Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Octosleevers 2012. Welcome To The Losers Bench!

Im doing pretty good today. Could even be at work if I needed to be. Gas pains have subsided and things are feeling almost normal again. Im down 13lbs since 10/3 and eating my full liquids pretty good. I dont like anything cold though, room temp or warm is what my sleeve prefers.

Hello I had my surgery oct 5th I'm feeling good walking and sipping. I got my period in the hospital so I am having some cramping from that. I came home after 2 days in the hospital. I haven't had no pain meds in 2 days. I have had GasX! I'm staying away from the scales because its to soon. I know I'm still full of iv fluids and gas so I will weigh on Friday which will be 1 week. God Bless u all!

Im doing pretty good today. Could even be at work if I needed to be. Gas pains have subsided and things are feeling almost normal again. Im down 13lbs since 10/3 and eating my full liquids pretty good. I dont like anything cold though' date=' room temp or warm is what my sleeve prefers.[/quote']

Woop woop sleeve sister! You are doing awesome!

Hello I had my surgery oct 5th I'm feeling good walking and sipping. I got my period in the hospital so I am having some cramping from that. I came home after 2 days in the hospital. I haven't had no pain meds in 2 days. I have had GasX! I'm staying away from the scales because its to soon. I know I'm still full of iv fluids and gas so I will weigh on Friday which will be 1 week. God Bless u all!

Oh! I am so ecstatic and happy for you. I know you have been going through some things. I am praying for you and wishing you a speedy recovery. I am so glad you were able to proceed!

Is anyone having a pulling sensation in the left part of your stomach? Mine is almost directly to the left of my belly button. It's quite annoying! I'm hoping I haven't pulled an internal stitch or something. I'm not sick or anything, just that stupid annoyance.

Is anyone having a pulling sensation in the left part of your stomach? Mine is almost directly to the left of my belly button. It's quite annoying! I'm hoping I haven't pulled an internal stitch or something. I'm not sick or anything' date=' just that stupid annoyance.[/quote']

I have that feeling. Mine is higher, like my l ribcage. I heard something about the possibility of ur diaphragm rubbing against ur spleen and caulking discomfort

I was sleeved on the 1st. Starting on Saturday I've been having a real hard time with Water. There's pain on the way down, almost like a contraction right behind my sternum. Anyone else?

I was sleeved on the 1st. Starting on Saturday I've been having a real hard time with Water. There's pain on the way down, almost like a contraction right behind my sternum. Anyone else?

I have had trouble with water from the day after surgery. I have found success with flavored waters, though. So, maybe try crystal lite, Gatorade G2, Propel Zero, Mio - anything to help get your Fluid in!

Good Luck! :)

I have had trouble with Water from the day after surgery. I have found success with flavored waters' date=' though. So, maybe try crystal lite, Gatorade G2, Propel Zero, Mio - anything to help get your Fluid in!

Good Luck! :)[/quote']

Thanks for the advice! After I posted, I spoke with my surgeon. He suggested the same thing. Said it was a sign of inflammation. Hopefully things get better!

After reading all the replies i started to get worried because i do not recall drinking anything nasty after i woke up. It got me thinking that i did not do a leak test like the rest of you. I spoke to the doctor and he said he did it while i was under in surgery. I guess that is why my pee was blue. Its weird cuz i just now remember. There are alot of things im just now remembering after i woke up.

Sleeved oct 4th. Starting to feel more like myself. Tolerating all the soft foods on my list pretty well. Today was my first day to venture out in public. Lol. Went to Walmart and walked all over the store. I have been walking about a mile and a half everyday since I came home. Today was also my first traumatic food smell day. Lol the hubby came home with fresh McDonald's French fries!! Curse him!! I did open the bag and smell the heck out of them though. Insert huge smile! But that was it. I had no desire to eat one nor even thought about popping one in my mouth. But they sure did smell yummy!!

I had my surgery on October 1. It was outpatient and I was home the same day. The pain was awful:(. I was not prepared for the pain or what to expect. It was 3-4 days before I stopped regretting my decision to have surgery. I am still struggling with not being able to eat. My life has always been arranged around meals! Any suggestions from other sleevers?

Sleeved on Oct 1, one week ago, weighed myself this am ....drumroll please... 27 lbs down since start of preop diet on Sept 18, 10 of it just since surgery . Still on puréed food but doing well with getting fluids in, usually Protein if I add a Protein Shake to the 9 tablespoons of puréed food I can have daily. Still having pain on left side, some gas, and weak, but better everyday.

I went over to a friend's house today just to get myself out of the house. I have this insane urge to clean and rearrange my house and I know that it is a big no-no right now. So' date=' I just removed myself from the situation. However, it also meant going over to M's house where we proceeded to make a trial run for her son's birthday cake. Holy. Temptation.

However, I have lost over 50 pounds before surgery and no cake is going to ever taste as good as my health is going to feel in 6 months. :) pizza won't be out of the question, but maybe try making it with a flatbread or something to keep it healthier. There is one poster on this forum that I found that has an AWESOME food blog - I wanna say that if you google "gastricsleeve4me + blog" you should be able to find her blog. Lots of good ideas. :)

Stay strong, sleeve sister! You are on the right path!!![/quote']

Just stumbled upon "The World According to Egg Face" blog. I was initially thinking this was the one you mentioned and hopped on VST to thank you, but discovered this is actually a different one. Amazing recipes here and a whole bunch of Protein Shake and puréed food ideas. Shelly (aka Egg Face) had RNY but healthy high Protein recipes still apply!

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/?m=1

I haven't had surgery yet but I'm on the October sleevers group and wanted to check up on you all and see how it's going. First, congratulations! I hope to join you on the losers bench soon. But this thread has sparked some questions & comments.

1) I'm so glad that I had a uterine ablation 2 yrs ago, no TOM for me which is good because it seems to be triggered by this procedure ;) and it seems to be painful afterwards.

2) did any of you with calf pain speak with your surgeon? I only ask because it could be a sign of blood clot or of potassium deficiency and I was wondering what they said.

3) do gas x strips make you burp or do they just make the gas go away. I am physically unable to burp (sad but true) so I'd like to find something I can use.

4) what are the slimes? Can you prevent them?

Thanks so much ! And congrats again " losers " ;)