Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I Loosing Fast Enough? (Got The Sleeve At 154#)

Hey everyone I got the sleeve at 154# and I have only lost like 15#. I want to get to 120#.

I just had the surgery 1 month ago. Did you guys keep loosing after one month? I guess I thought it was gonna be faster than this! I guess since I didn´t have that much to loose it may be slower? Can some of u pitch in some thoughts on this since I can´t make up my mind. I haven´t lost more weight recently and I have been able to eat a bit more so I am loosing hope. Any suggestions or comments?

ATM I'm not sure I read that right myself o.0 of I did them o yes you will be slow the more you have the faster you are. I was 244 I have lost 8lb in almost 3weeks . I was relatively active before I was sleeved and not a big eater. You have a lot less to drop you might be slow.

When you start out at a lower weight you will lose at a slower pace. You can expect about 2 pounds a week until you are about 10 pounds from your goal then it slows down to about a pound a week. I started out at 172. I exercise daily, eat well and now weigh 124.

Are you currently exercising. Sometimes doing a liquid diet for a week should help. Go back to the beginning. One question how tall are you

She only had surgery one month ago, there is no need to go back.

To the OP, be patient. Every one loses at different rates. Not getting in enough Water, Protein or exercise can slow down your loss so take a look at those areas.

And not to judge, but did you say you only weighed 154lbs? I only ask because if so, your weight loss will be slower. The less you have to lose the slower it generally is...and vice versa.

I don't mean to sound rude but something doesn't smell right with this... A doctor that would do the surgery on someone not considered obese? Her profile is misleading.. it says both presurgery and that she had surgery on Aug 25... Even at 5'2".. 150 is not considered obese.. that is only a 28.2 BMI...

I don't mean to sound rude but something doesn't smell right with this... A doctor that would do the surgery on someone not considered obese? Her profile is misleading.. it says both presurgery and that she had surgery on Aug 25... Even at 5'2".. 150 is not considered obese.. that is only a 28.2 BMI...

I was wondering that too. But perhaps in California, doctors are considering it cosmetic?

At only 154#'s, you have a significantly lower difference between your starting weight and your goal weight than most of us do. We are losing more initially because there is a greater difference in our previous typical calorie intake and our post-surgery caloric intake. With only 34 pounds to lose, it will be a much more gradual loss than what most of us experience. You're basically starting at the point where we will be in many, many weeks - or months.

If you want to increase your rate of loss, exercise is probably the way to go as you can only cut out so many calories and remain healthy.

That being said, I'm totally amazed that you would go through this to lose only 34 #'s. Also amazed you found a surgeon willing to do the surgery.

No matter what though, I do with you the best!

I totally agree I certainly hope it was a typo!

If her pic is accurate and recent, not a typo.

Hello everyone! Why are you coming down so harshly on someone who only had a start weight of 154?? You do not know all of her/his stats and medical condition and it is not fair to jump to conclusions. Just because someone is not morbidly obese does not mean they are not entitled to better themselves and better their health. Lighten up and Celebrate the fact that someone is taking the steps to have a better life for themselves, regardless!!!

I don't think it is everyone coming down on someone necessarily. It is shock and surprise. Is being overweight, even slightly a medical problem or is it a beauty issue? We spend a lot of time in this forum discussing health-related issues, feeling better, overcoming challenges, etc. I don't think we have seen anyone who (based on their nickname and lower weight) "appears" to be all about physical appearance. I may be wrong. We are just very surprised based on our frames of understanding.

I don't think we're coming down on her. I think we're a little incredulous that 1) a doctor would perform this surgery on someone that clearly doesn't meet the typical BMI/Obesity guidelines and 2) that someone with only 34 pounds to lose would chose to do so this way. Can't deny that this surgery is a pretty extreme measure to lose 34 pounds.

I'm not being critical of her - just surprised at her choice.