Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Check In November 2012 Sleevers!

Still struggling with pre-op diet. Only lost 2.5 lbs. in 2 weeks! Also still struggling with insurance. I am not so happy at the moment. Time is ticking by and surgery is planned for less than 2 weeks away. Having a U.S. Thanksgiving dinner for friends and family here in New Zealand. May be a long hard haul to surgery date. Hope everyone else is doing well and staying strong.

Saltmistrose,

You're in New Zealand? Lucky you! I hear it is just beautiful!

My surgery is tomorrow...report time is 6am and I am the first surgery of the day...excited and trying to stay calm can't believe the day is finally here

Hi everyone, I had an idea I thought I would run past the group. I track what I eat on MyFitnessPal and thought it might be nice to share food dairies with people in roughly the same food stages to get ideas as give support. Anyone interested? My user name is boeberitz.

i do too. friend me although I am only 4 days out and having a hard time getting all my shakes down. ferraroma same tag name.

Anyone have any tips for sleeping? I'm not a back sleeper, so Im having a ton of trouble my first night home. I woke up with a ton of back pain so now I'm on the recliner feeling a little better. I'm thinking maybe I'll just sleep here for a few nights, but how did you sleep in bed?

Lots of pillows LOL I am a side sleeper so everything is propped and tucked

My surgery is tomorrow...report time is 6am and I am the first surgery of the day...excited and trying to stay calm can't believe the day is finally here

You'll do great! Keep us posted and ill see you on the losers bench!

Had my 2 week post op yesterday. Im down 22 lbs since surgery. And I can eat regular food. So excited!!

That's awesome! Congrats!

Anyone have any tips for sleeping? I'm not a back sleeper, so Im having a ton of trouble my first night home. I woke up with a ton of back pain so now I'm on the recliner feeling a little better. I'm thinking maybe I'll just sleep here for a few nights, but how did you sleep in bed?

When I am able to sleep I make sure my tummy isn't hanging but proped on pillows and I try to keep my head elevated because I noticed when I actual try to sleep like a normal person I wake up coughing with bad acid refulx. I have heard a lot of people though mention they sleep in recliners for a few days till their tummys aren't too sore.:)

Had my 2 week post op yesterday. Im down 22 lbs since surgery. And I can eat regular food. So excited!!

Congrats George! That's awesome. I can't wait til that's me. Two more days!

Hi i'm Valerie,

I am the last stages of my preop liquid diet. Not too good at it as I am starving!!! Surgery's scheduled for November 20th so no Thanksgiving for me either. I'm actually hoping to still be in the hospital on Thanksgiving because I don't want to hear from the negative part of my family that this is just another failed attempt. I live in The Woodlands, Texas and would really like to find a partner close by that could go through this with me. Feel free to contact me if you're close by and interested. I work as a Principal's secretary at a nearby highschool and I will be so happy to lose enough that I can easily make it up the stairs and across the half mile walk inside the building to my office without feeling like i'm never going to breathe again. LOL. So very excited about this surgery i keep reading all the success stories and i'm dying to be one of them. I wish all The Novemberer's well.

Well tomorrow is the big day! I have to wake up at 3:30am to give myself a Lovenox shot and then an hour later take my magic pill that is suppose to help with the nausea after surgery and then I'll be on the way to the hospital at 5am! Surgery is at 7:30am!

Well tomorrow is the big day! I have to wake up at 3:30am to give myself a Lovenox shot and then an hour later take my magic pill that is suppose to help with the nausea after surgery and then I'll be on the way to the hospital at 5am! Surgery is at 7:30am!

Good Luck...I am also 7:30am tomorrow

Having so much trouble stomaching these Protein shakes...yuck! I don't know how I'm going to be able to drink these for 2 weeks.

Mostly everyone postop seem to be doing pretty well! Two more days to go! I'm traveling to San Diego tomorrow and then it's off to Mexico for surgery on Monday...I'm asking for everyone's prayers...it's my first major surgery and I'm wire nervous although I'm ready for it to be over! I'll keep everyone posted! I thank everyone who has been through this already this month...your posts have been so helpful! I have to remember to walk' date=' walk, walk, sip, sip, sip! :-) You all are a wonderful support system![/quote']

Best of luck! I know it will go good!

Let's get to know each other before our surgery...I'll go first. :)

My name is Amy (37 years old). I live in central FL with my husband and two kids' date=' 3 yo DS and 4.5 yo DD. I work in IT doing technical writing and operational readiness. I love photography and have a small side business, and when I'm thinner, I really enjoy running and spinning.

I was banded in Nov 2009 at 374 lbs. From my banding until Dec 2011 (2 years), I lost 198 lbs. I was thrilled! Despite the occasional vomit and inability to eat certain foods, I was still 99.9% happy with my band. Right after Christmas this year, however, I got a terrible upper respiratory infection. I coughed and coughed and coughed. I coughed until I puked, which caused a slip.

I got a complete unfill in early January. Once the slip was fixed, I started getting fills. But then my band developed a leak and slipped once again. Since the surgeon I was seeing was less than helpful, I found a new surgeon, Dr. Domkowski, who finally treated me without acting like I was crazy, as my last surgeon did. Based on his recommendations and test results, we decided to do the removal and sleeve in two separate surgeries.

Dr. D removed my band on August 3, 2012. Because of the extent of damage done by the band, including scarring and pulling the fundus through the diaphragm, I am waiting around four months to be sleeved. I'd love to be banded on November 25, which would have been the three year anniversary of my band.

I've gained about 70 lbs since December. Sigh. The good news is my surgeon is not at all concerned about my weight gain. He is 100% convinced that I'll lose it all once I'm sleeved, since I was so successful with the band. I'm a bit of a goody two-shoes, and I followed the rules to a "T", and I intend to do the same with the sleeve.

I hope the next four months fly by![/quote']

I hope so too, sound like you did pretty good with the band, I'm getting sleeved in Jan 2013, a little nervous but I'm sure it will be well worth it all!

Good luck to everyone going in tomorrow and this week! You're going to do great!!

I'm having trouble getting my liquids and Protein all in. I've only had about 28 onces for the say so far and 20 gram of protein. I'm going to have some Soup for dinner and then protien pudding to up it up. Sweet stuff is so nauseating to me today though bleh. It's rough the first few days to get it all in