Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Octosleevers 2012. Welcome To The Losers Bench!

When will the loud stomach sounds go away? I am on day 4 post op and it sounds like I have one of those alien things about to pop out of my abdominal wall.

Yea I had my surgery on the 2nd and I still have very LOUD rumbling noises.

I'm down 19 pounds since starting my pre-op diet! I was sleeved on October 3. Each day gets easier. I'm now able to sleep in both sides and he comfortable. I get to start pudding, yogurt and shakes tomorrow. And let me tell you...I'm so ready! I'm sick of Jello and broth. Water is tasting nasty to me, but from what I've read that's normal. I've been drinking Powerade zero. I can't wait to say that I've lost 25 pounds. Hopefully it will be here before I know it!

Hi folks, sleeved on the 2nd, pain was a bit more than I expected, had my drain removed on 4th (that was an experience I never want again) went home Thursday evening feeling the same as a lot of you, massive gurgling going on in belly and abdomen. Moving in bed was a task and sleeping flat impossible. I am now able to sleep side to side and getting out of bed is a tad bit easier. I'm working on getting my fluids in, its hard. Going to try Powerade today. I could not drink my chocolate Protein Powder had to buy vanilla. I'm now having (Tmi) diarrhea after anything I try to eat. Anyone else having this? I feel OK for most part just spent and energyless.

Good luck to all my sleeve sisters/brothers. Everyday we make progress :)

Sleeved October 2. Started at 280 lbs after the liquid diet I was 260 but a hospital scale read 258 and this morning I was 255! 25 lb loss since pre op and 5 lb in less than a week, ill take that! I agree it has been getting easier, although I have my period right now and it's hard to tell if the pain is still from the surgery or from the period. I went to Walmart yesterday and picked up a few things. Took me an hour and let me tell u it was exhausting! But the walking outside did me good. I slept well. Able to sleep side to side.more my right side than my left because my biggest incision is on my left

I was sleeved on Oct 2 and im still in alot of pain from my incisions. Im glad that i dont feel nauseas anymore but there is still alot of gas built up. I weight 200 pre op and 190 the day of surgery. Im so happy to say that i now weight 186. Is anybody feeling sharp pains in your biggest insicion rather than soreness?

I had sharp pains on the left next to a small incision, I figured it was from straining so much to get out of bed. My large two incisions are above and to the sides of my belly button

I was sleeved on Oct 2 and im still in alot of pain from my incisions. Im glad that i dont feel nauseas anymore but there is still alot of gas built up. I weight 200 pre op and 190 the day of surgery. Im so happy to say that i now weight 186. Is anybody feeling sharp pains in your biggest insicion rather than soreness?

I feel that pain. Almost like a twisting feeling..or like a pulling like I've stretched too much

For a couple days I had a super sharp pain that was making it a little hard to breathe. I went to the ER and turns out my spleen is bruised and my diaphragm keeps hitting it. Nothing serious, just good to know what the pain is.

Is anyone else cold? Since I've came back home I've upped the heat to 76 degrees, it was set at 74 for a while and even that was too warm for me. Now my feet feel cold and I'm shivering more. It's weird to sleep with the comforter on. I used to have a fan blowing on me but now it's too chilly for that. The good thing is that I don't mind snuggling with my hubby in bed, whereas in the past I would get mad because he made me sweat more. It's weird how things change after surgery. Time to put on some socks :) Oh and now I hate getting in the bed when it's cold.

Also I loved Water before surgery and now I feel like I'm about to vomit. Maybe I will stick to G2 gatorade.

OMG! Yes to being cold! I live in Montana and we have gotten two snows so far this month (both have melted right away, but still!) and I have been FREEZING! I am almost never cold, either! I was at my sister's house tonight and I touched her foot and she jumped since my hands were so cold! It feels a little weird being on the other end of the spectrum!

Also, I cannot(!!!) stomach Water and it makes me sad! I have had to stick to Propel Zero, but I am sure the G2 is great stuff. I hate that I can't just drink a glass of water anymore. :(

Hello, fellow Octo-sleevers! I decided to pop into VST tonight and see what was happening. :)

I have had a great weekend! Went to the mall (ugh- but it was neccessary) and to costco and just did a TON of walking around. It felt so good to be alive and able to enjoy the crisp fall air!

I have not weighed myself in a week since I feel like my home scale is off a little bit. I am going to take this as an opportunity to NOT stress about a few pounds here and there. I have to go to the clinic at least once a month for an IV infusion treatment and they will be my official scale. Bummer that I can't do it like I would at home (buck naked and after the morning pee... haha!!) but I will take an accurate number over a wonky number any day.

I hope that you all have a FANTASTIC week. It's good to be alive, isn't it? :D

It's so weird how quickly the body bounces back from surgery. My single incision no longer hurts and I've been sleeping a little better. I still have the annoying cough and it's been making it hard to fall asleep but I just make sure to use the humidifier. I have no idea if I've lost weight but I may consider buying a scale on the 15th (payday).

I keep waking up during the night with cramps in my tummy. I guess I need to try and eat a little bit more before bed so that my stomach has something to digest. Also drinking Water makes my stomach cramp but I'm gonna continue trying to work water into my diet because I hate juice. I'm eating some greek yogurt right now trying to see if this will help me sleep better. Did anyone get thrush from all the meds? My tongue was so white but I've dealt with it before because steroids tend to make me get thrush also. Yogurt cures it for me, thank goodness.

Well I actually had surgery in September. The gas can really be something else. I have a injured foot and it was a little hard for me to get up and move around' date=' but move around if nothing but walking in the yard as much as possible. moving pushes the gas out and makes it easier to drink your fluids in the beginning.[/quote']

I've been belching all over the neighborhood lol

I was sleeved Oct 3 and have found that all the full liquids I have are now too sweet! The greek

yogurt is ok but the shakes are too sweet, Jello also too sweet. I can tolerate Soups and Water. Anyone have any suggestions?

When will the loud stomach sounds go away? I am on day 4 post op and it sounds like I have one of those alien things about to pop out of my abdominal wall.

Mine went away today actually... I was sleeved on the 4th of October