Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Octosleevers 2012. Welcome To The Losers Bench!

How is everyone doing? I'm having a lot of trouble getting my Fluid and Protein in. So far only 300 MLs of apple juice and eating a sugar free Popsicle right now. Maybe ill have some chicken broth tonight...

I'm having trouble getting my Fluid in too I'm trying to get an oz every 15-30 mins but its so hard.

I didn't even know this thread existed! I am 5 days post op - and while I don't feel good' date=' I sure don't think I can say I feel bad! ;)

Surgery was Monday morning, I was awake and in my room by 4 pm that afternoon, I started walking around that night and had some MAGNIFICENT ice chips. OMG were they great. I was released the next night to go home and I am finding that the most comfortable place to sleep is my chair-and-a-half in my living room. I have 5 incisions and laying flat just puts too much pressure on them.

My biggest problems so far have been from gas pains. They are just horrid. A good friend of mine went to the store and bought the dissolving strips for me last night since I couldn't find them pre-surgery. I haven't taken enough of them to make a difference that I can see as of yet. Here's hoping it will get markedly better!

Also, I haven't been able to tolerate regular Water very well. I am drinking Propel Zeros and they stay down pretty good, but regular Water is just uncomfortable to do. Anyone else having that problem?

I am trying to walk around as much as possible, but there is sure nothing fun about Montana in the fall. We were getting snow flakes today. Ugh. So, I walk as much as I can stand being out from underneath about 10 blankets.. hahaha!! Good luck all my loser friends! ;)[/quote']

Water is hard for me also not sure why though?

Yolo

I stopped drinking out of the medicine cups and that has helped me get a bit more fluids in. I have to remember to take small sips but I think it helps me push myself a little bit more.

I really want food :-(. Family is having pizza tonight (one of my favorites) so I quarantined myself to my room.... Soon enough I will be able to have pizza again but just in moderation, I have to keep telling myself I'll get there and I'll be healthy when I do get there!

Down 20lbs since my pre-op appt 9/13!

My one incision where they pulled my stomach out is itching like crazy. I did expect that to happen so soon.

My one incision where they pulled my stomach out is itching like crazy. I did expect that to happen so soon.

Mine r also for 2 days now i scratch around them and it gives me some relief

Yolo

I stopped drinking out of the medicine cups and that has helped me get a bit more fluids in. I have to remember to take small sips but I think it helps me push myself a little bit more.

I really want food :-(. Family is having pizza tonight (one of my favorites) so I quarantined myself to my room.... Soon enough I will be able to have pizza again but just in moderation, I have to keep telling myself I'll get there and I'll be healthy when I do get there!

Down 20lbs since my pre-op appt 9/13!

I went over to a friend's house today just to get myself out of the house. I have this insane urge to clean and rearrange my house and I know that it is a big no-no right now. So, I just removed myself from the situation. However, it also meant going over to M's house where we proceeded to make a trial run for her son's birthday cake. Holy. Temptation.

However, I have lost over 50 pounds before surgery and no cake is going to ever taste as good as my health is going to feel in 6 months. :) Pizza won't be out of the question, but maybe try making it with a flatbread or something to keep it healthier. There is one poster on this forum that I found that has an AWESOME food blog - I wanna say that if you google "gastricsleeve4me + blog" you should be able to find her blog. Lots of good ideas. :)

Stay strong, sleeve sister! You are on the right path!!!

Anyone find themselves dreaming about food constantly? Gosh I'm thinking about some amazing recipes I can't wait to try in a few weeks.

I am. If I was on my pre op I probably would have cheated. But knowing that I haven't fully healed I just made up a recipe page on my laptop and keep adding recipes. Cant wait until week 7 when I can have soft foods!! Even purée foods..

Yep I dream about food. It is weird!

Anyone else not sleeping? Do you take an acid reducer? I am taking Nexuim desolved in Water yuck! I do find it to help.

Anyone else not sleeping? Do you take an acid reducer? I am taking Nexuim desolved in Water yuck! I do find it to help.

443 am here. Been in an out of sleep all night. Woke up at 1am and had the biggest urge to Pee. I hated the thought of getting out of bed because of the soreness etc. I contemplated wetting the bed...but ended up going to the bathroom. Tummy is rumbling now but I didn't need a gravol to help me sleep last night. Hopefully every day is better than the last! I take Prevacid in the morning

I'm not sleeping too well. It's not cause I hurt though. Every time my husband turns, I wake up. Every time I want to turn, I wake up. Lol But I'm 3 days post up and I think I'm feeling much better. I'm hoping I do better on getting my Fluid in today.

The moment I have been dreading has arrived! 4 days post op and Aunt Flo decides to visit. The nausea and cramps are so bad. I can't figure out if they are from the period or post op. I just hope this passes soon! It's thanksgiving here on Monday in Canada and I can't decide if I will be ok enough to socialize with a group of 30+people :-/

I am on my period is stated 3 days after surgery no cramps. I am thinking great maybe my insides are still asleep. So today is day 3 of period and terrible cramps! I never have cramps on day 3. I get up in middle of the night to pee too!!!! The first night was ruff getting out bed, it is getting easier. This not being able to sleep is a bear. On the plus side I am 17lbs down including preop diet. I am happy about that!

Anyone find themselves dreaming about food constantly? Gosh I'm thinking about some amazing recipes I can't wait to try in a few weeks.

Omg i dreamed all night that I came home from the hospital (which I did so last night) to a party with tons of food. And I kept eating and eating so much delicious stuff. Holy cow. Anyway, it was just a dream, and although I never thought I would dream about food like this, I figure it's natural. No interest in food really, just a little head hunger.

So I am home, and I too have the urge to clean and pick up (i am a fussy housekeeper, which is no easy task with 4 kids, 2 dogs and a cat) i wiped down the granite counter tops, because they were dull, and the table, but I left it at that and came up to bed. Feel pretty good. Drinking Water, diluted Isopure and broth without any issues. Walking around the house, to keep the blood flowing. Took a dilaudid at 5 am, which seems to be the witching hour for me. The empty tummy starts grumbling and contracting and wow, does that hurt! So from My comfy bed, Waving, hasta later.

Just Do It!!!