans of America.

Hey, Geminidrive - I am going Dr. Bertha too! He's great.

I shop for probably 90% of my clothes at our local thrift store (frees up my income to travel which is my passion). I am lucky because it is a good one. Rarely does a day go by without someone complimenting me on my clothes, often a total stranger. The key is to go often, at least once a week and to acessorize with costume jewelry and scarves, hats, tights etc. I have so much fun dressing myself now because I spent years hiding in the equivalent of burlap sacks!

I like the deals at JcPenney, and I do a lot of shopping at second hand stores. I rarely buy new unless it is bras and/or underwear as well as athletic wear because I can't seem to find that stuff second hand.

I have three teenage daughters, and I know my wardrobe is on the right track because they are borrowing my clothes (at least the tops). :)

I find the large and medium are better than sizes right now. You can get more time in them if they have elastic. Just a tip.

Hey, Geminidrive - I am going Dr. Bertha too! He's great.

I really liked Dr. Bertha he is very thorough! Did you go to your Pre-op class? I had my surgery at St. Peter's. I stay in contact with a few people that had surgery from his office. When is your surgery?