Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Octosleevers 2012. Welcome To The Losers Bench!

I got you all beat! I started my period the day of surgery lol. OMG it sucked so bad having someone change my pad for me and dealing with my blood on the bed constantly. I've been using tampons now that I'm home. sleeping has been hard but I think it's because of my reduced calories and not being able to eat anything. I was able to get in about 60g of Protein last night and it felt pretty good but it took hours, oh and I'm still breastfeeding so I have to make sure to get in some protein and lots of fluids. When I wake up during the night I drink my fluids, so I'm constantly drinking. I think I drank about 60 oz of fluids yesterday. I had to sleep with the humidifier on last night because I've had this annoying cough from the breathing tube. I was finally able to sleep for a good portion. I did roll on to my belly last night and it was a little uncomfortable but I've been partially laying on my stomach since coming home. Today I'm feeling great, I feel like the cloud has finally lifted from over me. My one incision is still a little sore but on a scale of 1-10 it's only a 1.

Hi all. I hope to successfully join the losers club on October 15!!! I'm nervous but so excited. I'll admit that reading about the gas pain from everyone is freaking me out a bit. When did it finally subside for all of you??

My new life begins October 15, 2012!

My shoulder was hurting a little yesterday but I don't have any gas pains today. I did take one gas strip about 2 days ago but it didn't really help. Today I don't have any gas pains and I'm feeling awesome, like I can do some housework and play with my crazy hijos (kids). You will be fine :) Also walking helps get the gas moving. My digestive track doesn't function to well when I take pain meds and I eventually find it hard to rid my body of gas. Once I stopped taking pain meds I was able to fart and burp and the gas quickly came out. I stopped taking pain meds at 1 day post op.

Hello everyone

So pleased to join you all on this side! I was sleeved on the 4th, got home this afternoon from hospital and glad to be here in my own comforts. Like you all I'm finding it difficult to get in all the Water and suffering with gurgling tum and gas pains. It's such a relief when they pass, in the midst of them it feels like you might have a heart attack it takes hold of you like a vice. Not so good.

Been feeling overwhelmed and emotional but find if i just read the amazing testimonials of people ahead of me then I feel reassured.

Just want to fast forward this recovery phase and hope it continues to go well for us all.

I'm trying to stay away from my scales as I don't want to be put off if I'm not down-they pump you full of fluids in hospital and your body is bound to retain as much as it can after the shock if surgery. I will try to wait 2 weeks if I can!!!

Good luck and warmest get well wishes to you all from your sleeve sister in bonny Scotland, UK.

#onedayiwillbeslim SD - October 4th 2012

Hello everyone

So pleased to join you all on this side! I was sleeved on the 4th' date=' got home this afternoon from hospital and glad to be here in my own comforts. Like you all I'm finding it difficult to get in all the Water and suffering with gurgling tum and gas pains. It's such a relief when they pass, in the midst of them it feels like you might have a heart attack it takes hold of you like a vice. Not so good.

Been feeling overwhelmed and emotional but find if i just read the amazing testimonials of people ahead of me then I feel reassured.

Just want to fast forward this recovery phase and hope it continues to go well for us all.

I'm trying to stay away from my scales as I don't want to be put off if I'm not down-they pump you full of fluids in hospital and your body is bound to retain as much as it can after the shock if surgery. I will try to wait 2 weeks if I can!!!

Good luck and warmest get well wishes to you all from your sleeve sister in bonny Scotland, UK.

#onedayiwillbeslim SD - October 4th 2012[/quote']

So glad to see you on the losers bench! The gurgles are the worst. I had them on day 1and 2 Now its pretty much just at 5 in the morning, and I have my hopes maybe not again. I feeling so good I want to do more than I should. my kids are running amok like lord of the flies, and hubby, who works from home, is having a hard time dealing with it. Luckily my older daughter came home from college for the weekend to help out. I did weigh myself, i was sleeved on 10/3 and same weight as whenI was weighed right before the surgery. That said, my belly is still pretty swollen and full of Fluid. Not worried, the weight has to come off. At 3pm i have had 36 ounces of Clear liquids, including 1/2 bottle of Isopure, which is all I am required, Protein wise for the first week. No full liquids until after my appointment on Thursday.

Keep us posted, we'll keep each other encouraged and positive!

Just Do It!!!

Is anyone else cold? Since I've came back home I've upped the heat to 76 degrees, it was set at 74 for a while and even that was too warm for me. Now my feet feel cold and I'm shivering more. It's weird to sleep with the comforter on. I used to have a fan blowing on me but now it's too chilly for that. The good thing is that I don't mind snuggling with my hubby in bed, whereas in the past I would get mad because he made me sweat more. It's weird how things change after surgery. Time to put on some socks :) Oh and now I hate getting in the bed when it's cold.

My shoulder was hurting a little yesterday but I don't have any gas pains today. I did take one gas strip about 2 days ago but it didn't really help. Today I don't have any gas pains and I'm feeling awesome' date=' like I can do some housework and play with my crazy hijos (kids). You will be fine :) Also walking helps get the gas moving. My digestive track doesn't function to well when I take pain meds and I eventually find it hard to rid my body of gas. Once I stopped taking pain meds I was able to fart and burp and the gas quickly came out. I stopped taking pain meds at 1 day post op.[/quote']

Hah! Thanks for the encouragement!!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Is anyone else cold? Since I've came back home I've upped the heat to 76 degrees, it was set at 74 for a while and even that was too warm for me. Now my feet feel cold and I'm shivering more. It's weird to sleep with the comforter on. I used to have a fan blowing on me but now it's too chilly for that. The good thing is that I don't mind snuggling with my hubby in bed, whereas in the past I would get mad because he made me sweat more. It's weird how things change after surgery. Time to put on some socks :) Oh and now I hate getting in the bed when it's cold.

Yes! Freezing! Our seasons are about to change so that could be part of it but I am significantly colder than anyone else in my house and that's usually not the case :-)

I was sleeved oct 1. And am so sick of Protein shakes! I want real food!!!

I was sleeved oct 2, and I dont really do the shakes. I'm on a puréed diet. I do oatmeal for Breakfast, and puréed chicken with fat free gravy for lunch and dinner for the Protein. Evern though it's only about 2-3 teaspoons. It's A LOT better then shakes! Lol and I drink Water and cyrstal light throughout the day.

Day four and finally passed gas and had a bm lol this morning has been difficult with all the has but it is finally moving so hopefully it will ease up sip sip sip walk walk walk ;)

Yolo

Same here! I was shocked I was able to have a bowel movement so quickly

This may be tmi but I had 2 bms so far' date=' one yesterday eve and one this morning. About a cup each time of black liquid. Anyone else?[/quote']

Same here!

When will the loud stomach sounds go away? I am on day 4 post op and it sounds like I have one of those alien things about to pop out of my abdominal wall.

Had my surgery on Oct 2nd. I must admit I didn't expect my pain to be that extreme. been home since Thursday. I startled walking in the. hospital about 10 hours after surgery. I am up in about all day and have to remind myself to take it easy. At the hospital I couldnt drink anything I can now get down at least half of my 64 oz of liquid.< /p>