Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Octosleevers 2012. Welcome To The Losers Bench!

Well I had mine on Monday. Having a little trouble but because of other circumstances. I pulled a groin mucle getting out of bed in the hospital and I had the pleasure of it being that TOM as I went into surgery. Had to laugh at that one! So glad to be home. They wouldn't let me take my gas x strips in the hospital, but I could once I got home. They help ALOT! Hope everyone is doing good and can't wait to hear how everyone progresses from here!!

Thanks to everyone for posting their surgery experiences. I am scheduled to have mine on 10/8 and it helps me deal with my jitters by reading all of the posts. Congratulations to those of you who are now sleeved and good luck to those of us who are waiting in the wings.

This may be tmi but I had 2 bms so far, one yesterday eve and one this morning. About a cup each time of black liquid. Anyone else?

iPad posted before I was ready!

This may be tmi but I had 2 bms so far' date=' one yesterday eve and one this morning. About a cup each time of black liquid. Anyone else?[/quote']

Haha! I just had my first one! I did a happy dance! You r doing great!!!

Had my first today. Never trust a fart. First i peed the bed while vomiting. Now nearly pooped the bed farting. Good thing I an still in the hospital. Talk about tmi

I had mine in oct 2 and i was doing great untill i got home. I feel so much nauseas and gas pain. This is awfull but meds are not working. Any tips on hoe to drink 64oz of Water. I feel like every sip i take my stomach is gojng to burst. I feel so full when i drink anything. Im so impressed. How well everyone else is doing.

I had mine in oct 2 and i was doing great untill i got home. I feel so much nauseas and gas pain. This is awfull but meds are not working. Any tips on hoe to drink 64oz of Water. I feel like every sip i take my stomach is gojng to burst. I feel so full when i drink anything. Im so impressed. How well everyone else is doing.

Day 2 is definitely more challenging. Day 1 you still have anesthesia on board. Day 2

I have more gas pain and discomfort. Less

Sleepy though. I can only drink 30 cc at a time. (Doctors order)'I wish i could drink 64 ounces. Always thirsty.

Day 2 is definitely more challenging. Day 1 you still have anesthesia on board. Day 2

I have more gas pain and discomfort. Less

Sleepy though. I can only drink 30 cc at a time. (Doctors order)'I wish i could drink 64 ounces. Always thirsty.

This is so true day 2 I was a mess!

I'm having trouble getting Water down too. Popsicles have been going down really well though. I finally can pee without working up to it on the toilet for 10 mins. Had some gas in the bottom end but no BMs yet. Day three and no pain meds all day! Feeling pretty good, just tired.

Day 4 today, got home yesterday, surgery on Monday. Gas in my left shoulder doing better-passing gas from below but no BM yet. Ate puréed turkey and it was actually good-my mother mixed in some broth and gravy. Stomach rumbled like a wild beast! Walking around my yard, still weak, but getting better.

Things went well' date=' Im on pain pump with leg massagers to prevent clots. I have a terrible headache, but otherwise Im ok. Moving to bathroom ok and took short walk down the hall. One of my nurses had this procedure last year and she looks great. Gave me some good tips. Im glad all my Octosleevers are doing well so far!![/quote']

I am so glad you are doing well I LOVE YOU! Stay positive and just remember it only last for a while stay focused on your goal. God is good!

tjchicago Auntie,

Day 4 today' date=' got home yesterday, surgery on Monday. Gas in my left shoulder doing better-passing gas from below but no BM yet. Ate puréed turkey and it was actually good-my mother mixed in some broth and gravy. Stomach rumbled like a wild beast! Walking around my yard, still weak, but getting better.[/quote']

Glad to hear you are doing well. I am about 36 jrs post andy stacje and bowels are rumbling and i am sure an alien wil pop out soon. Thats where most of my pain is now. Going home tomorrow.

Cant wait to join all of you on the losers bench, Oct.18th I will be there with all of you!!! :D

Anyone else experience calf muscles sore? Not painful but just tight.

Yolo